Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Playing Luigi's Mansion 2, Majora's Mask, and a bit of Ultra Moon here and there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm thinking:

Hero/Sovereign/Harbinger
Gunner/Nightseeker

Only Hero & Gunner would remain stationary, the rest will swap around as needed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yesterday on the subway ( :D ) this lady and her child sat down next me and the mom shielded her son's eyes bc I was looking at demon stats and planning a fusion in the compendium I forgot how many of the demons are just naked chicks.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm thinking:

Hero/Sovereign/Harbinger
Gunner/Nightseeker

Only Hero & Gunner would remain stationary, the rest will swap around as needed.

nightseeker is so sick. definitely my favorite class in 4

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Spoderman posted:

nightseeker is so sick. definitely my favorite class in 4

Ya. Landy is another favorite of mine but Hero synergizes better with the team I want to roll with.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got a MyNintendo voucher for 30% off Monster Hunter Stories, so I guess I’ll add that to the backlog too. It looks cute.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Yesterday on the subway ( :D ) this lady and her child sat down next me and the mom shielded her son's eyes bc I was looking at demon stats and planning a fusion in the compendium I forgot how many of the demons are just naked chicks.

Lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lot of rhythm heaven megamix

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Powerful

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

on 2 tha next.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Burroughs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

For anyone interested in Etrian Odyssey Nexus: Someone on gamefaqs said Heroic mode in this game is essentially Normal mode from EO4, so if you liked the challenge of that game then start on Heroic. I just beat the first tutorial area/boss and can vouch for that, it does feel very similar to EO4 Normal.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
current stack

gotta play a jrpg every 2 months

i wanna play through star fox before star fox 64
and metroid 2 dx hack and am2r before samus returns

i dunno how tedious triforce heroes will be i wont push hard on that, i know its kinda co-op looty monster hunter type stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tri force heroes just has a bunch of a levels, the loot stuff is extremely minor. I played through it with 3 people and it was a ton of fun...underrated imo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

miku project mirai has a feature where you can just say song titles on the song select screen instead of scrolling to them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

current stack

gotta play a jrpg every 2 months

i wanna play through star fox before star fox 64
and metroid 2 dx hack and am2r before samus returns

i dunno how tedious triforce heroes will be i wont push hard on that, i know its kinda co-op looty monster hunter type stuff

Planet Robobot. Planet robobot

Triforce Heroes is really good, you just need 2 people who havent played it before

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

you just need 2 people who havent played it before
you heard him folks, step right up

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I’d definitely be into some co-op Triforce Heroes. I had plenty of fun goofing around in the demo

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I agree you should play Robobot first

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

EO Nexus is loving awesome.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I went to buy sausages today and bought Triforce Heroes and OoT 3D. Never played either before so looking forward to them.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

You left for sausages but came back with a couple of bangers instead. :cheers:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The ice temple music in a link between worlds is good as hell

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I finally broke through a roadblock I ran into in Nexus, feels good man. One more level til I unlock intermediate skills. Team is shaping up to be a monster.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Has anyone played The Alliance Alive? I played the demo a while back and it seemed cool. Might gently caress around and add to my pile.

I just finished it. I had a hard time keeping my attention on it, it was generic with some awkward gameplay. There are some original ideas and a few interesting parts but they weren’t enough to make it feel worthwhile. But if you’re totally mad for RPGs it’s only 25 hours or so and won’t take too much of your time.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have like three EO games to play and don't know which to go for. 5, 2 remake and Nexus. I've only played 4 and it owned

Also Ever Oasis which looks very charming. Is it good?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Think 5 would be the best pick out of those.
2 remake is solid but it has annoying boss design and some annoying mechanics.
Nexus is good but insanely long and easy to get burned out on. And it's mostly a fanservice game for people who played all the other EOs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Action Jacktion posted:

I just finished it. I had a hard time keeping my attention on it, it was generic with some awkward gameplay. There are some original ideas and a few interesting parts but they weren’t enough to make it feel worthwhile. But if you’re totally mad for RPGs it’s only 25 hours or so and won’t take too much of your time.

Thanks, good to know. I'll still probably pick it up at some point because I have a problem.

Ever Oasis looks good too, shitt...

Item Getter posted:

Think 5 would be the best pick out of those.
2 remake is solid but it has annoying boss design and some annoying mechanics.
Nexus is good but insanely long and easy to get burned out on. And it's mostly a fanservice game for people who played all the other EOs.

I've only played 4 and am enjoying Nexus immensely. Play Nexus

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I really recommend Kid Icarus to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Average Bear posted:

Yeah I love love that game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Average Bear posted:

I wasn't a fan of the controls

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I wasn't a fan of the controls

That's going to be a sticking point for a lot of people. I had the same problem. My advice is stick with it, you start to get a feel for it after a level or two.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've heard it's unplayable for Lefties so I never tried it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

it works if you hold the stylus in your right hand

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

I had to use a Circle Pad Pro but I really enjoyed it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll probably play Detective Pikachu next but Kirby's Epic Yarn is also coming out soon, lol. It's not a traditional Kirby game but I really enjoyed the Wii version and this one has Devil Mode (?).

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yoshis wooly world and captain toad are both on 3ds and good if uve never played the wii u versions

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I finished link between worlds and it was such a great game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Yoshis wooly world and captain toad are both on 3ds and good if uve never played the wii u versions

I have Captain Toad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I've been listening to some Ace Attorney music and I want to get back into the series.

I've played all of the mainline games except for Apollo and Spirit of Justice. I know people had a mixed reception to Apollo when it came out; should I skip it and go to Spirit or track a copy down?