Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

monolithburger posted:

I reckon Maisie Nankivell from Adelaide has gotta be top 5.

There's a rugby player in Queensland named Bradman Best and you just can't top that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Mumford got suspended again

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Spedman posted:

Interesting hearing Nick Riewoldt’s take on all the drug chat that’s been happening after Grant Thomas’s comments the other week. Riewoldt thinks players are taking this piss with how the illicit drugs policy is implemented, his example was a player who say gets a corky then goes out and has 6 beers will be up in front of the leadership group on a Monday for his behaviour, compared to a player that goes out and takes drugs, who’ll won’t be exposed to the leadership group for having done so, even on the 2nd strike where they can take the mental health training to avoid any repercussions.

His broader point was if the AFL want to reduce the amount of illicit drug use in the system, there needs to be a suspension for the first strike to deter the casual users, which are in the majority, as opposed to those with an addiction problem which need all the support they can get.

I thought that example was kinda stupid because drinking is a club/player group enforced thing and isn't picked up by the AFL at all so why would illicit drugs need to be any different? There's nothing stopping teammates reporting other players drug use to the club except a cultural acceptance amongst the players, is there? Although there's almost certainly legal bullshit that complicates it, but that shouldn't be an issue if the current 3 strikes thing isn't.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Mumford got suspended again

Lmao

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Mustardpots!

https://hawksnestonline.com.au/adidas/legends/hawthorn-legends-guernsey-adidas-2019

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/LukeMathew92/status/1099952412872171525

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The office across from my new work has a No Hawkers sign with Or Pies scrawled in. Very good.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

The office across from my new work has a No Hawkers sign with Or Pies scrawled in. Very good.

Pointing out No Hawkers signs used to be one of my dad’s favourite dad jokes. I’m looking forward to using it myself.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Richmond station to be closed in april for 3 weeks for high capacity train/signalling works.

Not sure about the eastern lines but Sandringham, Franga, Pakenham/cranbourne/gippsland lines will be closed.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Periphery posted:

I thought that example was kinda stupid because drinking is a club/player group enforced thing and isn't picked up by the AFL at all so why would illicit drugs need to be any different? There's nothing stopping teammates reporting other players drug use to the club except a cultural acceptance amongst the players, is there? Although there's almost certainly legal bullshit that complicates it, but that shouldn't be an issue if the current 3 strikes thing isn't.

How do players usually get caught drinking? Is it a third party or club people dobbing them in?

And you would figure if the club had a don’t drink policy it would cover a don’t take pingers policy, but like you said the AFL’s illicit drugs policy clouds the issue, as does an admission to the club/leadership group count as a strike? And therefore would dobbing a player in result in them getting a strike?

I think the point Riewoldt was trying to make is that the drugs policy can be easily rorted/circumvented. Which the end result is that taking illicit substances is a better option than having a few drinks.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Spedman posted:

How do players usually get caught drinking? Is it a third party or club people dobbing them in?

I think generally players don't get caught drinking, they get caught doing stupid things whilst drunk. That the leadership group can then blame the dickheadish behavior on the drink rather than the dickhead.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Or they turn up/don’t turn up to training hungover

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1100239572619845633

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wondering if this is at all related to what Rooey was saying the other day

https://twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1100260795408154625

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huh they took a while on that one ey

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Huh they took a while on that one ey

Probably got legal advice to wait for the suppression order to be lifted first

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

harperdc posted:

:cry:

I reckon his exit interview at the end of last year factors into this somehow.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

harperdc posted:

I hope not but either way it's hosed and i hope Steven gets better soon.

From a selfish footy perspective: Saints 2019 is fuuucked.

At the very least this'll force em to really test some of our young kids in midfield roles. Oh who am I kidding they'll just play Armo or Dunstan in there instead.

For the conspiracy theorists amongst us: Carlisle and Hanners are also looking doubtful for round 1...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

And here I was considering St Kilda for a top 16 finish

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

I hope not but either way it's hosed and i hope Steven gets better soon.

Yep. Win or lose on-field, hope he gets the help and takes the time he needs. Hope the first post/reference didn’t sound super cynical, the right reaction is support always. At the end of the day, they’re and we’re still people.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

What makes you think that?

Spedman posted:

And you would figure if the club had a don’t drink policy it would cover a don’t take pingers policy, but like you said the AFL’s illicit drugs policy clouds the issue, as does an admission to the club/leadership group count as a strike? And therefore would dobbing a player in result in them getting a strike?

I think the point Riewoldt was trying to make is that the drugs policy can be easily rorted/circumvented. Which the end result is that taking illicit substances is a better option than having a few drinks.

I dunno what would happen if a club sanctioned a player outside the AFLs policy, that's a real good question that could explain some of the difference in approachs.

Yeah, I can totally understand Roo's position that it's super easy to circumvent, but I also feel that there's probably a significant cultural difference in the way booze vs drugs (uppers in particular) are considered by the players - ie coke use is probably less frowned upon.

harperdc posted:

Yep. Win or lose on-field, hope he gets the help and takes the time he needs. Hope the first post/reference didn’t sound super cynical, the right reaction is support always. At the end of the day, they’re and we’re still people.

Na it didn't come off as super cynical and is a pretty interesting link to draw that didn't instantly come to my mind. I sure as hell hope it's not drug issues.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

monolithburger posted:

What did he say?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ADELAIDE'S Danielle Ponter and Collingwood's Sarah Dargan are the round four NAB AFL Women's Rising Star nominees.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

gay picnic defence posted:

What did he say?

I think he had questions about the direction of the club, which is a fair thing after the year the Saints had. Hope he takes all of the time he needs.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/BOM_Vic/status/1100141595008159744

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Steven is taking time off due to a family related issue.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Thank gently caress it cooled down I hate summer so much

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Richmond should loving apologise for having a child rapist as vice patron.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
They removed him right after the suppression order was lifted.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They were going to remove him in 2017 but the board decided not to.

A reminder he played in their under 19 team and was selected/offered a senior role but decided to go into the church.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Quantum Shart posted:

Richmond should loving apologise for having a child rapist as vice patron.

pell couldn’t play away like richmond

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I mean I wanna make jokes like 'he went to play in the minor leagues instead hurrrr' but I keep remembering that one of the kids he raped od'd at 31 years of age

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here's a knee-slapper: He's going to rot in prison and then burn in hell lmao

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

snoremac posted:

They removed him right after the suppression order was lifted.

They should apologise for him being there at all

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I mean even long before the convictions there was
1) enough claims about his personal abusing to give you pause
2) clear and public evidence that he enabled coverups of abuse by others

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Well, at least there’s some good folk there who suggested it in ‘17 and went through with it the moment they had legal validation. It’s not ideal, I admit.

Bolt goes for Richmond so at least there’s that.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/MichaelWhiting/status/1100539716288409601?s=19

Must sound strange for the suns to have people cheering them on.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

There’s probably no shortage of jailbirds looking forward to saying they rooted a cardinal too

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

realbez posted:

I'm sure the Bolt, Devine, Howard public defense of him will work out just great too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Hope the prick rots in jail.

Also, strip Richmond of the 2017 flag