Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I got Luc Besson. I guess I'll get away by shoving him to the monster at a critical moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

K. Waste posted:

RE Korean horror, Bunshinsaba (2004) is on YT and is so drat good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvrwXIPsxc

Burkion posted:

*Squints eye*

You know you can watch their movies just like normal right

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

My birthday buddy is Leslie Jones! We'd be awful at stealth, but she'd wreck a serial killer's day as soon we got cornered. We'd also have Gloria Gaynor, so of course she will survive. Dario Argento could be the ironic pre-credits victim, and Doug Bradley is the guy we start to think is the murderer until we stumble over his body.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Hollismason posted:

It was a pain the rear end but I managed to get some photos of the crawl space. There's no light down there and i realized my mistake when I crawled in there and had to turn my light off to take flash photography so that was real pleasant.

This pic is away from the entrance. It was super dark down there I am gonna need to get a flashlight.

I couldn't go any further because the ceiling is narrow and I didn't have a flashlight. Also, it slope downward there in a path but I didn't go check it out. I'll also probably do this in the day time so there will be some light.

Yeah, you're going to find something/someone dead down there.

I've got a ton of soccer players I've never heard of and Yvonne DeCarlo. Not sure where I'll stand in that case.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it'll be me and Queen Latifah vs. Grover Cleveland with an axe, in

Cleaveland

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stryder posted:

Hollis, just out of curiosity, what state do you live in?

Permanent existential dread.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I'm like Schrodinger's Cat you gotta open up my box to see my state

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hollismason posted:

I'm like Schrodinger's Cat you gotta open up my box to see my state

I thought we had to open up your VCR.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

K. Waste posted:

"Come on, Deimos! Richard Nixon... Nick's son!... Hi, dad!"

the killer's name is Nick

I wish I didn’t know every line to both of those movies by heart.

It’s not my blood, Julie :anime:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

I'm either surviving with Jessica Alba or Harper Lee.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Logan Paul, Asa Butterfield, and Susan Boyle

I am so hosed lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I'm not telling you lot what my birthday is, but I have no fear of being in a horror movie with the most famous person who shares it because I'm pretty certain I can run faster than they can.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I got Robert Englund so I think I'm good.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Dr. Phil :cool:

or Lily Tomlin, I'm not sure who I'd have the best chances with

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Clint Eastwood is a dick for a number of reasons but I think I could've done a lot worse for a horror movie partner. I'd help explain to him the rules of survival and he would punch the monsters.

If I wanted to just hang out with a decent person before we inevitably get eaten by the monsters I'd go with Lea Thompson.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Can't wait to slay some demons with famous Hungarian composer Franz Liszt.

K. Waste posted:

edit: I realize that lots of people find the whole "the true monster is man" genre tired, but with Irreversible it actually falls into that closely related category of "there is no monster." Le Tenia does not actually exist.

Well, of course he doesn't actually exist. It's just a movie, duh. :rolleyes:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Do we have to pick currently alive?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

It's gonna be me and Snoop Dogg, so it's probably the 7th or 8th sequel in a popular franchise and it's in space. Snoop hands me a piece and sits back to smoke a blunt, tells me to "nizz up or shizz up", so I go to confront the killer and immediately die. Snoop avenges me by kickboxing the killer into submission.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly Snoop is probably a great partner to have because

A. he seems to be a horror fan so he'd be knowledgeable

B. he's chill as hell, he'd stay cool the entire time

C. he's lived through some rough times, he can definitely take care of himself

D. if you die, hey, you died hanging out with Snoop

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

King Vidiot posted:

It's gonna be me and Snoop Dogg, so it's probably the 7th or 8th sequel in a popular franchise and it's in space. Snoop hands me a piece and sits back to smoke a blunt, tells me to "nizz up or shizz up", so I go to confront the killer and immediately die. Snoop avenges me by kickboxing the killer into submission.

He brings you back to life by smoking from evil bong and performing CPR with the smoke

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think one of my favorite horror movie nerd things to do is to track the lineage of italian horror franchises

poo poo like Demons 3 not being the third movie in the Demons series but rather its own movie and that the Church is actually Demons 3

or the absolute clusterfuck that is zombi

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My latest romantic interest loves Green Inferno, and she had no idea it was Eli Roth's response/rip-off of the Italian cannibal subgenre. She doesn't know anything about Italian horror, really.

Long story short, I have to get a copy of Cannibal Holocaust without the animal killings. Is that specific version streaming anywhere? I have a feeling it is not.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

My latest romantic interest loves Green Inferno, and she had no idea it was Eli Roth's response/rip-off of the Italian cannibal subgenre.

Long story short, I have to get a copy of Cannibal Holocaust without the animal killings. Is that specific version streaming anywhere? I have a feeling it is not.

the dvd lets you turn animal death on and off

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Franchescanado posted:

My latest romantic interest loves Green Inferno, and she had no idea it was Eli Roth's response/rip-off of the Italian cannibal subgenre. She doesn't know anything about Italian horror, really.

You could probably just look up the time stamps of when those scenes occur and then be ready to fast forward through them. Maybe the easiest solution.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the dvd lets you turn animal death on and off

That's a really nice feature.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

alternatively really loudly go "WOW, WHAT AMAZING SPECIAL EFFECTS"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol while trying to find the specific version that has it I came across this

https://www.amazon.com/Holocaust-Ca...s%2C140&sr=8-13

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol while trying to find the specific version that has it I came across this

https://www.amazon.com/Holocaust-Ca...s%2C140&sr=8-13

Directed by Bill Zebub.

Well I guess we'll watch this instead.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

this has to be the worst poster for Dellamorte Dellamore

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this has to be the worst poster for Dellamorte Dellamore

Fun fact, that's the only poster for the film that I could use in the OP's Staff Picks because it's the only one without blatant nudity.*

See also Possession.

*that was still interesting/fit the design idea of the post

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

Fun fact, that's the only poster for the film that I could use in the OP's Staff Picks because it's the only one without blatant nudity.*

See also Possession.

*that was still interesting/fit the design idea of the post

Eh I thought the DVD cover did a good job. It effectives communicates the idea of a man in isolation finding meaning through his absurd duty

but seriously Dellamorte Dellamore might be the best summary of existentialism ever put to film

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Look for the British edit of Cannibal Holocaust it has all of the animal mutilation removed. It has a shorter run time.

Movie censorship website has details

Congrats on the relationship please name your child after me.

I would also accept Peter Vincent as a name

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Eh I thought the DVD cover did a good job. It effectives communicates the idea of a man in isolation finding meaning through his absurd duty

but seriously Dellamorte Dellamore might be the best summary of existentialism ever put to film

Oh, for sure. I just specifically chose alternate covers for the OP. Either ones that looked colorful, or like an old VHS, or that were thematically relevant to the film. The Dellamorte Dellamore one took so long to pick, and I agree it’s a weak cover.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My reasoning was that having colorful covers or alternative covers would be more eye-grabbing than traditional covers that regulars may have seen often enough that their eyes glaze over. While they're not always good, it was a fun exercise to find something that was at least unique but wouldn't overtly spoil any surprises to the film.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ruddiger posted:

Just me and Woody Guthrie, killing fascist draculas and serenading underrepresented frankensteins.

Me and Mary Shelly appreciate your musical stylings.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

For the record the most famous person I share a birthday with is loving Pinochet, so I guess we're going to perform an illegal US-backed military coup against Ghostface before he even kills anyone and then spend decades oppressing his people.

Then the movie's gonna end before we get our comeuppance and it will be reviewed very negatively.

I mean don't get me wrong, the idea of hundreds of soldiers murdering Jigsaw or whoever in their bed is a pretty hilarious one.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
What famous person's height (in cm) most closely match those three crazy digits on the back of your credit card?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

For the record the most famous person I share a birthday with is loving Pinochet, so I guess we're going to perform an illegal US-backed military coup against Ghostface before he even kills anyone and then spend decades oppressing his people.

Then the movie's gonna end before we get our comeuppance and it will be reviewed very negatively.

I mean don't get me wrong, the idea of hundreds of soldiers murdering Jigsaw or whoever in their bed is a pretty hilarious one.

I guess the trick would be convincing him that the killer is a communist, after that you’d be on easy street. A more chatty killer like Freddy would probably turn the tables on you though.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Guys, who's the most famous person who shares your mother's maiden name, and how would they fare against the killer in a horror movie named after the city you grew up in?

e: On an unrelated note, I guess Amazon finally stopped being dickheads and allowed VPNs to get through to their website. I mean, I was avoiding purchasing poo poo through them because gently caress them, but it was annoying not being able to follow links and look at products on their site.

VV It depends on the VPN. For the longest time, NordVPN didn't get along with Amazon for a lot of people. I just started using it recently and only just now have been able to access Amazon with it turned on.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 26, 2019

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Guys, who's the most famous person who shares your mother's maiden name, and how would they fare against the killer in a horror movie named after the city you grew up in?

e: On an unrelated note, I guess Amazon finally stopped being dickheads and allowed VPNs to get through to their website. I mean, I was avoiding purchasing poo poo through them because gently caress them, but it was annoying not being able to follow links and look at products on their site.

Ive used a VPN with amazon for years with no trouble. Weird. I can even stream prime video with my VPN on unlike Netflix and Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Biomute posted:

What famous person's height (in cm) most closely match those three crazy digits on the back of your credit card?

A brachiosaur.