Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

One of my best friends once told me that "mayo was too spicy for his tastes".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

So if you have the majority of these in your cupboards/ fridge, where does that put you? Do I have to make a graph and try to trend it? Most of the ones I don't have are on the right side...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Geo Fixer posted:

Sounds like he was cursed by zeus or some poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Geo Fixer posted:

pepper is too spicy for my mom

she's also a maga mormon chud

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Sounds like he was cursed by zeus or some poo poo

lmao, owns

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Lindo is whats up, stop playing.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

therobit posted:

So, what brand of new dishwasher did you buy since it works well?

I got some new GE dishwasher installed 3 years ago and it works perfectly fine with cheapo cascade powder. As long as you rinse and scrape off any excess gunk off your dishes before putting them in; any dishwasher should be fine.
To add to the thread. I’m sad that my Costco doesn’t carry tobasco hot sauce at the moment. I hope they bring it back soon.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 26, 2019

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Ive used all these sauces and i love them all. Hot sauces rules! Every single one!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I also really like Pace Picante and I don't think I've ever NOT yelled ,"New york city!??" After i ask for Pace.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Really let down by Costco a few weeks ago.

I scouted out Costco to see what baby formula/diapers they sold. The only diapers they had were Huggies which are poo poo, but they did carry the formula we wanted. I didn't buy any because we wanted to talk to the pediatrician before committing.

Less than a week later, all of the formula was gone and was replaced with a different brand, so I had to make an unplanned target run. Turns out, the formula is the same price between Costco, BJs, Target, and Amazon, so I'm just getting it from Amazon from now on.

Got a dog + churro so the trip wasn't a waste by any means.

e: And my Costco finally started to carry the Fit Crunch protein bars.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 26, 2019

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Buy the Kirkland brand diapers and wipes. That’s what we used for our son after we ran out of all of the gifted Huggies/Pampers stuff from the baby shower and they are just as good as the name brands but a hell of a lot cheaper. We had to use the Similac Sensitive formula to supplement feeding and when they stopped carrying it they said we could try the Kirkland brand equivalent (which was wayyy cheaper) and if he didn’t tolerate it they would refund the whole purchase even if we’d opened it and used some. Thankfully he did tolerate it and we continued to use the Kirkland formula until he was on solid foods. Kirkland diapers/wipes/formula for life!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

We buy the Kirkland baby wipes to use to clean up after our hedgehog and generally to clean around the house because holy poo poo those things take grease off of stuff like crazy

My dad was with my once when I bought a case and he was confused and wondered if we we're finally having a grandchild for him

Nope, it's for our pet

They don't sell kids at Costco so we haven't got one yet

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Early on with our first kid when we were living in Japan it was basically cheap poo poo or Pampers. We tried an off brand daipers instead of Pampers and I decided I would never cheap out on daipers again after a deepwater horizon incident.

Once we came back to the US we discovered that Huggies were better quality than Pampers and started buying them from Costco. Renegret- what are you using that is better than Huggies?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

Early on with our first kid when we were living in Japan it was basically cheap poo poo or Pampers. We tried an off brand daipers instead of Pampers and I decided I would never cheap out on daipers again after a deepwater horizon incident.

Once we came back to the US we discovered that Huggies were better quality than Pampers and started buying them from Costco. Renegret- what are you using that is better than Huggies?

Every only blowout we've had were with Huggies because they just never fit right and are too loose around the butt. We only had them because they were a gift. We've been using pampers because we got a ton as gifts, but we're switching to Luvs once they run out. My wife worked as an infant teacher in daycare for 4 years and has changed thousands of diapers in her life. Pampers were always the best for her, Huggies consistently didn't fit correctly and had blowout problems. Luvs get the job done almost as good as Pampers but are nearly half the price.

As for formula, trust me I'm the first person to grab generic store brand poo poo when available. I know that baby formula is one of the most heavily regulated things in this country, and that the Costco generic is the same thing I'm buying anyway, but something just skeeves out about going generic for formula anyway. Babygret is only 6 weeks old so we're not comfortable experimenting with formula quite yet.

I don't give a poo poo about wipes but they're not terribly expensive anyway.

e: The Mediterranean balsamic Costco bagged salad has been a godsend for us. A bowl of salad that's delicious and takes 10 seconds to mix up during a time when we're eating way too much take out. Not the healthiest salad in the world but at least it's green.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 26, 2019

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Renegret posted:

Every only blowout we've had were with Huggies because they just never fit right and are too loose around the butt. We only had them because they were a gift. We've been using pampers because we got a ton as gifts, but we're switching to Luvs once they run out. My wife worked as an infant teacher in daycare for 4 years and has changed thousands of diapers in her life. Pampers were always the best for her, Huggies consistently didn't fit correctly and had blowout problems. Luvs get the job done almost as good as Pampers but are nearly half the price.

As for formula, trust me I'm the first person to grab generic store brand poo poo when available. I know that baby formula is one of the most heavily regulated things in this country, and that the Costco generic is the same thing I'm buying anyway, but something just skeeves out about going generic for formula anyway. Babygret is only 6 weeks old so we're not comfortable experimenting with formula quite yet.

e: The Mediterranean balsamic Costco bagged salad has been a godsend for us. A bowl of salad that's delicious and takes 10 seconds to mix up during a time when we're eating way too much take out. Not the healthiest salad in the world but at least it's green.

Maybe my kids just have fat asses like dear old dad.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

therobit posted:

Maybe my kids just have fat asses like dear old dad.

I don't know where my kid got his correctly proportioned booty from because it sure as hell wasn't from me

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I tried a pack of huggies and hated it because the straps are reversed and it fucks up my muscle memory from changing diapers in the near dark. They may be fine but we’re a pampers family dammit.

Huggies wipes are good tho.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

el yucateco loving rules bitch

I'm going to balk at anybody putting Tapatio, the true friend of the proletariat, so far up

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Renegret posted:

e: And my Costco finally started to carry the Fit Crunch protein bars.

Do the Fit Crunch bars live up to the hype?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Huge_Midget posted:

Buy the Kirkland brand diapers and wipes. That’s what we used for our son after we ran out of all of the gifted Huggies/Pampers stuff from the baby shower and they are just as good as the name brands but a hell of a lot cheaper. We had to use the Similac Sensitive formula to supplement feeding and when they stopped carrying it they said we could try the Kirkland brand equivalent (which was wayyy cheaper) and if he didn’t tolerate it they would refund the whole purchase even if we’d opened it and used some. Thankfully he did tolerate it and we continued to use the Kirkland formula until he was on solid foods. Kirkland diapers/wipes/formula for life!

It’s funny, the Kirkland branded diapers ended up being better quality then the other name branded stuff at Costco. My nephew seemed to enjoy the Kirkland formula too but I wasn’t sure if it was any better then name brand stuff.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

meet girls at the store posted:

From a nutritional standpoint they're slightly inferior to many other protein bars.

From a taste standpoint, they're leaps and bounds better than any other protein bar I've had. They'd be worth it for taste alone even if it wasn't full of protein.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Hi, parent of two young children here, we rocked Kirkland diapers until my daughter realized that Mickey Mouse is on Huggies diapers so we started paying the premium so she should poo poo into a Disney printed diaper.

Kirkland brand childcare stuff is awesome - wipes, diapers and I'm sure formula. Don't be too fussy, you'll give your kid a complex.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I really only care about ability to contain a blowout. My son is potty training right now so hopefully I can stop buying pullups in a few months.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Best diaper is no diaper. Cuz I aint got no kids. Just a dog. And an immense appetite for dawgs n bakes and Bitchin sauce.

Just buy those packs of puppy training pads!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I have an old cat that stands in the litterbox and pisses on the floor outside it, I need puppy pads real bad. Gotta pick some up next costco run.

drat cat will probably die the next day leaving me with hundreds of pads.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ElGroucho posted:

Tapatio, the true friend of the proletariat

I see you are unfamiliar with Valentina, the $2 liter of hotsauce.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Best diaper is no diaper. Cuz I aint got no kids. Just a dog. And an immense appetite for dawgs n bakes and Bitchin sauce.

God drat I need some more of that bitchin sauce. That's good stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

I see you are unfamiliar with Valentina, the $2 liter of hotsauce.

Both are good friend.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
We got washable diapers but still get our wipes at Costco. Just busted into the third case and baby is almost a year. So nice when you're about to run out of a pack and can just go grab another pack of 100 wipes out of the closet.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Tell me about Costco pesto. Is it still good? What do you all usually make it with?

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Renegret posted:

The Costco wipes are better because they don't tear. Huggies wipes are the worst.

If you look at ingredients and nutritional values, the Kirkland formula is basically standard Similac, as it's made by Abbott Labs. The Similac Pro Advance is the newer formula, but not available as the Costco brand.

Independent of Costco, if you're going the all formula route, buy https://babybrezza.com/products/formula-pro You can get a coupon buy signing up for their email for like 25% off, but this is the best thing every. Just clean it regularly, and it'll work perfectly. Need 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 ounces at 3am while you're sleep deprived? Hit the button and you're ready to go!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Renegret posted:

From a nutritional standpoint they're slightly inferior to many other protein bars.

From a taste standpoint, they're leaps and bounds better than any other protein bar I've had. They'd be worth it for taste alone even if it wasn't full of protein.

My work’s kitchen started carrying these protein bars and they taste alright i guess (its more the texture thats good) but they’re 400 calories per bar...

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Coredump posted:

Tell me about Costco pesto. Is it still good? What do you all usually make it with?

Oh honey. :bigtran: COSTCO PESTO IS SO GOOD.

Slap it on some pasta that’s still piping hot and you can see the parmesan cheese melt.

My recipe for costco brand gravy blood:
Cook bacon in a pan
Leave some bacon fat in the pan and use it to toast a ciabatta roll
Slather the bread in pesto
Cut an avocado and slap it and the bacon between the ciabatta roll

Also, the pesto is good for making pizza, dipping bread into it, stirring it and goat cheese into scrambled eggs while they’re cooking, using as a finishing sauce for chicken or anything breaded, and rubbing on your titties when you want to feel pretty.

When I was low carbing it, I made eggs over medium and put a dollop of pesto on it. :rms:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

durrneez posted:

Oh honey. :bigtran: COSTCO PESTO IS SO GOOD.

Yup.

And while I generally hate pre-shredded parm of any kind, the Kirkland grated aged Parmigiano Reggiano is AMAZING. Love it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Taima posted:

My work’s kitchen started carrying these protein bars and they taste alright i guess (its more the texture thats good) but they’re 400 calories per bar...

Calories provide energy for physical and mental activities

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Coredump posted:

Someone said it was made with sunflower oil instead of olive oil, but I didn't notice anything bad when I tried it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

You know what is actually less in calories?

DAWGS

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I bought FC before getting my membership, so I was stoked to find out they're carried. Wish they had more than the peanut butter flavor, bit they're drat good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hell yeah they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

Taima posted:

The ones at Costco are only 190 calories.