Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I came across this a while back and was super impressed-

https://youtu.be/-hPBt7ICpLQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cvnvcnv posted:

I came across this a while back and was super impressed-

https://youtu.be/-hPBt7ICpLQ

That's rad.

Teenagers can be rad.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Topher Grace edited the PT and OT into a 5 minute trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdoWJywrOuw

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

morestuff posted:

They’re spending $150 million to digitally de-age them. This is not a joke post

Holy gently caress WHAT?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote US (one night) release trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiiRZJUTT2k

I refuse to accept this movie will ever actually be in theaters in any form.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Firstborn posted:

Holy gently caress WHAT?

They're not doing that. The budget of the movie is $150-200 million. Not just for the de aging tech.

kiimo posted:

I'd like to mention that even though I made fun of their anti-aging CGI or whatever you want to call it, I enjoyed Tron 2. It's beautiful.

This is a good example of actual de-aging CG (that isn't just a 100% CG model).

https://vimeo.com/274179972

Also yes Oblivion is loving awesome.

I love the screen they used for the SkyTower soundstage.

https://youtu.be/38crQSrMVwM

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 27, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mulva posted:

I refuse to accept this movie will ever actually be in theaters in any form.

It’s out there and watchable.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Star Wars...is so bad. So bad.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Holy poo poo MewTwo

Or do kids today know who that is?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vintersorg posted:

And the ST.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

That was all loving over the place. There was no through-line other than "Star Wars exists".

However I liked that implied the "there is another" being Rey instead of Leia, which I'm not really sure I've seen elsewhere. Or maybe that's meant to be text in the ST but TFA is so goddamn clunky that it didn't come across.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

That was all loving over the place. There was no through-line other than "Star Wars exists".

However I liked that implied the "there is another" being Rey instead of Leia, which I'm not really sure I've seen elsewhere. Or maybe that's meant to be text in the ST but TFA is so goddamn clunky that it didn't come across.

Yeah, that part is the only part in the trailer that really hits, but god drat does it hit.

Like, that actually would be a cool place for Episode IX to go, that Anakin's destiny was to be Luke's father, who would then go on to train the actual chosen one. Anakin and Luke's destiny was misery and failure, merely to setup Rey bringing balance to the Force.

I should say I don't think that's what has been setup. It would melt the brains of some people on the internet, though, that their beloved Luke's destiny was to setup A GIRL.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Way too cutty in the first half. Scenes need room to breathe. I'd cut about four or five of them and add extra frames to the heads and tails of each scene. Also it's all over the place with no definitive through-line. You can tell it's edited by an actor.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Action Jacktion posted:

Holy poo poo MewTwo

Or do kids today know who that is?

Of course they do.

Its still wildly popular, has appeared in the last two Smash games as a playable character, is a major character in the Detective Pikachu game and the most recent Pokemon game was another remake of the first and had Mewtwo as the end boss.

Its one of the most iconic Pokemon in the franchise outside or Pikachu and like Charizard.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

feedmyleg posted:

It's more of a tribute to and celebration of Star Wars rather than a proper trailer for the entire saga imo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

merely to setup Rey bringing balance to the Force.

Vader already brought balance to the force because there were way too many jedi once upon a time, and they didn't do any due diligence interpreting their own slogans.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

It's more of a tribute to and celebration of Star Wars rather than a proper trailer for the entire saga imo.

Yeah. And I think it’s wonderfully edited, focusing more on matching the cues than anything else, which is my favorite kind of edit. There’s something so satisfying about music/video synergy. It’s not supposed to be a trailer so it doesn’t have to be like one, and can get away with the tonal changes.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, that part is the only part in the trailer that really hits, but god drat does it hit.

Like, that actually would be a cool place for Episode IX to go, that Anakin's destiny was to be Luke's father, who would then go on to train the actual chosen one. Anakin and Luke's destiny was misery and failure, merely to setup Rey bringing balance to the Force.

I should say I don't think that's what has been setup. It would melt the brains of some people on the internet, though, that their beloved Luke's destiny was to setup A GIRL.

It's understandable considering how badly written Rey's character is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Topher Grace needs a new hobby.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Topher Grace needs a new hobby.

Better this than acting

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Thaddius the Large posted:

Better this than acting

He’s basically just a character actor that does rear end in a top hat creeps these days and he’s pretty good at it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Topher is really good.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Topher has watched some AMVs in his time and it shows with that Star War thing

Who amongst us

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I learned how to edit by doing that but with pirates of the Caribbean clips. It’s a valid and cool editing style.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

morestuff posted:

He’s basically just a character actor that does rear end in a top hat creeps these days and he’s pretty good at it

he's playing a pastor in some christian movie that I keep seeing the same loving trailer for and honestly, he does a pretty good "total loving dweeb" after all these years

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Topher Grace would have made a better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
New Dark Phoenix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-q8C_c-nlM

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

This looks painfully mediocre.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Long hair McAvoy is sexy af but literally everything else about that looks loving bad.

edit: I don't know if it's just an effort thing, but the XMen movies (logan aside) have just aged really really badly. The production quality, costume design... everything just seems to have not kept pace with the rest of the fantasy/superhero realm of movies.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think a lot of the problem is that Singer is a legit awful director and yet pretty easily the second-best ever to touch X-Men.

(Mangold's stuff is the only legitimately good X-Men movie material.)

e: Like, it actually clicked for me from Bohemian Rhapsody. Bohemian Rhapsody feels like an X-Men movie, but about Queen, and mostly because it's made like absolute poo poo in the same way all of Singer's joints other than arguably X2 are.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

First Class is my favorite X-Men movie. :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

First Class is my favorite X-Men movie. :shrug:

I... legitimately forget First Class exists, like, all the time. :cripes: First Class is also good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

A lot of people do, but it really has the best cast of any X-Men film, and is legit a lot of fun. I mean, Kevin Bacon as the villain? He's the best. He should do villain roles all the drat time. He's so perfect at it.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I think a lot of the problem is that Singer is a legit awful director and yet pretty easily the second-best ever to touch X-Men.

(Mangold's stuff is the only legitimately good X-Men movie material.)

e: Like, it actually clicked for me from Bohemian Rhapsody. Bohemian Rhapsody feels like an X-Men movie, but about Queen, and mostly because it's made like absolute poo poo in the same way all of Singer's joints other than arguably X2 are.

What?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Go watch Bohemian Rhapsody and DoFP and tell me they're not incredibly janky in the exact same loving ways.

e: And he's still above Ratner, Gavin Hood, and Kinberg, is my point.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BohamRhap feels like a Singer joint because it's about a bunch of """""misfits""""" who come together but for no real purpose and the film is sloppy and looks like complete rear end, but in a subtle way.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

BohamRhap feels like a Singer joint because it's about a bunch of """""misfits""""" who come together but for no real purpose and the film is sloppy and looks like complete rear end, but in a subtle way.

It also literally is a Singer joint :v: I'm more focusing on the bolded

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

It also literally is a Singer joint :v: I'm more focusing on the bolded

Did Bryan Singer touch you or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Let us examine Singer's incredible direction in this scene of X-Men 5

Magneto shows up to gently caress poo poo up cuz he mad

people scared. Oh poo poo, what's he gonna say!??

the big speech begins

Oh.

what is the focal point in this scene?