Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I am reading Cohen's testimony and this poo poo is BONKERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Man, I am reading Cohen's testimony and this poo poo is BONKERS.

Yeah, the hearing's gonna be nuts. Going to be amazing what the questions look like with that as the starting point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And in a surprise to no one, the MAGA chuds are just screaming "he's a liar! All fraud" and denials.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Toolchat : I have acquired a torque limited screwdriver. It is hilariously fun.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

And in a surprise to no one, the MAGA chuds are just screaming "he's a liar! All fraud" and denials.

That's the thing -- they're all screaming that, but how do you prove or disprove a liar's words? With evidence. And it looks like Cohen is providing that, too. :munch:

Liquid Communism posted:

Toolchat : I have acquired a torque limited screwdriver. It is hilariously fun.

:sigh: link, please. Now I have something else to buy.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

STR posted:

Because my bloodwork hasn't looked this good since I was diagnosed as adiabatic.

lmao I caught that

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

meatpimp posted:

That's the thing -- they're all screaming that, but how do you prove or disprove a liar's words? With evidence. And it looks like Cohen is providing that, too. :munch:

Just lol if you think "evidence" or "cold hard facts" prove anything.

- Trump voters, Brexit voters

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

STR posted:

Are you using the stock messaging app? If so, it's straight up Android Messages. There's a way to enable a web interface with it, you might find the messages there. Top right corner, tap the 3 dots, select "Messages for web", and on your PC, go to https://messages.android.com. It'll give you a QR code to scan.

See if the messages show up there. If they don't, then yeah, they're gone. :smith:

e: basing this on my G5+, but Moto has stuck with vanilla Android for the G series.
I am, I'll check into that today. I appreciate it.

NitroSpazzz posted:

This won't help you get it back but will help in the future, I use SMSbackup. Have it set to run every night at 1am if the phone is on the charger. It backs up SMS to your gmail account in a SMS folder. I actually really handy to be able to search through text messages and it saves the photos as a bonus.
Never heard of that, I'll check into that too.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Humphreys posted:

Any Dream Theater fans?

My Yellow vinyl edition came in:

(poo poo pic but gently caress it)

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US

(I'm particular to Scenes from a Memory)

E: also you said but gently caress

Queen Combat fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 27, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cohen has like, an encyclopedia sized book of receipts.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Any time I buy a used car, I make sure it comes with plenty of records which usually comprise of stacks of receipts. The best used car I ever bought like that was a Saab 9-5 Wagon, I miss that car.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Humphreys posted:

Any Dream Theater fans?

My Yellow vinyl edition came in:

(poo poo pic but gently caress it)

That's a cool thing. You should post it in the vinyl thread.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Cohen just finished his opening statement and the questioning has begun. There are a lot of places to watch the livestream.

"Let me get this straight. Donald Trump wrote you a check from his personal account, while he was serving as the President of the United States, to reimburse you for hush money payments. Is that what you're telling [us]?"

"Yes, sir."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah its pretty wild

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jim Jordan, gulag 1000 years, next.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
all the gop dudes look the same and are basically saying the same thing. giant meteor for president 2020

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

meatpimp posted:

:sigh: link, please. Now I have something else to buy.

Work ordered it for me, no link available. Probably out of Grainger.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

sneakyfrog posted:

giant meteor for president 2020

My favorite part was how he said Trump ran for pres only to build his "brand" and never expected to win.

Lol Howard Stern was right, what an idiot.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Queen Combat posted:

THERE ARE DOZENS OF US

(I'm particular to Scenes from a Memory)

E: also you said but gently caress

I feel like we're probably the only three Dream Theater fans on SA. General music goon consensus is they suck and I wholeheartedly believe otherwise in no small part due to how awesome this album is.

(I'm listening to it for like the twentieth time on the way to work right now)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Jim Jordan, gulag 1000 years, next.

Jody Hice, gulag 1000 years, next.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I wish there were pads for ribs because the last two times I ate poo poo, my right elbow got slammed right into my ribs and I'm currently trying not to laugh/cough/sneeze/breathe because it hurts like hell.

My head is ok tho :)

Hahaha, the last big dump of snow we got we were ripping dirt bikes and a three wheeler out in the field behind my friend's house, and he came up to park one of the dirt bikes when he was done and slid out at like a mile an hour and did the same thing, basically just tipped over, and his elbow was in just the right spot to fracture one of his ribs. That poo poo sucks, I've at minimum bruised my right side so many times to the point where it's just like "Welp, I've immediately accepted that the next three weeks are going to suck again."

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Gosar literally just used "liar liar pants on fire" in a congressional hearing. What the gently caress, 2019.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Was Hice the one who just tried to trip the dude who's been doing commercial real estate for decades up by poorly describing a HELOC?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i had it up on one screen and was working on the other and that poo poo brought me to a screeching what dafuq stop

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Virginia Foxx, 1000 years gulag as well, next.

Trying to gag the witness under oath and demanding he surrender his legal rights to 'convince' her of his sincerity.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

Virginia Foxx, 1000 years gulag as well, next.

Trying to gag the witness under oath and demanding he forgo political office.

A better response from Cohen would have been "it's worked pretty well for Trump, hasn't it?"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

At least he's finally calling them out on not a single one of their questions being about the matter he's there to testify about.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Telyra posted:

I feel like we're probably the only three Dream Theater fans on SA. General music goon consensus is they suck and I wholeheartedly believe otherwise in no small part due to how awesome this album is.

I'm not a super fan but Dream Theater rules. Although I haven't listened to much of their post-Portnoy output.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Telyra posted:

Aren't Dream Theater, like, one of the biggest influences on the modern prog scene? I'm gonna start listening to them out of sheer spite.

Is there any sort of recommended order? Or at least "listen to this one first cause the rest get batshit" or whatever?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

At least he's finally calling them out on not a single one of their questions being about the matter he's there to testify about.

Yeah that was good.

I forget which republican it was that asked Cohen about his boxes;

"WHERE ARE THE BOXES?! SHOULD YOU NOT HAVE TURNED THOSE OVER TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES?!"

Cohen: "these were the boxes returned to me after the raid at my office"

"BUT THE BOXES!"

The dude overlooking the whole thing then butts in because time's up and the guy's still rattling on about boxes despite having been told the boxes have already been poured over by the FBI.

It's nice to know that your house of representatives is as loaded with sycophantic dipshit morons as our very own houses of parliament.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
It seem Britain and the US basically exist in each cycle to make the other feel slightly less bad about their leaders

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

It seem Britain and the US basically exist in each cycle to make the other feel slightly less bad about their leaders

How do explain right now? All our leaders suck rear end.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

nm posted:

Today's been especially good because of this for you and in our own brexit funtimes; Spain is annoyed at our government because of Gibraltar and France is threatening to veto any extension to article 50 unless we've got any real actual progress. :v:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fender Anarchist posted:

Aren't Dream Theater, like, one of the biggest influences on the modern prog scene? I'm gonna start listening to them out of sheer spite.

Is there any sort of recommended order? Or at least "listen to this one first cause the rest get batshit" or whatever?

Start with Images and Words, their breakout album. If it's too 90s for you and you want something more metal, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is a good next step since it's a double album, the first disc of which is closer in overall feel to their 2000s output and the second of which is more like their more progressive stuff in the 90s. Scenes from a Memory is another incredible album that a lot of fans consider to be their magnum opus and is a good entry point as well. From there you can move onto basically anything.

Really the only ones I'd avoid as an entry point are Falling Into Infinity (executive meddling from the record label made the released version of the album kind of weak), Train of Thought (Mike Portnoy wrote a lot of the lyrics while incredibly angry at his stepdad and 9/11 at the same time), When Dream and Day Unite (debut album with a different singer and incredibly 80s), and The Astonishing (John Petrucci thought he could write a 2h10m long sci-fi prog rock opera).

That's not to say those aren't good albums, but they're not really representative of the band as a whole, whereas most of the others are, except maybe A Dramatic Turn of Events being specifically representative of a couple albums where Petrucci thought he was in a djent band but if I start talking about guitar tone now I'm not going to be able to stop :ohdear:

There used to be a decent flowchart for getting into Dream Theater. I'll see if I can find it and maybe update it for the last couple albums.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah that was good.

I forget which republican it was that asked Cohen about his boxes;

"WHERE ARE THE BOXES?! SHOULD YOU NOT HAVE TURNED THOSE OVER TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES?!"

Cohen: "these were the boxes returned to me after the raid at my office"

"BUT THE BOXES!"

The dude overlooking the whole thing then butts in because time's up and the guy's still rattling on about boxes despite having been told the boxes have already been poured over by the FBI.

It's nice to know that your house of representatives is as loaded with sycophantic dipshit morons as our very own houses of parliament.

This dude's still going on about boxes!! It's been half an hour and he just can't let go of these boxes!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I don't get why they're all so hung up on book deals and movie deals, like they wouldn't be doing the exact same thing in his shoes.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's loving whiplash between people lecturing Cohen about how he's a lovely person looking for fame, and people actually asking questions

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

IOwnCalculus posted:

Gosar literally just used "liar liar pants on fire" in a congressional hearing. What the gently caress, 2019.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=The%20Onioniest%20Timeline

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

nm posted:

Who exactly is holding who's beer right now? Anyway, I think you guys are winning but there's still time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
We're holding Britain's beer as long as Northern Ireland remains in EU limbo