Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Black August posted:

Did you see what happened to the President and how bad the BOW problem was? Being Secret Service is a death sentence!

And at some point they know Leon’s gonna have to drive you somewhere. It’s like being given a red shirt in the Star Trek universe, more or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Helena's backstory aside, I have to say one of my biggest issues with the series is that we're constantly being instructed to care about these new characters, and yet anyone who plays more than one of these games already knows that they're not coming back.

I would like Helena, Josh, Steve's body, Mia, Natalia, Moira, etc a lot more if I knew they had any chance of being in a future game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RE0/RE1 for Switch are going to be $60 in case you hate yourself and also have a contrived reason that you would play Resident Evil 0 on a submarine or while you're trapped in a cave with a wall outlet or something

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Was there a reason why in RE4 instead of calling it the Secret Service they call it A SECRET GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION CHARGED WITH PROTECTING THE UNITED STATES PRESIDENT AND HIS FAMILY? I forget do they actually call it the Secret Service in-game in RE6?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Helena's backstory aside, I have to say one of my biggest issues with the series is that we're constantly being instructed to care about these new characters, and yet anyone who plays more than one of these games already knows that they're not coming back.

I would like Helena, Josh, Steve's body, Mia, Natalia, Moira, etc a lot more if I knew they had any chance of being in a future game.

I have to agree with this. I'm not saying it has to be an even smaller world where everyone pops up in every game, but I don't think they ever really found a good balance between newcomers and recurring folks.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I was frankly shocked when ABSOLUTELY loving NO ONE died in Revelations. Like, talk about sidelined.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm trying to figure out how to merge the one-off characters across the series to reduce that problem. Merge Helena and Ingrid Hannigan, for instance. I'm still trying to just clean up RE0 and RE1.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Have an RE where every single one of them come back as multiflavor pack of Wesker virus’d loonies

The catch is that only Barry has to actually deal with them while everyone else is on vacation, and he presses Brad, who is only as competent as a normal human with the augmentation of the super virus, into forced co-op service and gun mule duty

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Just release a stand alone Mercenaries/Raide Mode game with every character to date in it with every weapon/map/scenario/etc. they can possibly think of. Like it can't be like Mercenaries 3DS it'd need to have a huge amount of content but it would own.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Neo Rasa posted:

Just release a stand alone Mercenaries/Raide Mode game to date every character in it with every weapon/map/scenario/etc. they can possibly think of. Like it can't be like Mercenaries 3DS it'd need to have a huge amount of content but it would own.

ftfy

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah I am 100% for that

It must include a Birthday Mode like for Jack but includes other villains too

Bring Wesker fabulous clothing as he broods and hams, bonus multiplier for every Chris body pillow brought

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

Just release a stand alone Mercenaries/Raide Mode game with every character to date in it with every weapon/map/scenario/etc. they can possibly think of. Like it can't be like Mercenaries 3DS it'd need to have a huge amount of content but it would own.

Put it on steam, make it free to play, and charge $60 to play as Barry. It will turn a profit I guarantee.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

They did add a lot of guests in Raid for Revelations 2. Chris, Leon, Jill, Wesker, Hunk, etc.

But because it was just old models from RE6 or Rev1 or whatever it felt kinda lifeless.

We want a story, damnit! Have Galactus summon everyone or something!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

A World War Bio finale game would be pretty cool to bring everyone together

I genuinely thought around 5 that the next games would build up to reveal that the plants and poo poo that makes all this bio poo poo possible came from space or some weird poo poo to explain their qualities and we'd get some borderline cosmic survival horror out of the deal

Wesker was already gunning full shoggoth with his uroborous poo poo

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Neo Rasa posted:

I have to agree with this. I'm not saying it has to be an even smaller world where everyone pops up in every game, but I don't think they ever really found a good balance between newcomers and recurring folks.

It does feel like they're aware of how deep their bench is, since they have brought a few different characters back from limbo now and again. Sherry had to wait 13 years to show up again in a game that wasn't just retelling RE2.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Helena hosed up her sister's abusive boyfriend and got sent away to the stupid mindless shameful job of... being part of the Secret Service? The kind of job where they interview your cousin's dog's husband to find out everything about you?

I got the impression that it was entirely because Simmons stuck her there. He wanted somebody who was hilariously easy to manipulate, and Helena threw her entire career away in order to protect her sister, so she qualified.

That being said, I keep consistently coming back to Piers dragging a drunken, surly, amnesiac Chris halfway across the world to an urban war zone and handing him full battle rattle, and I think that boggles my loving mind to such an extent that everything else in RE6 doesn't register as much as it should.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Also it’s weird we had The First Daughter as a character and then they went out of their way to give us a new president. Bring back Ashley!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
If you aint Raccoon City survivor, gtfo.

I dont mind them introducing new characters like Ethan in RE7 because putting average joes in the middle of a outbreak makes a pretty good horror game, apparently.

I equally liked Chris coming back to sanitize the whole place afterwards with a full auto shotgun.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kibayasu posted:

While I’m not discounting what we gained in super monster suplexes and DDTs from Jake it occurs to me that considering Sherry in RE6 is quasi-superhuman herself - at least in cutscenes - that part of the game could have been about Nu-Umbrella coming after her for that and Claire getting tossed into the mix somehow and them having sister action adventures.
They make a good team.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I don't know, Natalie is the last Wesker, she has to come back eventually.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
:toot: 1 more minute down!

This is the run if anyone wanna check it out
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387448198

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Happy the soundtrack is on Spotify now, it may not be the butt rock of the true ending from RE2, but 'Saudade' is a great track.

You know, when looming dread isn't on repeat.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

marshmallow creep posted:

The original REmake took the mansion and expanded basically everything. Would a REmake2 style remake of RE1 be streamlining RE1 or REmake?

I don't know if you could remake remake in the style of re2 without drastically changing it since a lot of the game is about dodging, not maiming and the hallways are tighter than the police station.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pesmerga posted:

Happy the soundtrack is on Spotify now, it may not be the butt rock of the true ending from RE2, but 'Saudade' is a great track.

Honestly I'm still kinda stuck on Last Judgement. I want a Mr. X dlc.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

Thisuck posted:

:toot: 1 more minute down!

This is the run if anyone wanna check it out
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/387448198

Dude grats! Also thanks for the link, I'm trying to watch and absorb as much as I can.

I think the short list of things I'm working on is (For Leon Runs) :
1. get the Mr. X punch dodging down to a science
2. eschew the shotgun until NEST
3. Having cleaner G fights (G1 is not getting hit by the command grab, G2 is timing the crane, G3 is actually knowing how much damage I need to do to kill it)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Pesmerga posted:

Sit around doing nothing during the credits of a 2nd Run and "Credit Line of Whole Staff" eventually blares out as the last track, at least if you have the original OST enabled. It's the little things :allears:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm now imagining Dynasty Warriors Resident Evil, and I think I'd be pretty well down for that.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Leavemywife posted:

I'm now imagining Dynasty Warriors Resident Evil, and I think I'd be pretty well down for that.

If only you knew...

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Leavemywife posted:

Imagining Sherry’s electro-prod moveset and nodding

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Chief Irons as Dong Zhuo type

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

YouSpoonyBard posted:

Dude grats! Also thanks for the link, I'm trying to watch and absorb as much as I can.

I think the short list of things I'm working on is (For Leon Runs) :
1. get the Mr. X punch dodging down to a science
2. eschew the shotgun until NEST
3. Having cleaner G fights (G1 is not getting hit by the command grab, G2 is timing the crane, G3 is actually knowing how much damage I need to do to kill it)

Thanks!

Yeah I'm also working on the punch dodge thing, I kind of have the distance, but my timing is still bad. I'm about 50% dodge rate right now.
Getting the shotgun until NEST is probably why I don't like playing Leon as much as Claire, also Claire has a much easier G3 fight, I feel like the primary strength of Leon's arsenal is his ability to no-sell zombies with the shotty, but then I also don't do many Leon runs so :v:
You're going to need a flashbang or a grenade for G1 to guarantee skipping the throw either on 120 or 60fps. I don't have good Leon G2 and G3 strats haha.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Black August posted:

Did you see what happened to the President and how bad the BOW problem was?

RE6 is a blur to me, but didn't Helena end up causing that or was at least a key figure in making it happen? All I remember about her is how she kept telling Leon she'd explain everything but only when they get to the next area, repeat ad nauseam.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Also it’s weird we had The First Daughter as a character and then they went out of their way to give us a new president. Bring back Ashley!

Ashley Graham survived being infected by one of them dangfangled viruses, knows how to drive giant tractors AND suplex zombies. She's the only one who has what it takes to lead us in this post-virus world. Vote Ashley Graham for 2020!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

amigolupus posted:

RE6 is a blur to me, but didn't Helena end up causing that or was at least a key figure in making it happen? All I remember about her is how she kept telling Leon she'd explain everything but only when they get to the next area, repeat ad nauseam.

Ashley Graham survived being infected by one of them dangfangled viruses, knows how to drive giant tractors AND suplex zombies. She's the only one who has what it takes to lead us in this post-virus world. Vote Ashley Graham for 2020!

Simmons used Helena's sister as leverage to make Helana open a gap in the president's security, allowing Simmons to zombify him and also most of a small college town. And I guess Leon just stood in the blue gas and tanked it until it went away?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I would legit not be surprised if Leon has a very high resistance to virus exposure by now, seeing as how he’s almost superhuman with T, G, C, and Plagas traces in his system

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's too pretty to become a zombie.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

When he dies he’s going to turn into a very pretty ultrazombie that’ll make Wesker look homely and weak

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Honestly of all the problems RE6 had its that Leon's campaign didn't start about 5 minutes earlier that bugs me the most because it feels like some really interesting poo poo happened there.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I feel like RE6 would have been better if the scenarios had been Leon and Claire, Chris and Jill, and Sherry and Son of Wesker.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I remembered that Arklay proof of concept and rewatched it. What could have been...

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

DeadButDelicious posted:

I remembered that Arklay proof of concept and rewatched it. What could have been...

What's that??

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

What's that??

It was a TV series set before the Raccoon City incident, it's on youtube.

Link: https://youtu.be/wM2XKHJb4Ho

Azubah fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 27, 2019

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Azubah posted:

It was a TV series set before the Raccoon City incident, it's on youtube.

Link: https://youtu.be/wM2XKHJb4Ho

Wow that was pretty neat, also Marvin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVHfyMQJc8

Mandatory mod