Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Brute Squad posted:

For those not following the interior design thread, the bathroom is done:

wholly poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

wesleywillis posted:

Its totally designed to make the :females: wet as gently caress.

In the shower.

What happened to the sunken bathtub? Didn't he specifically state that he was working with a contractor to keep the sunken bathtub, and that the contractor was all "yo, its not that bad cutting your floor joists" or something?

I'm more amazed that he's kept those hideous loving stone sinks.

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

Brute Squad posted:

I feel like John Wick is going to murder some henchmen in this bathroom.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

That's one of those paint colors where the paint-mix-master puts a drop on the label and raises an eyebrow at you as if to ask: "this is what it looks like, are you sure this is what you wanted? (we don't allow refunds)"

That, and it will require multiple coats of primer to cover when you have to return it to a normal, lighter color when you sell the place. Source: had a weird-wall-color-happy girlfriend that was an ex by the time the repaint needed to occur.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Brute Squad posted:

color scheme graciously provided by the Third Reich

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Two shower heads.

That's ambitious.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Azza Bamboo posted:

Two shower heads.

That's ambitious.

Check again, there are four shower heads.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GotLag posted:

wholly poo poo

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

peanut posted:

Sorry I'm having trouble believing that's not CGI and/or an expensive love hotel.

I think he went in and overdid the contrast/exposure, trying to make it look less like a neon-red torture dungeon (and failing spectacularly). It reminds me of trying to overcorrect colors that looked great to you when you took the pic, but the pic doesn't match up to your memory...so you overprocess the poo poo out of it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wesleywillis posted:

Its totally designed to make the :females: wet as gently caress.

In the shower.

What happened to the sunken bathtub? Didn't he specifically state that he was working with a contractor to keep the sunken bathtub, and that the contractor was all "yo, its not that bad cutting your floor joists" or something?

I think the rock bed is the part that's sunken.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm the impossible to clean rough stone wall in the shower and impossible to clean bed of pebbles.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I'm the bathroom chandelier next to vigo the carpathian

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

I'm the bathroom chandelier next to vigo the carpathian

Chandeliers in bathrooms are a thing, but they're usually over the bathtub or centered in the room. Also they're usually bigger, because if you're going to be so excessive as to put a chandelier in a bathroom to begin with, you don't undersell it with a little rinky-dink one.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Baronjutter posted:

I'm the impossible to clean rough stone wall in the shower and impossible to clean bed of pebbles.

It's not the first time I've seen that sort of wall in a shower, everytime I see it I really hope that the local water is soft.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Brute Squad posted:

Bathrooms by ASUS ROG

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Oh god. Everyone, repeat after me: do not wallpaper bathrooms. The steam will make it peel and look like poo poo in a few years.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

kid sinister posted:

Oh god. Everyone, repeat after me: do not wallpaper bathrooms. The steam will make it peel and look like poo poo in a few years.

What if it looked like poo poo beforehand

checkmate females

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

kid sinister posted:

A previous tenant in an old apartment of mine put some rubberized/textured wall paper in the bathroom that held up for at least the 5 years I lived there. I wasn't even aware that it wasn't standard until I saw someone else's apartment.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I loved my 70s house that had those square tile mirrors on every surface

every time I poo poo I got to watch myself poo poo into the multiverse

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

A previous tenant in an old apartment of mine put some rubberized/textured wall paper in the bathroom that held up for at least the 5 years I lived there. I wasn't even aware that it wasn't standard until I saw someone else's apartment.

That was the previous tenant's cum, op. I hope you didn't touch or lick it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That bathroom likes the visual representation of the smell of Axe body spray.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
all that work on the ferengi fuckpalace and man, still cant get past the portrait and hope one of those showerheads is a lube dispenser because water chafes like hell

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

value-brand cereal posted:

Crappy Construction Tales: I hope you didn't touch or lick it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kid sinister posted:

The place I bought has wallpaper in the master bathroom

I really need to get around to ripping it out because it is starting to peel, but I'm hoping to hold off on it until I just redo the whole room

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I have been showing this bathroom to everyone in my office and they have universally reacted with :stonklol:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

kid sinister posted:

That just makes it easy to remove.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ebola Dog posted:

It's not the first time I've seen that sort of wall in a shower, everytime I see it I really hope that the local water is soft.

This guy lives not too far from me and I can tell you it's some of the hardest water in the area. It's real bad.

Also, this bathroom is way way out of place in his mid 2000s suburban tract home

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Brute Squad posted:

You know how some kind of guys when they have a Mid-Life crisis think that a sports car is a way to attract women but it only attracts guys who are into cars?

This bathroom is that.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

kid sinister posted:

Our whole house has wallpaper :japan: but we were advised to pick specific models that were thicker and water-resistant. So far, so good. Our old house was the same and still looked great after 10 years.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

kid sinister posted:

There are many 40+ year old bathrooms with garish original wallpaper still perfectly intact. Old wallpaper glue was apparently strong as hell (probably made with asbestos and uranium).

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Youth Decay posted:

There are many 40+ year old bathrooms with garish original wallpaper still perfectly intact. Old wallpaper glue was apparently strong as hell (probably made with asbestos and uranium).

Having had to scrape old wallpaper off a wall, can confirm. That poo poo is there forever.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
I cannot imagine the set of circumstances that led to this occurrence.

How is it even possible to gently caress up building a water park that it catches fire???

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kid sinister posted:

How is it even possible to gently caress up building a water park that it catches fire???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_BKKnHgas

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Oh poo poo

I'm going to guess: water boilers, aluminum siding, big bucket o chemicals and maybe deliberate arson.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Bulk oxidisers make everything more interesting.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

there wolf posted:

Chandeliers in bathrooms are a thing, but they're usually over the bathtub or centered in the room. Also they're usually bigger, because if you're going to be so excessive as to put a chandelier in a bathroom to begin with, you don't undersell it with a little rinky-dink one.

Personally, I'm digging the ultra-sleek, glossy, modern AF cupboards/vanities/etc paired with the softer lines of the vaguely Victorian-inspired wallpaper and tiny chandelier, as well as the pointy shower rocks paired with smooth subway station tile stripes. It's like he picked everything based entirely on color, nevermind the style. Or maybe he just wanted everything to be in ultra high contrast, and not just in the color scheme he picked. It's like one of those ancient high contrast Windows themes for the visually impaired.

poo poo, I actually like red/black/gray color schemes and this offends me. It's like every wall is trying to be the accent wall.

I could hear this in my head as soon as I saw that picture.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

kid sinister posted:

Gasland was real.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bees on Wheat posted:

Personally, I'm digging the ultra-sleek, glossy, modern AF cupboards/vanities/etc paired with the softer lines of the vaguely Victorian-inspired wallpaper and tiny chandelier, as well as the pointy shower rocks paired with smooth subway station tile stripes. It's like he picked everything based entirely on color, nevermind the style. Or maybe he just wanted everything to be in ultra high contrast, and not just in the color scheme he picked. It's like one of those ancient high contrast Windows themes for the visually impaired.

poo poo, I actually like red/black/gray color schemes and this offends me. It's like every wall is trying to be the accent wall.

I could hear this in my head as soon as I saw that picture.

It seems like it's ultra-high contrast, but it really isn't. To begin with everything is shiny except the rock wall in the shower, and the pops of red and white aren't enough to sufficiently contrast all that dark gray. The result is the tile, the counters, and the walls are all at the same level of interest and fighting for attention. Nothing recedes, nothing is neutral, there is no place to rest your eye in between the statement pieces like the tub. Even the baseboards are just more shiny grey to overwhelm and drown out the contrasting red.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Is that wallpaper upside-down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Queen Combat posted:

Is that wallpaper upside-down?

intentionally so. yes.