Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Yup, Britain is ahead on "directly ruining people's lives" at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't get why they're all so hung up on book deals and movie deals, like they wouldn't be doing the exact same thing in his shoes.

All they can do is attack his credibility, because they're incapable of disputing the facts.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

All they can do is attack his credibility, because they're incapable of disputing the facts.

Pretty much that. I listened to the opening 5 minutes this morning on NPR as I was pulling up to work and what I gathered from the opener was this is about paying a hooker, sorry adult film star, and a phone call with Assange. NPR kept describing today's events as "bombshell." So, if he would have recorded it and made money on it, then it's totally legit and people aren't supposed to be talking with Assange... Got it, keep on keepin' on congress, good jorb. Also, bombshell should be a code word these days for completely non-newsworthy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Grakkus posted:

Yup, Britain is ahead on "directly ruining people's lives" at the moment

You sure about that? In sheer numbers the US manages to torture millions in absentia with their health service. They also have more efficient civilian incarceration services, no matter how hard the Tories try.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Safety gear? I've got a mesh cutoff shirt on, mom, also my tight knee-length hawaiian shorts, checkerboard Vans with no socks, and some "Nike" wristbands. I'll be fine

<does a backflip over a homemade dirt bike jump on a 1989 Haro GT>

update: it was an '85 but I had blue grips and a green seat

Tuff wheels were the best. I treated mine bad. One cracked after like 6 years. Me at age 15:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Liquid Communism posted:

He is Angry on the Internet, and now on the defensive because someone called him out. That comment section is now his hill to die on.

That was my impression. Just no going to get a good reaction when you start dispensing your wisdom with "hey, idiots."
I just didn't have the energy to whip out my e-penis yesterday, and ultimately decide to not feed the troll. As I commented, he wouldn't learn or acknowledge that he was wrong regardless.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Welp comment is gone now.

Damnit I was just warming up

What? Oh, what a pussy. He did that himself - I didn't delete the comment. He did wander over and slap some stupidity on another of my videos, though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubj_BTvGXVI

Adiabatic posted:

STR posted:

Because my bloodwork hasn't looked this good since I was diagnosed as adiabatic.
lmao I caught that

I didn't even know that you were a condition, much less contagious.

Telyra posted:

I feel like we're probably the only three Dream Theater fans on SA. General music goon consensus is they suck and I wholeheartedly believe otherwise in no small part due to how awesome this album is.

(I'm listening to it for like the twentieth time on the way to work right now)

I like Dream Theater when I'm in the mood for Prog Rock, but not a rabid fan. Neat vinyl, though. I do have a Pandora channel with them as a source.

cakesmith handyman posted:

You sure about that? In sheer numbers the US manages to torture millions in absentia with their health service. They also have more efficient civilian incarceration services, no matter how hard the Tories try.

Fair point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm hearing that the person that was stalking me about 2 years ago got arrested for stalking someone else a while back. I filed a police report so my incident is on record, I wonder if I should call the detective.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

cakesmith handyman posted:

I meant more as a direct result of the respective votes - the Irish border and the economy changes are going to hurt a LOT of people, physically in the case of Ireland. The US was hurting people with their health service, civilian incarceration etc. long before 2016...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

I'm hearing that the person that was stalking me about 2 years ago got arrested for stalking someone else a while back. I filed a police report so my incident is on record, I wonder if I should call the detective.

If it's on record, I think they'd contact you if they needed anything. Why would you want to be part of that again? Cut yourself out of the weird drama.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Suburban Dad posted:

Cut yourself out of the weird drama.
Its Rhyno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Suburban Dad posted:

If it's on record, I think they'd contact you if they needed anything. Why would you want to be part of that again? Cut yourself out of the weird drama.

Because they avoided the consequences of their actions via some bullshit and I would like to see justice served. If I could extend their stay in jail it would make me smile.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If they are actually facing prosecution, you can be fairly certain that their priors in the system will be reviewed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

If they are actually facing prosecution, you can be fairly certain that their priors in the system will be reviewed.

Nothing came of my report and there was some fuckery involving their legal name which is how they seemed to avoid being charged. Sounds like that trick stopped working.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Apparently Lidl's £13.49 whisky won an award as "world's best scotch". Have bought a bottle to investigate...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Nothing came of my report and there was some fuckery involving their legal name which is how they seemed to avoid being charged. Sounds like that trick stopped working.

In that case, I guess an email can't hurt. Especially if it was in a different state.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Leperflesh posted:

In that case, I guess an email can't hurt. Especially if it was in a different state.

Oh it was here in town. When I tried to file a protective order (concerned for my wife as they had followed me home) I was told the name I gave them was not their actual, legal name so no order was issued. But for once my prior boss didn't let me down and barred the stalker from the store and went to the mall office and had them banned from the entire property. So I'd kind of forgotten about it until a customer messaged me with a pic asking "isn't this your stalker?" I have no idea what kind of jail time you get for stalking someone but it would be nice if they got punished for what they put me through as well.

Edit: The comic shop subjected me to some insane poo poo, being stalked is like a 5 on the weird poo poo o meter.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

InitialDave posted:

Apparently Lidl's £13.49 whisky won an award as "world's best scotch". Have bought a bottle to investigate...

Please share the results of your investigation
Sadly we don't have a Lidl locally. There was one a few years back but it went bust somehow

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Edit: The comic shop subjected me to some insane poo poo, being stalked is like a 5 on the weird poo poo o meter.

I'd expect store clerk stalking would be an industry norm for working in a comic book shop given the typical comic book obsessed shopper.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

I'd expect store clerk stalking would be an industry norm for working in a comic book shop given the typical comic book obsessed shopper.

I don't get it. We are, as a breed not the most attractive of folks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

freelop posted:

Please share the results of your investigation
Sadly we don't have a Lidl locally. There was one a few years back but it went bust somehow
Just tried some over ice. Not bad, taste is mild with a little sweetness to it, pretty smooth texture. I'd say it's perfectly inoffensive, something you can give to anyone who likes Scotch and it'll go down reasonably well with them. However, my preference remains for something with either a good bit of smoke to it (JW Double Black is my usual "best value" option thanks to Costco's brilliant pricing on it), or something American like Blanton's.

It's certainly great value at the price, I'd happily say gently caress it, grab a bottle and give it a crack. I'm not sure I'd slap any award ribbons on it, but it feels like a situation where it's good because everyone will go "actually, that's not bad".

Rhyno posted:

I don't get it. We are, as a breed not the most attractive of folks.
Yeah, but relative to your customers...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, good point.

But to be fair, I met my very beautiful wife at the store.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
considering theres like 4-5 threads today stalking a guy and his bathroom stalking a comic book clerk is relatively pedestrian

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

sneakyfrog posted:

considering theres like 4-5 threads today stalking a guy and his bathroom stalking a comic book clerk is relatively pedestrian

Oh, we don't give a poo poo about the guy, but that bathroom... :allears:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Darchangel posted:

Oh, we don't give a poo poo about the guy, but that bathroom... :allears:

i know right? between that and the cohen hearing man today has been wild.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Que? What's this about a bathroom stalker?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bajaha posted:

Que? What's this about a bathroom stalker?

He's not in his bathroom right now but I'll keep everyone posted. I'm only on duty til the top of the hour when another goon takes over

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

How do explain right now? All our leaders suck rear end.

No, but we can laugh at england and england can laugh at us.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the guy who got summarily mocked in his DIY thread for sawing up his structural floor joists to sink his bathtub has finally completed his masterpiece. it is. something.

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

Man, I am reading Cohen's testimony and this poo poo is BONKERS.

You want something to boil your blood? How about George Pell, the third highest member of the Catholic Church who has been convicted of child sexual assault, his lawyer trying to make the incidents sound "not that bad" as they were only vanilla acts of child sexual assault:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1100737329428393986

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

sneakyfrog posted:

the guy who got summarily mocked in his DIY thread for sawing up his structural floor joists to sink his bathtub has finally completed his masterpiece. it is. something.

I've sent it to the Missus and her coworkers who redo multimillion dollar houses. I'm excited for professional feedback

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
So who knows diesel trucks? I have Ford transmission questions.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Oh please forward any comments to us.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

You Am I posted:

You want something to boil your blood? How about George Pell, the third highest member of the Catholic Church who has been convicted of child sexual assault, his lawyer trying to make the incidents sound "not that bad" as they were only vanilla acts of child sexual assault:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1100737329428393986

Yes, he raped children, but...

:cripes:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Door Frame posted:

I've sent it to the Missus and her coworkers who redo multimillion dollar houses. I'm excited for professional feedback
I'll take "I've seen worse from contractors" for :10bux:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

sneakyfrog posted:

Oh bless you. That takes a lot of courage to post it on the internet again.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Oh bless you. That takes a lot of courage to post it on the internet again.

Absolutely. And now I've got 10 full pages of new mockery to read. That bathroom is truly horrendous.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

the spyder posted:

So who knows diesel trucks? I have Ford transmission questions.

Which one? More of a allison/aisin guy myself but I know a little about the ford automatics. The ones behind the 7.3 were pretty bad for starters.

cursedshitbox probably knows the most.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's a 00 7.3 - 4r100. It has a rebuilt trans that lost 2nd gear after only a week. Owner gave up and sold it cheap. Wondering what's the best path forward and if there are other trans I should look at swapping in. The 97-00 F250's are known for this issue with the 4r100. I'm not looking to make massive power, I just want a trans that will last 10 years of light duty towing.

the spyder fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 28, 2019

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

Thank. You.

Also, I was the one that PM'ed kid sinister to get him involved because I knew he posted in DIY a lot and could hopefully convince the guy that this was a real bad idea.

I did NOT realize he would lose all impulse control and go full creepster, threatening to call the guy's local permitting office, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Clearly you've done the right thing and tasted it and decided for yourself, but for your future reference this is pure marketing BS.

The whisky will have certainly won an award, most likely paid for in some way. It will not have been judged "best in the world" but more likely won a gold medal (alongside 50 other whiskies also deemed worthy of "gold". Whatever that means) Best case scenario it will have won "best in category", possibly in an astonishingly narrow category. Lidl's marketing team will have then twisted the concept to relate to consumers that their whisky has won "best scotch in the world*" hoping that you'll go drop your hard earned £13.49 on a bottle to see what all the fuss is about.

Awards for whiskies and other alcoholic products are handed out like candy at Halloween, usually to those that pay for them. It's a lovely part of the industry and I hate it.