Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Zdeno Chara is also a vegan and he's about as big as they come. You can get your protein, it's just more work. Even if we completely ignore the treatment of animals, meat just takes a lot of resources to produce and it's good for the planet if you consume less than your current quota.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for goons to grasp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah so those are people whose job is to be healthy and so they can afford a personal trainer and fitness supplements and private vegetarian cooks etc etc.

The entire point is that it’s a privileged position to be able to choose to not eat whatever is available.

Also Bill Pearl had been a professional body builder for 16 years before he became a vegetarian.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah so those are people whose job is to be healthy and so they can afford a personal trainer and fitness supplements and private vegetarian cooks etc etc.

The entire point is that it’s a privileged position to be able to choose to not eat whatever is available.

Also Bill Pearl had been a professional body builder for 16 years before he became a vegetarian.

So the super resource intense thing is the food of the poor and the much cheaper and more cost effecient thing is only for the super rich? Gotcha.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

JoelJoel posted:

So the super resource intense thing is the food of the poor and the much cheaper and more cost effecient thing is only for the super rich? Gotcha.

Yeah. Hunting is really cheap (after the initial cost of a decent gun).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
So, who here is circumcised? :v:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

JoelJoel posted:

Zdeno Chara is also a vegan and he's about as big as they come. You can get your protein, it's just more work. Even if we completely ignore the treatment of animals, meat just takes a lot of resources to produce and it's good for the planet if you consume less than your current quota.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for goons to grasp.

IIRC isn’t there a nutrient (I wanna say Vitamin B12) that you can only get through animal products/byproducts or from supplements?

Because if you live in a place where you don’t have the supplements then that kind of backs up the idea of veganism as being a fairy privileged option compared to regular vegetarianism

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Joel and Rod are in line for some kitty time if they don’t post some cursed and end this 4 page vegan derail.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

christmas boots posted:

IIRC isn’t there a nutrient (I wanna say Vitamin B12) that you can only get through animal products/byproducts or from supplements?

Because if you live in a place where you don’t have the supplements then that kind of backs up the idea of veganism as being a fairy privileged option compared to regular vegetarianism

Yes, B-12 and things like omega-3s. They can be synthetically synthesized and.or extracted from algae, but you'd have to eat a whole lot of pond scum to get that without taking a supplement. There are also places like the north where it is literally impossible to be a vegan without importing all your food.

And 57% of land used for pasturage is not directly convertible into agricultural land, so it's not a simple substitution. Also, chicken and pork have a much lower carbon profile than beef, and there are entire communities that survive primarily on bush meat all over the world, whose food options are limited to what is available in their local environment. Eat whatever you want, but your consumer choices mean literally nothing (consumer choice has never been an effective mechanism for economic change outside of luxury industries like fur).

Environmental salvation isn't going to come from you personally deciding not to eat meat, but reduce meat consumption anyway because it's better for your health and your microbiome. But don't eat blackened watermelon, that's gross.

Speaking of eating animals

*SEGWAY*

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wow I'd be pretty pissed he called the cops over that too. Sounds like both brothers have diminished mental capacity imo

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

Joel and Rod are in line for some kitty time if they don’t post some cursed and end this 4 page vegan derail.

I don't understand why we can't be both on topic and on the vegan derail at the same time

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Burt Sexual posted:

Eh, I tried to get out and offer a pic but it was a bad day at work. I'll take the break anyway, it's good for me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Do.....do 8 year olds eat live guinea pigs? My nephew just turned 8, does that mean I'm gonna have to start cooking these things for him? Kid doesn't eat anything besides spaghetti and chicken tenders.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Do.....do 8 year olds eat live guinea pigs? My nephew just turned 8, does that mean I'm gonna have to start cooking these things for him? Kid doesn't eat anything besides spaghetti and chicken tenders.

A bunch of people bbq them so cutting out the prep hassle makes sense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wanna travel to South America so bad and trying cuy is definitely gonna be on the list of things to do.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jobson groeth posted:

Someone else bought some deeee-licious ratsies from Creeden on the fine streets of Sigil.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

jobson groeth posted:

Gibnut is better imho

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JoelJoel posted:

Eh, I tried to get out and offer a pic but it was a bad day at work. I'll take the break anyway, it's good for me.

Appeasement pics accept. Open a thread for real if you want to talk about vegans, or comics, or what the gently caress ever. It’s cool to keep this thread, like the osha, chat a bit for a page or two and move on. Nbd

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

jobson groeth posted:

Bill Pearl - vegetarian

yeah but

tiny cock

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Chrpno posted:

yeah but

tiny cock

Don't sign your posts

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Chrpno posted:

yeah but

tiny cock

Anybody's cock is tiny when the rest of you is that huge

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

vegans vegans vegans politics circumcision politics cyclists anti-vax

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Soo, where does corned beef stand in this vegan sustainability curse.txt conversation?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

jobson groeth posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he saw something on TV about this and that's what triggered it.

EDIT: Here's an update to that post

quote:

EDIT/UPDATE: My brother was released Friday afternoon into my parents custody, and they have already removed all traces of a pet and have temporarily removed his door. He will probably get the door back but not the lock. The eval we were given was really big and complicated but basically stated that it was probably a seizure that triggered a violent episode. If he exhibits any more violent or potentially violent behavior they requested we call 911 right away. We have a social worker assigned to us and they will be visiting my parents and brother on monday morning. Nothing else new to report, except for my reoccurring nightmares. I am also in the process of seeing a therapist and have an appointment scheduled for this wednesday afternoon for someone that specializes in family related trauma.

Thanks again to everyone and I appreciate your help!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

my bad, quoted something from way the gently caress back

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

bEatmstrJ posted:

I can't tell if these the photos have been HDR post-processed to be eye-searingly bad, or if the room is so awful it fucks with your vision.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
calling 911 on a severely disabled adult is a good way to get everyone in the general vicinity killed.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Loden Taylor posted:

I can't tell if these the photos have been HDR post-processed to be eye-searingly bad, or if the room is so awful it fucks with your vision.

I keep crossing and uncrossing my eyes to try and find the sailboat.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/YJcbEcFAy74

saem

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Loden Taylor posted:

Yes.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

bEatmstrJ posted:

Bring me the red pages. Don't listen to my brother, he's a liar. Leave the blue pages alone.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
wtf that bathroom is rad

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Jedrick posted:

wtf that bathroom is rad

For a clown to poo poo in. At the circus. Idiot

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Heath posted:

For a clown to poo poo in. At the circus. Idiot

Don't sign your posts.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jedrick posted:

wtf that bathroom is rad

wanna poop n t (in there)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I bet the rock wall in the shower smells nice.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
its a frankenstein monster of every Home and Garden issue that featured a bathroom

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

naem posted:

wanna poop n t (in there)

They didn’t even show the toilet. I bet it’s pink and vintage. :allears:

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Gold toilet obvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedrick posted:

Gold toilet obvs

Nah it’s like a old lady widebowl 1950s pink toilet. I’m callin it.