Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

xp share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

lezard_valeth posted:

Are there any popular wolves/dogs in English folklore? Cause the only wolves I could think of that come in a pair are Hati and Skoll and those would have fit better in Pokemon Sun and Moon

Hound of the Baskervilles?

Also dire wolves, maybe?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
english and gaelic folklore have a smattering of "black dogs" that the hound of the baskervilles was probably (definitely) based on but they're not exactly famous, except for maybe the Church Grim

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I heard a rumor that there might be armor items that reduce or outright negate certain Pokemons' elemental weaknesses.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if you count as far back as when england was roman territory it could be a legendary pair of wolves based off of romulus and remus

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I heard a rumor that there might be armor items that reduce or outright negate certain Pokemons' elemental weaknesses.

99% of the time "rumor" means "some random guy on reddit/4chan/gamefaqs said this".

Catalina
May 20, 2008

RatHat posted:

99% of the time "rumor" means "some random guy on reddit/4chan/gamefaqs said this".

How dare you, my uncle who works at Nintendo is an adamant user of Reddit, 4chan, and Gamefaqs, and he knows what he's talking about.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I thought of it as Romulus and Remus too. Legendary Wolf Bros.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So "Sw" and "Sh" are the abbreviations that people have decided upon.

"SwSh" reminds me of "Swish".

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So a friend told me there's a Japanese folklore story about rabbits, monkeys, and frogs called Chōjū-jinbutsu-giga.

Sobble being a chameleon slightly falters this, but otherwise it fits the bill for the starters, pretty neat.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I hope there's a morris dancer Pokemon

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I want a beaglemon to be my friend.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

So a friend told me there's a Japanese folklore story about rabbits, monkeys, and frogs called Chōjū-jinbutsu-giga.

Sobble being a chameleon slightly falters this, but otherwise it fits the bill for the starters, pretty neat.

I mean, you can just google this, but they're a set of famous paintings, not anything from folklore. It's more like Dogs Playing Poker.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Zuzie posted:

So "Sw" and "Sh" are the abbreviations that people have decided upon.

"SwSh" reminds me of "Swish".

Pokemon SwiSh. Succinct, distinct, and fun to say; I like it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

monpoke

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
When are they going to bring back the minigames from the stadium games?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clarste posted:

I mean, you can just google this, but they're a set of famous paintings, not anything from folklore. It's more like Dogs Playing Poker.

Oh man, a dark type dog playing poker Pokemon would rule.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This regions villian better be Football Hooligans. Either that or some incredibly snooty aristocratic types.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pops Mgee posted:

When are they going to bring back the minigames from the stadium games?

Well, there was Pokethlon in HGSS kinda

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
also this waiting gonna suck

more games should do what SSBU did and just have a 40 minute direct where you flat out reveal the whole game and just reveal small new details every 2 months or so- it builds just as much hype if not more

I wanna know what new pokes we getting :mad:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

every leak from now until release is real

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel lovely that i'm not hyped.

I didn't want this to be BotW or anything like that. But. Just a little closer to Dragon Quest or Xenoblade in terms of overworld, and like a camera you can control, keep some stuff from Let's Go like the pokemon hanging in the overworld or following you.

New region and new 'mons will probably be enough for me to play once at least. Though i'm gonna be eyeing SMTV harder whenever ATLUS decides to show something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

This regions villian better be Football Hooligans. Either that or some incredibly snooty aristocratic types.

Football Hooligans = Team Skull (yay!)

Snooty Aristocrats = Team Flare (yawn)

Clearly, Football Hooligans are the superior choice.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Long time no see, Pokeman thread.

My uncle who works at Game Freak told me this is how Sobble came to be:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

also this waiting gonna suck

more games should do what SSBU did and just have a 40 minute direct where you flat out reveal the whole game and just reveal small new details every 2 months or so- it builds just as much hype if not more

I wanna know what new pokes we getting :mad:

Too much hype is actually a bad thing.

Plus, the sense of discovery from seeing a Pokemon you never knew about is fun and good, and they tried to foster that with SM. (And maybe XY? I don't recall.)

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Man, Misty is such a bitch to poor little Caterpie. This a good show though!

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can't wait to combine all three starters into MonPoke, the ultra legendary

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have yet to play ultra sun and moon, but I beat sun and moon and it felt kinda lackluster for some reason.

That said, lately I've had the itch to play again. As my brain is broken, I have selected in 2019 to replay Pokemon Pearl. May god have mercy on my soul.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

Oh man you have so many good episodes ahead of you.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh man you have so many good episodes ahead of you.

Caterpie evolved into Metapod through the power of victory and friendship!

Edit: wow! Bug types have a hardon for Misty! Weedil or whatever his name is was just dry humping her leg!

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 28, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Are any of the anime seasons better than x/y? I've only watched those and the first season

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

Am I correct in assuming you're new to pokemon my friend?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chaosapiant posted:

Just so you know, the 38th episode in Japan caused the show to go on hiatus due to a seizure incident. It was pulled from rotation and never made it west, but by the time the show came back on the air, they were translating it for the west and started making more filler episodes. Ash has 6 badges by episode 32 but then takes another 27 to get his 7th.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Are any of the anime seasons better than x/y? I've only watched those and the first season

SM is the best the anime's ever been.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Flopsy posted:

Am I correct in assuming you're new to pokemon my friend?

When the first season came on TV, I was a senior in high school and clearly “too old” to watch a kids cartoon. Sigh, I regret that. This show is fun! I only just got into Pokémon with Gen 6.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

When the first season came on TV, I was a senior in high school and clearly “too old” to watch a kids cartoon. Sigh, I regret that. This show is fun! I only just got into Pokémon with Gen 6.

Nice! Y'all want a bunch of free shinies/legendaries? Because I'm seriously trying to unload a bunch of these guys.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Flopsy posted:

Nice! Y'all want a bunch of free shinies/legendaries? Because I'm seriously trying to unload a bunch of these guys.

I'd love anything!

Granted I hardly have anything worth trading and I've only bred two poopy mons back in Y.

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 28, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

I'd love anything!

Granted I hardly have anything worth trading and I've only bred two poopy mons back in Y.

Oh no that's perfectly fine! I put a list of mons with my contact information on page 2. Take your pick! :3

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Just a little closer to Dragon Quest or Xenoblade in terms of overworld

you mean exactly the same as every other jrpg except it takes five times as long to loving get anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Bleck posted:

you mean exactly the same as every other jrpg except it takes five times as long to loving get anywhere

Yeah, exploring is fun