Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Tired Moritz posted:

So did everyone move yet? Ill give it 8-9 hrs before I vote.

RIP town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

I think I've made my case on Toal at this point. If they want to lay anything else at my feet they are free to do so but this is just going to be a back and forth where we snipe at each other for the rest of the day.

b-, I'm disappointed in you.

vig max imo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Vote Toal, imo.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hey Toal, how many scum are left?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Hey Toal, how many scum are left?

check discord max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

check discord max

Lol good one.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm surprised you didn't just scum claim and try to pretend like you were pissed at me and take me down with you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bump, who around?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
:ghost:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Me. Someone should hammer Toal, there's nothing left to say.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Somberbrero posted:

Me. Someone should hammer Toal, there's nothing left to say.

I agree.

##vote Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:cop:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Ok I'm a x-shot hider. I don't feel like saying how many charges I have left because it will only help scum decide if they want to use their NK on me. I hid N3. Here is my breadcrumb:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I voted DB because I did not think the second rolling start called in this game would actually happen, but I still thought it was funny to vote someone probated.

KRex voted DB because they “hate day 1” which is usually a scummy thing to say I feel.

My biggest scum reads today are:

Binus for hopping from vote to vote without any real justification besides a “well the cases seem good” and that only after being called out on it.

KRex because their only content today has been a few jokeposts, a vote on DB, and now relentlessly pushing the case on me. It reads like scum trying to get in on a push early, not to mention accusing me of changing my argument so that when I flip town they can play it off as “well maybe if he had not been so evasive we would have known he wasn’t scum”.

One of the lurkers is probably scum. My pick would be either ASF or bowmore. My past experience with bowmore is that they never post anyway, and ASF tends to lurk even more than usual when scum.

Beyond that I have slight scum reads on Toalpaz for all the grasping at straws they’ve done today and Infinitum for what feels like a huge change in posting frequency. Scared scum? Maybe.

Right now I’m gonna ##vote binus as my best pick. I am fully prepared for the OMGUS accusation, but with how dodgy they’ve been about their alignment combined with the bad voting well after jokephase has ended I feel pretty certain about this.

I worry about binus trying to float this push on me. He's usually better than this, but I guess he's never survived this long as scum before and is playing it by ear now that he's losing his mastermind (Toalpaz).

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

we're losing tomorrow unless we hit scum, someone vig max.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok I'm a x-shot hider. I don't feel like saying how many charges I have left because it will only help scum decide if they want to use their NK on me. I hid N3. Here is my breadcrumb:

Your claim was so much more reasonable before you pretended that was a breadcrumb.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

KhediveRex posted:

Your claim was so much more reasonable before you pretended that was a breadcrumb.

ok cop with zero results :rolleyes:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok cop with zero results :rolleyes:

let me assist you with that there :jerkbag:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if any one has a vig the should vig me and then I flip town and then you kill max and the mostly everyone's happy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

let me assist you with that there :jerkbag:

who are your teammates? we'll ferret them out soon enough

is it binus and rex? are you and max pulling an insane gambit?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

who are your teammates? we'll ferret them out soon enough

is it binus and rex? are you and max pulling an insane gambit?

:ironicat:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

i need someone to play good cop cause im about to commit some police brutality

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
No joke I have been thinking that scum have a hider the last few days. That claim doesn’t surprise me at all

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

No joke I have been thinking that scum have a hider the last few days. That claim doesn’t surprise me at all

classic distancing, textbook scum play

bus your other teammate next

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

classic distancing, textbook scum play

bus your other teammate next

Nice try. Town or scum, I rarely do things by the book.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

yeah we all know reading isn't your forte

BOOM HEADSHOT

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BMoney what do you find scummy, and why do you think toal is town?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I voted DB because I did not think the second rolling start called in this game would actually happen, but I still thought it was funny to vote someone probated.

KRex voted DB because they “hate day 1” which is usually a scummy thing to say I feel.

Binus for hopping from vote to vote without any real justification besides a “well the cases seem good” and that only after being called out on it.

KRex because their only content today has been a few jokeposts, a vote on DB, and now relentlessly pushing the case on me. It reads like scum trying to get in on a push early, not to mention accusing me of changing my argument so that when I flip town they can play it off as “well maybe if he had not been so evasive we would have known he wasn’t scum”.

One of the lurkers is probably scum. My pick would be either ASF or bowmore. My past experience with bowmore is that they never post anyway, and ASF tends to lurk even more than usual when scum.

Beyond that I have slight scum reads on Toalpaz for all the grasping at straws they’ve done today and Infinitum for what feels like a huge change in posting frequency. Scared scum? Maybe.

Right now I’m gonna ##vote binus as my best pick. I am fully prepared for the OMGUS accusation, but with how dodgy they’ve been about their alignment combined with the bad voting well after jokephase has ended I feel pretty certain about this.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hi I lo voted DB because I did not think the second rolling start called in this game would actually happen, but I still thought it was funny to vote someone probated.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mr. Humalong posted:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lame that you all stopped.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

That might involve reading one.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote toal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Toalpaz!

Votecount for Day 5
With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 28th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

:siren: There is a strange glow across the lands as if the gods are smiling down on the villagers. :siren:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Markata had nowhere left to hide. The villagers had found them out and rallied around them.

Toalpaz - Markata - Betrayer aligned Cop Disabler was exiled on day 5!

It is now night 5.

All locations have stronger positive encounters from the gods granting the village their blessing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Toalpaz (5): Max, Mr. Humalong, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, xiw, Somberbrero, xiw, KhediveRex, b-minus1
Max (1): Toalpaz
Mr. Humalong (0): b-minus1, b-minus1
Lynch No One! (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (2): Tired Moritz, xiw

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 28th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

:siren: There is a strange glow across the lands as if the gods are smiling down on the villagers. :siren:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Zaliki walked through the desert to the place where the light had shone and fell into a great pit, sliding and slipping on the sand through chutes falling deep into the earth. She landed flat on her back the wind knocked out of her. She was in a cavern deep below the Mountain of the Gods. How did she get here? She began to search her environs and discovered a long hallway made of gold with statuesque pillars depicting the gods. Down this hallway she went, convinced she was about to find the secret the elder spoke of. She heard a noise and some rubble fell away from the wall near her and someone came through the hole it left.

"Nephthys? How did you get here?" she spoke.

"Zaliki! I was searching the mountains and found my way here. Is this it? Did we find the secret?

Nephthys was the owner of the largest farm in the village, the one keeping everyone afloat through these difficult times.

"I certainly hope so. I fell into a hole in the desert and it led me here, I was just about to go ahead and check down the hallway here. You go ahead, if anyone deserves to find it it is you." She said as she slowly began to reach for the knife behind her back.

This fool will never find anything but my blade. My husband Tathra was exiled to the desert and I will carry on his wishes and start a new village with Salihah.

"Excellent! I'll lead the way then."

Nephthys held his torch aloft and strode with purpose down the hallway, when he reached halfway he found an altar to the gods, atop it was a sheet of papyrus with some kind of ancient knowledge written upon it.

He noticed in the reflection on the shining golden altar that Zaliki was holding aloft a knife ready to plunge it into his back!

He barely managed to roll out of the way in time still getting a deep slash on his arm.

He whirled about and drew his own knife.

"Zaliki! How could you betray us? You went along with Tathra's foolish schemes?"

"He was the head constable and never given any respect in this village! You and all the rest of them can go to hell!"

She launched at Nephthys in a wild attack and he stepped out of the way bringing his knife around sinking it to the hilt into her stomach.

She doubled over in pain and dropped her knife.

"Zaliki, I am so sorry this had to happen this way."

He drew the blade across her throat, ending it quickly. He held her in his arms as her life left her body.

The next day Nephthys told everyone the tale and shared the knowledge found on the sheet of papyrus, it contained instructions on how to temper their copper with tin to make a stronger metal. The scroll called it "bronze" and it was the key to their survival going forward. There was also a strange map of some place far away beyond the ends of the oceans. They could worry about the map another time though. Once they made their tools from Bronze instead of copper they prospered and the village became a town, and that turned into a city. Eventually they became the most important place to the end of the world they knew.

Max - Nephthys - Village aligned Double voter found the secret on night 5!

The Villagers have won!

The Betrayer aligned faction has been endgamed!

Mr. Humalong - Salihah - Betrayer aligned Ninja

xiw - Zaliki - Betrayer aligned Roleblocker

Surviving Villagers -

Krex - Cheops - Villager aligned Cop

Tired Moritz - Aziza - Village aligned Tracker

Somber - Akila - Village aligned Doctor

BMinus - Bomani Village alignedbackup Empowerer

So - Game thoughts.

I know you said it was a bad rule and were mad about it merk, but the rule is literally in the standard mafia rules and directly quoting out of thread communications has always been a no no, sorry not sorry.

I had a lot of inconsistencies with my results PM's and I apologize about that, I gave the empowerer target flavor on night 1 and then forgot it every other time along with other little flavor mistakes. From now on so I don't make these mistakes I'm going to just stick with Success/Failed for night actions and that's it.

In hindsight, the modkills flips shouldn't have been until the end of the day and that's how I will be handling any modkill from here out.

Scum kind of had the short end of the stick due to my decision to flip modkills right away and I am sorry for that.

The cop and the doctor found themselves alone in the red cliffs on night 1 and claimed to each other and were pretty much solidly aligned every night after that, which is hilarious and also didn't help scum out any.

Both xiw and Max found the treasure last night so I brought it all down to a public coin flip in the observer chat and scum lost the toss.

CCkeane rolling the jester and Hal rolling the luncher who was supposed to get the jester lunched was probably the best thing ever and I wish they'd gotten a chance to win.

Overall I like the way searches worked in this version and that will be the search system for El Dorado games going forward with some very minor tweaks and some more roles that utilize locations. The next game will have some more custom roles instead of just all basic mafia roles.

Hope everyone enjoyed the game!

I will very shortly be opening all the chats for everyone!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah, town using the modkill to ruin our plan was not very cool.

I also wasn't a fan of the backups having the roles they could inherit listed out. It felt like it basically confirmed any of those claims would be town, especially once the rolecop died n1 and ASF didn't inherit it. I understand they couldn't really communicate that, but it still felt like it gave them an advantage.

Losing a member n1 and having every single 3p get killed off in the first, what, 3 days made things tough for us but I'm pretty proud how far we managed to get before it all blew up in our face and we lost to a coin flip.

Good game, one of these days I'll figure out a good fakeclaim for a ninja.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

b-minus1 posted:

yeah i bet there's scum on this vote

going for the easy dunk smh

Lmao not a single town player on this vote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Good game, Toal mvp. Love you krex. Will post real thoughts later.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I also wasn't a fan of the backups having the roles they could inherit listed out. It felt like it basically confirmed any of those claims would be town, especially once the rolecop died n1 and ASF didn't inherit it. I understand they couldn't really communicate that, but it still felt like it gave them an advantage.

Yeah this was the other thing, I forgot to mention this. I'm not doing that again.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

XIW you're a hero and almost found us the Thing! Good game!

I made the cop claim d3 because we were 2 mislunches away from end gaming town and I had no claim that would hold up. I knew the cop would be in a poor position to counter claim and putting town into mlyl after lunching IP would be excellent for us with 3 scum up. The IP thing really hurt because a lunch matters a lot more than a day vig on IP (night kill follows day end and scum can't die at night, also it's only 1 kill so it doesn't affect the end game timer unless someone else kills out of the day night cycle), and I made the claim with the assumption that people wouldn't break the game to immediately disprove my claim. I do think that end of day/start of day flips solve that issue and that's a good idea for mafia games.

Something that was good that town did was abuse the masonries. They made a couple early masonry plays that we weren't apart of that became difficult to overcome trust wise. Game was very interesting! Thanks for running CPig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

Lmao not a single town player on this vote

lmao!