Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Losing here ties K-State up with Texas Tech and there's only three or four games left on everyone's scheduled, also it's a death blow to Kansas being in the title hunt. I mean, it's too much speculation to say how that particular decision would've ultimately mattered if done the other way in this game, but it felt like a sea change in this game where Kansas was able to dip into their bench more at that point, keep fresher legs, and K-State has played on the back foot since. Wade wasn't playing great at that point, but if he'd stuck around a bit more, maybe he would've found his rhythm faster than he has. It just shows off a timidity that I don't really respect from Weber. But that's probably bias because I've always been dismayed that K-State snatched up a fired coach, that just always struck me as a weird move especially in the wake of someone like Frank Martin running your program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
K-State is still a half game ahead of Texas Tech if they lose here; they'd have the same number of losses but more wins. I admit I don't actually know how the ultimate title split works; does K-State having swept Texas Tech matter at all if they end up alone at the top of the standings? Despite my posting attitude I'm a pretty fairweather basketball fan. :v:

A missed dunk perfectly embodies how K-State's night is going; this game feels like it was fated to be a poo poo game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter, it's just straight conference record that decides things

I think Wade was kinda getting worked and probably isn't close to fully healthy.

I agree that Weber is probably a bad coach, but I don't think that particular decision was necessarily wrong. If anything maybe he should have sat him for this game, but that's a hard thing to ask a senior with a last chance to slay the dragon.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
It matter as far as seeding the big 12 tourney I believe, but otherwise the teams share the title.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Literally every tiny thing is going the wrong way here. :negative:

Deflect a pass? Straight to another Jayhawk. Jayhawk player bounces the ball into literally the middle of nowhere? Comes up in KU's hands. Dean Wade fouls out with four minutes left. Everything is terrible.

EDIT: K-State player throws the ball literally at his teammate's face from two feet away, turnover. Ugh.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ah hell. oh well

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Welp, Iowa was probably due for one of these with the way we've been playing lately

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Ole Piss

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

just checked the score, texas tech is in OT at home vs oklahoma state????

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

and texas tech avoids an embarrassing loss

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Matey posted:

and texas tech avoids an embarrassing loss

My hot take: The Big 12 is not particularly good this year.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Matt Haarms having a great game, 6-6 (1-1 from 3) and two blocks so far.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Matt Haarms having a great game, 6-6 (1-1 from 3) and two blocks so far.

17 & 7 w/ 4 blocks, still hasn't missed a shot.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

17 & 7 w/ 4 blocks, still hasn't missed a shot.

https://twitter.com/PurdueOnBTN/status/1100959676949094400

He finished with 21, 10 & 5, perfect from the field and free throw line. And Purdue won.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
only a couple more games before i'm free of the curse of caring

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Matt Haarms is cool and good

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

reno is pretending to be michigan with their jerseys wtf

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

i wish i knew what it is like to have a hc, ad, and administration that care more about winning than riding out their contracts :smith:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

it's really gonna be so freeing to stop following this terrible team when they bring back menzies for another year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hahaha, the Pac-12's best team, Washington, just lost at California, one of the worst major-conference teams of the Kenpom era.

The Pac-12's second best team, Arizona State, just got blitzed by Oregon and really needs to win either at Oregon State or at Arizona to get back on the bubble.

Unless Washington loses in the tournament final, the Pac 12 is most likely a one-bid league this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why is it so funny that a mid major only gets one bid?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Ahem

*puts lips directly on mic*

gently caress a cayut

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Indiana sweeps Michigan State, wild.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ahem

*puts lips directly on mic*

gently caress a cayut

Counterpoint:
https://youtu.be/Vt2BAfhUHX0

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue's finally broken out of their 3 point shooting slump.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
ohio state bad

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee already getting screwed by bad foul calls against UK. this is getting old.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I turned on the Purdue game like 15 minutes ago and I haven't seen Ohio State take a single attempt in the paint yet

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh great, another game where ISU shoots like poo poo.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Lot of cheap fouls on Kentucky too, and Tennessee is super handsy on defense

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Ohio St has 6 FG, Purdue has 9 3FG.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Carsen Edwards is outscoring OSU 25-24 by himself.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Pitt is very bad at basketball.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
awww poo poo, deficit cut to 30. comeback is on, bitch

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

The most Purdue thing would be if Nojel Eastern just broke his wrist on that dunk attempt.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Vols, bitch.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Suck a butt Kentucky

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols Bitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Miami not even bothering to pretend to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri beating South Carolina's short squad somewhat handily shouldn't surprise me but it does. I won't complain.

SCar's down to 7 scholarship players I think and it shows, they're just dead at the end of the game.