Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

You can invent stuff he “probably” did all you like but he did actually irl write a pretty good open letter about why confederate poo poo should be taken down in Texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Top 10 Lucha is
1) Rey Mysterio
2) Sin Cara
3) mil Mascaras
4) ultimo Dragon
5) LWo
6) Tito Santana
7) Santo
8) Rey Mysterio Sr
9) the Guerrero’s
10) Lucha House Party

How do I get paid for this?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Top 10 Lucha

1. Electroshock
2. Electroshock
3. Electroshock
4. Electroshock
5. Electroshock
6. Electroshock
7. Electroshock
8. Electroshock
9. Electroshock
10. Electroshock

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Top 10 Lucha is
1) Rey Mysterio
2) Sin Cara
3) mil Mascaras
4) ultimo Dragon
5) LWo
6) Tito Santana
7) Santo
8) Rey Mysterio Sr
9) the Guerrero’s
10) Lucha House Party

How do I get paid for this?
Honorable Mention: Vince McMahon

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

jesus WEP posted:

Honorable Mention: Vince McMahon

Before Vince McMahon you would only find Lucha in dusty old bars and high school gymnasiums.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Top 10 Luchadores:

1) Who's
2)That
3) Jumping
4) Out
5)The
6)Sky
7)R
8)E
9)Y
10)Mysterio

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

I Before E posted:

He definitely listens to Lil Boosie, but he's probably used race as a way to bully minorities, even if he was more invested in the bullying than the racism

excuse me that's boosie badazz, sir

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Top 10 Lucha

1. Booyaka
2. Booyaka
3. 6.
4. 1.
5. 9.
6. Booyaka
7. Booyaka
8. Rey
9. Mysterio
10. Sin Cara

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So this guy got all hot and bothered about Bernie and got caught in the most obvious trap ever. So of course he has good wrestling takes too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this is the 'stupid wrestling opinions' thread not the 'objective wrestling facts' thread

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

some matches are booked.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Im not saying i know a ton about it but the AEW seems super Fyre Festival-ish.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I got stranded in the parking lot after All In so I know what its like to have been at Fyre Festival.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
The "you're muted/bye!" followed by still engaging is an absolute classic move

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

fyre festival would be a great comparison if these wrestlers had nobody on board, had no history of putting on a wrestling show, didn't know the first thing about putting on a wrestling show, didn't have any funding for a wrestling show, couldn't get any wrestlers to come to this wrestling show, and they held it on an island where the only way to watch would be to pay thousands of dollars.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

fyre festival would be a great comparison if these wrestlers had nobody on board, had no history of putting on a wrestling show, didn't know the first thing about putting on a wrestling show, didn't have any funding for a wrestling show, couldn't get any wrestlers to come to this wrestling show, and they held it on an island where the only way to watch would be to pay thousands of dollars.

and if someone had to suck a dick for some ring ropes

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Well Kenny called me, and he said "Jericho we need you to take one big one for the team." And I said, "oh my gosh, I've been taking something for the team every day." He said "Chris, you are our wonderful, gay leader. And we need you to go down. Will you...suck...dick......to fix this rope problem." And I said "Kenny. What?" And he said "Chris. If you will go down and suck Dunn & Marcos' dick - they're the head of ring crew - and get them to give us those ring ropes. You will save AEW."

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

Someone send this idea to Inoki so he'll want to redo the dessert island match but with an actual crowd this time

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know, I can't help but look at AEW and think this is EXACTLY like the Haitian Revolution of 1791 - 1804. Like, it's basically 1:1

HulkaMatt posted:

Well Kenny called me, and he said "Jericho we need you to take one big one for the team." And I said, "oh my gosh, I've been taking something for the team every day." He said "Chris, you are our wonderful, gay leader. And we need you to go down. Will you...suck...dick......to fix this rope problem." And I said "Kenny. What?" And he said "Chris. If you will go down and suck Dunn & Marcos' dick - they're the head of ring crew - and get them to give us those ring ropes. You will save AEW."

FINALLY somebody actually posts a real scoop!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

You know, I can't help but look at AEW and think this is EXACTLY like the Haitian Revolution of 1791 - 1804. Like, it's basically 1:1

Something something something Too Sweet Overture

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HulkaMatt posted:

Little known Jericho hold list trivia: 1:1 armbar to blowie ratio

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Hey.

gently caress you for this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Some people are very upset I'd mention WWE is using volunteers.

https://twitter.com/_Jay2H/status/1100742801782964224?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’d be fine with that yeah. gently caress the Salvation Army

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gently caress yeah shut down the sally army.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That guy needs to keep recommending good things tbh

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/_Jay2H/status/1100744838658605056?s=19

loving hell

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Best self own is always proposing as an exasperated exaggeration something that is actually good.

edit: However, sociopathic myopia isn't.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
But guys, don't you understand? He's a heel!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oof

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well, *places hand on chest* it's not my tweet. because mine isn't that bad. but we were discussing the maliciousness of Jay2HEEL's tweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus loving Christ :stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that dude is Block Lesnar'd.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/raulisonline/status/1100920386701721601

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Stop interacting with anyone who ever seriously uses the phrase "virtue signaling"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

also just stop interacting with wreddit

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Who knew being inclusive was controversial?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

quote:

Couldn't disagree more, they come across as wrestling nerds, just like us. I have no clue where you got that 4chan thing. It's fun to see wrestlers interacting with each other, nice to see they're not afraid of being themselves and not afraid of coming across as "marks". I guess it's true what they say, there's nothing more that wrestling fans hate than other wrestling fans, which certainly seems to apply here.

The Insiderz (Manny/Mansoor, Shane Thorne, and Brennan Williams) decided it would be an acceptable/great idea to read erotic fanfiction (about their coworkers) on stream (very likely without their consent/knowledge). And when called out about how creepy it was, their fans responded in the fashion above.

Like maybe its just me, but I find reading that kinda poo poo about your coworkers to be incredibly creepy, no matter the situation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

over at 4chan and with those wrestlers who are clearly indoctrinated into that scene, that's just the mentality. so they don't even know how weird they're being. fan fic is what it is. it's ok to read privately while being really horny thinking about the people in it but they like to play it For laughs and it's creepy as all hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
and on top of all that they made him play Dark Souls