Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Jose posted:

It takes 24 hours at least for anything you eat to give you the shits so it's something else that is responsible

I thought this too but the Subway near where I work will give me diarrhea the second I'm finished eating it without fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Which I then use to get out of work

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The only half way decent fast sandwich place is probably Jimmy John's but those fuckers have some kind of allergy to putting just regular yellow mustard on sandwiches so gently caress them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hollismason posted:

The only half way decent fast sandwich place is probably Jimmy John's but those fuckers have some kind of allergy to putting just regular yellow mustard on sandwiches so gently caress them

Jersey Mike’s is pretty good imo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
quesadilla

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

why you need a whole case of em lmao

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The best Cuban sandwich I’ve ever had with pork cut similar to ribbons but flavorful and carmalized crust kind of thing that is difficult to explain and house made creole mustard. It was sublime.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gatts posted:

The best Cuban sandwich I’ve ever had with pork cut similar to ribbons but flavorful and carmalized crust kind of thing that is difficult to explain and house made creole mustard. It was sublime.
This sounds amazing

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
The best Cuban sandwich by me is done by this great little cafe, but I get their medianoche because they put a solid bread-sized sheet of chicharron on it and it's just the best.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So long as none of those are pressed/toasted they sound amazing. Never understood toasting a Cubano. It ruins the bread and that super crusty/chewy Cuban bread is one of the best parts of the sandwich.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i dont think ive ever had a cuban sando

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Solice Kirsk posted:

So long as none of those are pressed/toasted they sound amazing. Never understood toasting a Cubano. It ruins the bread and that super crusty/chewy Cuban bread is one of the best parts of the sandwich.

On the flip side of flavor town there's a place here that cranks out dirt cheap Cuban sandwiches but they press them with a goddamn car and they're razor thin.

It should be pressed so the layers marry up and the bread gets a bit of warmth on top, but there should still be bubbles in the bread. It's a drat shame that some places make good sandwiches and then press them to oblivion.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

I've never even been to a place that serves them, but I'm hoping they start to catch on.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

theyre good OP

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

theres this columbian street food hole in the wall that has cubans apparently

they also have this which would make doobie proud lmao

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

mayo, mustard, ketchup, unidentifiable quasi-opaque substance, crunched up potato chips

I mean now that I actually say it I want to eat it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Cuban is one of those sandwiches that is greater than the sum of its parts and is best when kept simple, but so many places try to fancy em up and add a bunch of extra ingredients that it becomes an entirely different experience.

See also: poutine

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Jersey Mike’s is pretty good imo

I may try them I've never eaten there.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I think Publix had an amazing cuban-style sandwich probably because of the boars Head meats and the press. It was simple and perfect. I don't get the hype on Cuban bread. To me it's an extra airy and super bland communist loaf.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

mayo, mustard, ketchup, unidentifiable quasi-opaque substance, crunched up potato chips

I mean now that I actually say it I want to eat it

hand in your goon card, because you couldn't even recognize cum when you saw it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I may try them I've never eaten there.

get a #99 cheesesteak

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Chinatown posted:

get a #99 cheesesteak

Good choice but I hold the jalapenos. I'm partial to the #9 Club Supreme or the #8 Club Sub when I'm in the mood for a cold sub.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hand in your goon card, because you couldn't even recognize cum when you saw it

buddy if your cum looks like that i have some bad news if you ever want kids. also bad news if you currently have kids.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
jalaps are good OP

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My jizz looks like the icing on a cinnabon :smug:

Sorry ladies, I'm not single.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

There's this place in a Miami burb called Pepitolandia and they serve the best loving giant Venezuelan sandwiches. It's like whatever grilled meats you want plus cheese and avocados and veggies and potato chips in a big roll and then there's like 10 random crazy sauces you can put on top (corn sauce? pineapple jam? guasacaca?) and they're all magical. Plus it's open til like 5 am cause Miami

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

omg

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Pepitos are f'ing awesome and are one of the best uses for those crispy shoestring potato sticks that usually come in a can

Those things are awesome in general as a sandwich topping, try puttin' em on burgs

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Tom Gorman posted:

Pepitos are f'ing awesome and are one of the best uses for those crispy shoestring potato sticks that usually come in a can

Those things are awesome in general as a sandwich topping, try puttin' em on burgs

frita cubana <3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

There's this place in a Miami burb called Pepitolandia and they serve the best loving giant Venezuelan sandwiches. It's like whatever grilled meats you want plus cheese and avocados and veggies and potato chips in a big roll and then there's like 10 random crazy sauces you can put on top (corn sauce? pineapple jam? guasacaca?) and they're all magical. Plus it's open til like 5 am cause Miami

I looked this place up, is it the one in Doral?
Because of course it'd be in Doral.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Big Beef City posted:

I looked this place up, is it the one in Doral?
Because of course it'd be in Doral.

Yes, I think there's only one? But it should be a chain. I don't know anything about Miami suburbs but it was surreal driving past a Trump resort at 2 am going to get Venezuelan pepitos from workers who didn't speak any English

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Great thread OP, sandwiches are the best food. Def gonna cop a sandwich for lunch.

Here's a traditional Italian from Vinnie's in my neighborhood here in Chicago:

Some delicious fancy French poo poo from Pastoral:

Bahn Mi from Nhu Lan:

Finally, The Dante from Tempesta around the corner:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bari's is right down the street and you choose Vinnie's?

edit:
Also how's it going neighbor!

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

numberoneposter posted:

I can imagine chunks of this floating around your keg of a stomach

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Jose posted:

It takes 24 hours at least for anything you eat to give you the shits so it's something else that is responsible

this is absolutely, categorically untrue in my experience. maybe you're right about specifically the food poisoning type of shits, but if i eat stuff with a lot of dairy in it i feel ill before i'm even done and then i can just go directly into the bathroom and poop liquid for a while

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
That issue is genreally treatable by injecting someone elses poo poo directly into your rear end.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Big Data posted:

That issue is genreally treatable by injecting someone elses poo poo directly into your rear end.

Look at this dudes avatar and then ask yourself, is this good advice or is it him playing to his fetish?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Data posted:

Or buying a $5 bottle of store brand lactase and having one with whatever you're eating some, but frankly I find your idea to be more 'authentic', so I don't normally encourage the whole pill-popping solution. "Whole rear end or nothing" is my motto.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bari's is right down the street and you choose Vinnie's?

edit:
Also how's it going neighbor!

Hell yeah neighbor. West town best town right??? :hfive:

Deffo gonna hit up Bari on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Are you as pissed as I am that The Gringo trimmed back all the ivy in the beer garden of the old Grandview bar?