Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Y'all are really gonna make me watch Bones aren't you.

Oh and I didn't know this is a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBIQSjJlT_E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I was thinking of subbing to Shudder. How is the stream quality from the site? I've seen...conflicting reviews.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

mikeycp posted:

I was thinking of subbing to Shudder. How is the stream quality from the site? I've seen...conflicting reviews.

On PC, it's always been good for me barring the well known Joe Bob rush. On my tablet, it's been a mess but I'm pretty certain that's more on my tabletside than Shudder since it's not the first time I've had some issue with it and an app.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

drat Shudder just added Gremlins , Gremlins 2 and Army of Darkness.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Was that movie PG-13? There was no nudity (well, there was some covered nudity), not much swearing and not a lot of bloody violence outside of that spoilered scene, but that doesn't seem like something that could exist in a PG-13 movie hahaha

What the gently caress is "covered nudity"? If you're covered you're not nude!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hollismason posted:

I’ve never actually seen Gremlins 2 despite everyone telling me it’s better than the original. Gonna check that out.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Fart City posted:

What's the worst type of body trauma depicted on film?

Eyes are an easy answer, but I'm gonna go with teeth.

ditto on teeth. there's some movie that I'm drawing a blank on right now where someone gets a drill to the teeth and it's horrifying, I wanna say it's a Fulci film but I may just be conflating it with the drill to the head scene in The Beyond.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jedit posted:

What the gently caress is "covered nudity"? If you're covered you're not nude!

have you seen Robert Zemeckis's Beowulf

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
ooooh Shudder added Let's Scare Jessica To Death(1971). I've had that on my list to check out for several years but never had the opportunity.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Basebf555 posted:

ooooh Shudder added Let's Scare Jessica To Death(1971). I've had that on my list to check out for several years but never had the opportunity.

YESSS!!!! Same here! One of the few flicks brought up here now and then that I never got to see.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I’ve never actually seen Gremlins 2 despite everyone telling me it’s better than the original. Gonna check that out.

I got into a semi-angry fight with a friend at a bar last night when he said he thought Gremlins 2 was terrible

I will spill blood for that movie

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I got into a semi-angry fight with a friend at a bar last night when he said he thought Gremlins 2 was terrible

I will spill blood for that movie

Gremlins 2 is the last time we will ever see a studio go out of its way to get the original director back. Dante begged off for years, saying he didn't have a story to tell. When they gave him final cut, he let loose and essentially carpet bombed the idea of sequels.

Hollywood has since figured out there are a million Brett Ratners who can convincingly play another director and come in under budget with a simulacrum that appears to be a sequel to a hit.

Seriously, Institute for Gremlins 2 Studies is a lot more correct than it is wrong about a lot of stuff.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

It's interesting to me how in many creative industries there seems to be a complex relationship between sophistication (and amount of funding) and quality that is proportionate at first, then falls dramatically and eventually levels off once you pass a certain point.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Thanks for talking about Bones, movie owns! I really didn't expect a Snoop Dogg / Lucio Fulci crossover but I am so glad that this exists.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fart City posted:

What's the worst type of body trauma depicted on film?

Eyes are an easy answer, but I'm gonna go with teeth.

Tongues and teeth. Oldboy fucks me up.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Blast Fantasto posted:

I wouldn't say it's better, but it's in the vicinity of the original. I loved the gremlin variety we get in it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Gremlins 2 cannot really be compared to Gremlins 1 because Gremlins 2 was a movie made by a director who didnt want to make the movie and had unlimited budget and creative control and used it to express his contempt for the movie itself.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Hollismason posted:

They're adding Cheap Thrills on the 11th. A previous iteration of this very thread led me to that movie a couple of years ago and it's GODDAMN AMAZING.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the closest corollary to Gremlins 2 is, I think, Freddy Got Fingered. They are both films which are far less interested in telling a story than in wasting money and making themselves laugh.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gremlins 2 is easily the best sequel of all time.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Do the streaming versions of Gremlins 2 have the Hulk hogan part or the John Wayne part?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

Do the streaming versions of Gremlins 2 have the Hulk hogan part or the John Wayne part?

apparently the john wayne part is super rare now because it was only for the vhs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

apparently the john wayne part is super rare now because it was only for the vhs

I hereby demand a buffering/macro blocking part featuring YouTube personalities for streaming versions.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mikeycp posted:

Get vrv premium for 5 dollars more and you can watch JoJo's and Legend of Galactic Heroes too.

Both of which belong in this thread :colbert:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And this is why i will never get rid of my double VHS of both films

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’m imagining the Gremlins showing up on the streaming video, switching it to ASMR videos or something, then a Twitch celebrity “saves” the film by saying something racist and driving them away in disgust.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m imagining the Gremlins showing up on the streaming video, switching it to ASMR videos or something, then a Twitch celebrity “saves” the film by saying something racist and driving them away in disgust.

Also Hulk Hogan is in it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Neo Rasa posted:

Also Hulk Hogan is in it.

Like Drunkboxer said, somebody says something racist

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Pomp posted:

Get vrv premium for 5 dollars more and you can watch JoJo's and Legend of Galactic Heroes too.

Both of which belong in this thread :colbert:
Serious question; are there actually horror elements to Legend of the Galactic Heroes? It’s been on my radar for a while but the length kind of put me off.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I maintain that Gremlins 3 should be about the filming of an adaption of the events of the first film, and real Gremlins show up and run amok on a studio lot. The meta and parody possibilities are endless.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

david_a posted:

Serious question; are there actually horror elements to Legend of the Galactic Heroes? It’s been on my radar for a while but the length kind of put me off.

not really

like there's a creepy space cult subplot but they're more "political terrorists who use brainwashing" than "space cthulhu worshipers"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Fart City posted:

I maintain that Gremlins 3 should be about the filming of an adaption of the events of the first film, and real Gremlins show up and run amok on a studio lot. The meta and parody possibilities are endless.

While I agree, you also described the plot of Scream 3 and that was a real bad movie

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the closest corollary to Gremlins 2 is, I think, Freddy Got Fingered. They are both films which are far less interested in telling a story than in wasting money and making themselves laugh.

Difference being gremlins 2 is actually a good movie despite all of that.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Mel Mudkiper posted:

While I agree, you also described the plot of Scream 3 and that was a real bad movie

No ghosts in this one

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Gremlins 2 is easily the best sequel of all time.

I'd say it's a toss-up between it and Master of the Flying Guillotine.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's interesting to me how in many creative industries there seems to be a complex relationship between sophistication (and amount of funding) and quality that is proportionate at first, then falls dramatically and eventually levels off once you pass a certain point.

That's probably due to risk aversion more so than anything. The times when studios would give someone like Francis Ford Coppola unlimited funding to shoot his mad vision in Vietnam is sadly past.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

david_a posted:

There's nothing scarier than autocracy and failing democracies

(No)

Pomp fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 1, 2019

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Origami Dali posted:

I shouldn't be this excited for something this stupid, but I am. I hope they bring back the bounty hunters from the movie. And Charlie!

Also, they need to reference this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOwqVrHl0Jo

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

:neckbeard:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh poo poo, new Critters?

Sign me the gently caress UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mad respect they stuck with puppets