Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

beggar posted:

and on top of all that they made him play Dark Souls

Nah that was Adam Cole. :colbert:

Adam Cole buys Alienware PCs, that's how you know he isn't a true Gamer (tm).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So were the people complaining it was creepy the wrestlers or people watching the stream

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So were the people complaining it was creepy the wrestlers or people watching the stream

People watching the stream/vod, and apparently the segment was uploaded to YouTube as well. The wrestlers didn't complain.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DarkstarIV posted:

People watching the stream/vod, and apparently the segment was uploaded to YouTube as well. The wrestlers didn't complain.

Then why are you assuming it wasnt with consent or knowledge

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Then why are you assuming it wasnt with consent or knowledge

Oh, I thought you meant the wrestlers (Manny) actually reading the fanfiction. Because Manny, Shane, and Brennan didn't complain (because they instigated it). As for the others, its pretty obvious they are uncomfortable with the entire thing, because a few of them have shown up on stream before and look incredibly uncomfortable whenever this stuff happens. See: Adam Cole's appearance as the most recent example.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 28, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh, I thought you meant the wrestlers (Manny) actually reading the fanfiction. Because Manny, Shane, and Brennan didn't complain (because they instigated it). As for the others, its pretty obvious they are uncomfortable with the entire thing, because a few of them have shown up on stream before and look incredibly uncomfortable whenever this stuff happens. See: Adam Cole's appearance as the most recent example.

I mean, I have to admit I am a bit split. Like, on one hand, yeah, its inappropriate to do that to your coworkers.

On the other hand, wrestling and the wwe has an incredibly toxic locker room culture of pranks and hazing and so on. "Reading fan fic while he plays Dark Souls" seems so low on the list I just cannot seem to care much. Like in the context of stories we hear about backstage, stuff like this seems almost quaint .

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I mean, I have to admit I am a bit split. Like, on one hand, yeah, its inappropriate to do that to your coworkers.

On the other hand, wrestling and the wwe has an incredibly toxic locker room culture of pranks and hazing and so on. "Reading fan fic while he plays Dark Souls" seems so low on the list I just cannot seem to care much. Like in the context of stories we hear about backstage, stuff like this seems almost quaint .

Oh this wasn't during Dark Souls (the stream from last week). This was during a stream from last night or something apparently, where it was just Manny, Shane, and Brennan.

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be sharing erotic fanfiction of coworkers without both parties consent. If a party says no, or they don't answer, its pretty lovely to decide to read it on stream anyways.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 28, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ok maybe I misunderstood I thought you said they read it about Cole while Cole was on the show

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ok maybe I misunderstood I thought you said they read it about Cole while Cole was on the show

Nah. The Cole stream was incredibly creepy but for slightly different reasons.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah. The Cole stream was incredibly creepy but for slightly different reasons.

Yeah but isnt that Brennan's whole gimmick. He is a giant muscle monster who corners you to talk about idol anime. Like, he used to make Dijak take photos on the road with him and an Asuka body pillow.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah but isnt that Brennan's whole gimmick. He is a giant muscle monster who corners you to talk about idol anime. Like, he used to make Dijak take photos on the road with him and an Asuka body pillow.

I think there's a fine line between that kind of stuff and outright trying to pressure someone like Adam Cole or Tegan Nox for details on their (or their coworkers) intimate lives. Especially when its a topic they don't want to discuss.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Okay uh wow I had no idea Brennan was a shitlord and welp, guess that’s why he’ll never be on TV. I’d offer my condolences to him, but seeing as he has the same weeaboo schtick as Kenny, he’s likely going straight to AEW when the WWE releases him, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venomous posted:

Okay uh wow I had no idea Brennan was a shitlord and welp, guess that’s why he’ll never be on TV.

It's probably more that he's not that good at wrestling even with being signed/developing for 3 years now. They have a loooooooooooooooooot of shitlords they are more than happy to have employed currently, including in upper management/the top ranks. Only times it's been a fireable issue is when it's been too excessively annoying for even them to deal with (see Cass and TJP) and it's going to take more than Youtube streams they don't watch for him to reach that height for them

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if they piss off an advertiser they'll be dropped in a heartbeat.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You have to think Vince will do something to piss off advertisers and affiliates that could risk the TV Deal

or given how hell the world is they'll embrace it as the new norm

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am confused how we went from "Brennan Williams did something inappropriate on stream" to "Brennan Williams is a shitlord who is a bad person and wrestler"

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 1, 2019

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am confused how we went from "Brennan Williams did something appropriate on stream" to "Brennan Williams is a shitlord who is a bad person and wrestler"

Mansoor (Manny) happened is most likely the case. Brennan used to be pretty okay, but once he became friends with Manny, things kinda went south. Manny is a regular on 4chan. That should probably explain everything I would hope.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Mansoor (Manny) happened is most likely the case. Brennan used to be pretty okay, but once he became friends with Manny, things kinda went south. Manny is a regular on 4chan. That should probably explain everything I would hope.

No, I meant I don't get what he did that made everyone immediately write him off as terrible

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Brennan once fought /vp/ in Pokemon like 5 years ago. I hear he kicked their asses.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 1, 2019

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
People keep referencing the inappropriate questions in vague terms. Was Brennan straight up like "yo Cole what's loving Brit like?" Because that's how all these allusions to inappropriate questions seems.

(which, for reference, is loving horrible and I hope it wasn't that or something similar)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am confused how we went from "Brennan Williams did something inappropriate on stream" to "Brennan Williams is a shitlord who is a bad person and wrestler"

I mean I've never seen him wrestle (b/c he's never been on TV) so I can't comment on that, but imo 'read erotic fanfiction of his coworkers at length' is a bit more serious than 'did something inappropriate', especially when folks like Ambrose and Young are on record as hating their fanfics. No doubt their colleagues have similar opinions.

Also, I have a hunch that he supported GamerGate (if his deleted tweets and these replies are anything to go by) and I'm sure he's still on the anti-GG blocklists, so yeah. Can't particularly trust him.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 1, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We should all donate to his stream and ask him what his crimes are.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

on stream (very likely without their consent/knowledge).

Venomous posted:

No doubt their colleagues have similar opinions.

Venomous posted:

Also, I have a hunch that he supported GamerGate

See, this is what I am getting caught up on. The dude is not even on television. He's on the lowest rung of the entire company. Why are we assuming and having "no doubts" that he is doing this against the wishes of his colleagues. He is on the worst possible position to rock the boat. I don't get why the narrative is "he is doing this behind their back and doesn't care about them." Like, if someone who was on the stream puts out a tweet or there is a news article saying "I was uncomfortable with this and I told him to stop" then yeah absolutely. But we seem to be having this argument as, ironically, outsiders about how what he does affects his colleagues and there is a level of assumption to it that I am not comfortable with.

Like, if this were a regular industry, yeah it would be inappropriate. But WWE backstage and lockerroom culture is broken at a fundamental level that goes way higher than a non-tv NXT rookie. I mean, the CEO of the company chases employees around with poo poo on a stick. There are so many institutional problems with WWE that "low run guy does stuff that I think people may not like" is so minor I just don't have the energy for it.

I am also not seeing where Renee and Dean say they hate it. Renee is even like

quote:

Young: You know what I saw the other day—it must’ve been on my Instagram or on Twitter or something, but somebody tagged me in it—it was a shirt that was a picture, obviously a fan-drawn cartoon thing of just you and Roman [Reigns, a fellow WWE Superstar] in … a deep embrace. I wanted to buy it. [Laughs] It was a thing on Etsy, a real thing that I could’ve bought. It was hysterical.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 1, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Right thread

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/1101495045482573824

How dare people whine about a racist homophobe!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

did Dana Warrior ever even have a connection to the industry other than her husband?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kill The wrestling twitter.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
First you whine when you have no food, then you whine when I poo poo on your plate! I mean, make up your mind!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

But WWE backstage and lockerroom culture is broken at a fundamental level that goes way higher than a non-tv NXT rookie. I mean, the CEO of the company chases employees around with poo poo on a stick. There are so many institutional problems with WWE that "low run guy does stuff that I think people may not like" is so minor I just don't have the energy for it.

My understanding that, at least on the wrestler side of things (there is no fixing Vince), apparently things are way more chill and relaxed now? Jericho has pointed out that the drugs and drinking (the latter to his disappointment) are largely absent now, bored dudes aren't pulling "ribs" so much as just loving about with their buddies playing video games, interviewing each other for social media/youtube channels, or just shooting the poo poo.

I wonder if "wrestler's court" is even a thing anymore or if that poo poo has gone by the wayside.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

My understanding that, at least on the wrestler side of things (there is no fixing Vince), apparently things are way more chill and relaxed now? Jericho has pointed out that the drugs and drinking (the latter to his disappointment) are largely absent now, bored dudes aren't pulling "ribs" so much as just loving about with their buddies playing video games, interviewing each other for social media/youtube channels, or just shooting the poo poo.

I wonder if "wrestler's court" is even a thing anymore or if that poo poo has gone by the wayside.

I mean we did have Enzo told to gently caress off in multiple ways by the talent so it exists in some form, even if it's not remotely in the same way.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It helps a lot that people like Taker aren't part of the daily locker environment anymore

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can't remember who it was, but there was a writer I think who told a story on a podcast about being called to "Wrestler's Court" and thought the entire thing was ludicrous and obviously nobody was taking it seriously, so he showed up with some joke items or something thinking it was all in good fun. Then realized... oh, oh they think this is actually legitimate?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Brian Gewirtz told that story on Jericho's podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJABNXoSKiM

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

It isn't. HR monitors everything these days and it is simply a different generation.

I honestly never hear about the talent on talent bullying. Aside from clandestine burying or putting on the mouth on someone - normally the person deserves it for real reasons.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

Brian Gewirtz told that story on Jericho's podcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJABNXoSKiM

Awesome, thanks. Story starts at around 5 minutes 45 seconds.

rovert posted:

It isn't. HR monitors everything these days and it is simply a different generation.

Thank goodness for that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I mean we did have Enzo told to gently caress off in multiple ways by the talent so it exists in some form, even if it's not remotely in the same way.

I think that's just someone being so intolerable they alienate literally everyone, less going before people with seniority because you didn't show appropriate deference. You could see Enzo getting ostracized at a workplace that ISN'T run by an insane carnie.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I forget if it's Gerwitz but I remember someone's wrestlers' court story involving Mae Young being the defense lawyer and hilariously loving it up for the accused even more somehow

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I can't remember who it was, but there was a writer I think who told a story on a podcast about being called to "Wrestler's Court" and thought the entire thing was ludicrous and obviously nobody was taking it seriously, so he showed up with some joke items or something thinking it was all in good fun. Then realized... oh, oh they think this is actually legitimate?
I feel like Christian once said on the E&C pod that they were both called into Wrestler's Court so they bought a bunch of stuff Taker liked and gave it to him before the "trial". The court adjourned.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My favorite story was about the guy (can't remember who sorry) who panicked when he got hauled into a bathroom for "wrestler's court", accidentally locked Taker and a couple of other guys in a bathroom stall and ran away. Apparently they found the whole thing so hilarious they forgot all about whatever bad thing he'd supposedly done in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

stevie richards.