Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Elerion posted:

Apex Legends: When you lose. the robot gives you diarrhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Stan Taylor posted:

My buddies like to drop pit but I'm thinking it's a trap lately. There are three boxes in there and usually a gun or two on the ground but that's it. Super easy to not find a weapon. Same with the airport thing, it's way too open and easy to get screwed on boxes. Definitely starting to prefer areas with cover and loot on the ground so I don't have to run to box after box looking for a loving gun.

My experiences exactly. Pit is good if no one else is dropping there and you're on voice comms so you can immediately relocate to another zone and continue looting. The Airport is just a loving deathtrap, in my experience do not drop there because it's waaaay too random. I've picked up a Peacekeeper and then got sniped from the opposite platform by a guy with a Longbow, was pinned down and could do almost nothing while my other 2 teammated died.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Pit is fun if you want to punch people after landing while they frantically look for guns but not for gearing up. It is nice for swooping into bunker to clean up whoever dropped there but dropping just west of bunker is better for that anyway.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Elerion posted:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My experiences exactly. Pit is good if no one else is dropping there and you're on voice comms so you can immediately relocate to another zone and continue looting. The Airport is just a loving deathtrap, in my experience do not drop there because it's waaaay too random. I've picked up a Peacekeeper and then got sniped from the opposite platform by a guy with a Longbow, was pinned down and could do almost nothing while my other 2 teammated died.

Yeah usually no one else is dropping pit and you have options on where to move next which is good, but your unlikely to get your squad decently kitted out in there alone and you've got a good chance to run into someone in runoff or slum lakes. It feels like drops there just take too long to get into decent fighting shape to me.

Also the worst feeling is when you do a hot drop and your team kinda bails on you. Feels extremely bad to knock someone, do 80 damage to another and then drop and your team is way the gently caress away while the other guy is getting revived.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Airbase fuckin sucks hard. Much of the loot has little to no cover, and a few of the rooms with loot are dead ends so anyone chasing you will catch up to you easily. By far my least favorite area to drop. Pit doesn't have a high enough volume of loot spawns, if more than 1 group drops there some people are guaranteed to have a horrible time with little to no cover to juke people with. Even if no other squad drops there I still don't like dropping there. I'd rather rotate through pit after dropping elsewhere first.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Elerion posted:

Can confirm. Whenever we lose an Apex round my team has invariably poo poo the bed

J posted:

Airbase fuckin sucks hard. Much of the loot has little to no cover, and a few of the rooms with loot are dead ends so anyone chasing you will catch up to you easily. By far my least favorite area to drop. Pit doesn't have a high enough volume of loot spawns, if more than 1 group drops there some people are guaranteed to have a horrible time with little to no cover to juke people with. Even if no other squad drops there I still don't like dropping there. I'd rather rotate through pit after dropping elsewhere first.

True warriors drop Thunderdome

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

J posted:

The entire point of a few loot zones (pit, watch towers, thunderdome) is to be able to loot fast then roll on some one looting else where

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/aw6ldl/this_sub_right_now/

This had better mean the Battle Pass patch today

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Songbearer posted:

True warriors drop Thunderdome

I actually agree, the fights there are great AND it's totally possible to bail the gently caress out and get some decent equipment in the little mini-towns around it, so there's lots of depth.

Mr.Citrus posted:

The entire point of a few loot zones (pit, watch towers, thunderdome) is to be able to loot fast then roll on some one looting else where

Problem with Pit in my experience is that the areas around it are absolute trash. Runoff is supposedly High Tier but I never get anything good there and I also get murdered.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My greatest hope is that streamer/youtuber culture just loving ends, and soon, so you dont have some jerk off who proudly calls himself Dr. Disrespect (and that bio...) and actually being popular for it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
lol you're reading a fake sentence i didn't even type

This is the real sentence I typed looks like you just got BAMBOOZLED

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

codo27 posted:

My greatest hope is that streamer/youtuber culture just loving ends, and soon, so you dont have some jerk off who proudly calls himself Dr. Disrespect (and that bio...) and actually being popular for it

He plays a character, and some people enjoy watching that character. It seems a weird thing to get angry about.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

personally i just hope the streamers/youtubers i can't stand go away and the ones i like stay because they are cool and good to watch

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i have only ever won one game but i reliably get a couple kills and make it to the end which feels like progress. i wish the squads i get matched with would be less risk averse so we could rush enemies more and i would get more fightin' in though

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's kind of a jerk thing to do to your team and nearly always suicide but you can just jump solo and get fresh in a Violence Zone if you just want to practise your shooting

If you're not the jumpmaster you'll also be surprised how often the nominated person will just follow the first suggestion too so always ping a high friction zone and see if that helps them get bloody early

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Yes please change the thread name so that everyone will know what the stakes are when they play this game.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codo27 posted:

old man yells at cloud right here

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

God drat it I need my battle pass now! If Shroud pulled a bamboozle I'm never giving him another free prime sub again.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

*Bullets flying into and around Wraith's body*

"They're aiming at you"

YES THANK YOU VOICE IN MY HEAD I'M WELL AWARE

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

probably the two best spots if you wanna get good loot and only have to fight a squad (maybe two) and then move into busier sports are relay or water treatment (dependent on the course the dropship takes ofc).

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

"They're aiming at you"

A trap goes off two feet from me while we're all staring at it: there are enemy traps near by

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Just Chamber posted:

"They're aiming at you"

*Looting deathboxes after a battle*

Bloodhound, pinging a track: "Someone was wounded here..."

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Dr Disrespect can be fun. Most streamers play up their personality a bit, but not many are straight up playing a character.

Also, did you know that Fatal1ty streams Apex? Was a pretty fun surprise to find out that the biggest name in classic esports was still around, he definitely hasn't lost his touch.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
gently caress the pass, I want speedy boi

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
What if they just dropped a full hitbox balance rework out of nowhere today?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Mr.Citrus posted:

My issue with pit is that there isn't enough loot in it to gear a full squad well enough to take on a group that's been looting at slum lake or runoff for the same amount of time. It's a lower tier zone than runoff and it's got much less loot than slum lakes.

I think it's more likely the point of pit is that it will eventually be rotated to a high tier zone when they want to shake things up, along with places like Cascades. For now it feels like dropping there just puts you at a disadvantage compared to dropping at the areas around it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doc is doing another Apex tourney today. Starts at 4pm eastern.

https://boom.tv/codered

Lot of big names again.

Dizzy is probably gonna win the whole thing again :ohdear:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Also landing on the ship is extremely fun and people won't do it, super lame imo

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

If anything is dropping today, I'd assume it'd be 3pm est/Noon pst

Then again, would they gently caress up a 'big tournament' with a patch? :shrug:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My son, who is almost 5, has been asking me about Apex (he asks me about the video games I play after he goes to bed). So I've described it as a sports game with colorful characters (left out the part about the bloodsport and guns) where the players have to loot the most treasure and escape the island. And then I describe "the guys", which is his term for any colorful game characters (one of his favorite things to do is just sit at the Killer Instinct screen and pick the characters and narrate 'cool' stories for them, this is "looking at the guys"). So he knows about Wraith, Gibby, Pathfinder, etc. Anyway last night at bedtime he stands up in bed and announces that he knows all the rules to Apex Legends, and proceeds to tell me them:

1) You CANNOT tell your opponent to "get rekt" *
2) NO INSTINCT (this is yelled at the ceiling) and he wouldn't elaborate on this
3) You don't need a ticket to play (!?!?!? technically true)
4) You can't play without the password. NO TRESPASSING (again yelled at the ceiling) When I asked him what the password was, he whispered "Wraith knows"
5) When you lose, the robot gives you diarrhea **

* A kid at preschool told him this 2 months ago and he was really upset. Obviously still steamed about it.
** I told him about the ping system and used the Clickhole example to get him to laugh since little kids love poop stuff. Clearly gave it a remix.

:kimchi:

xposted to the kids saying poo poo thread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

tweet my meat posted:

Dr Disrespect can be fun. Most streamers play up their personality a bit, but not many are straight up playing a character.

Also, did you know that Fatal1ty streams Apex? Was a pretty fun surprise to find out that the biggest name in classic esports was still around, he definitely hasn't lost his touch.

the best disrespect bit was apologizing for his infidelity out of character.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Had an interesting game with pubbies just now.
Skulltown was hot zone, we drop Thunderdome, we all get blue shields and I get a Spitfire, we push Skulltown and... a 10 minute constant battle ensues. When it is over, we are the last team standing in Skulltown and 2 teams remain. We then find a solitary Bangalore hiding in Market.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I think there should be a touch less ammo overall, a lot less shotgun ammo, and more hopups for some of the guns that don't have them just to make it so that you can't reliably find your favorite fully loaded weapons by midgame. Make it a bit more ad hoc

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Do you guys choose your favorite streamers by entertainment or the ones you want to date most? Asking for a friend.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

NO INSTINCT is going to be my victory cry if my squad comes out victorious from a Lootship drop.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

SettingSun posted:

NO INSTINCT is going to be my victory cry if my squad comes out victorious from a Lootship drop.

Love it. Tweet my meat used it for lower skilled people ("no instinct players") and I honestly love that too

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

VulgarandStupid posted:

Do you guys choose your favorite streamers by entertainment or the ones you want to date most? Asking for a friend.

Let's just say my diary is filled with "<3 Mrs. Dudeness UltimateNarutoWeed69 <3" and the like

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Groovelord Neato posted:

probably the two best spots if you wanna get good loot and only have to fight a squad (maybe two) and then move into busier sports are relay or water treatment (dependent on the course the dropship takes ofc).

Relay is prob my fave place to drop. Usually decent to high loot and not too populated unless it's a hot zone or right on the flight path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

esperterra posted:

Relay is prob my fave place to drop. Usually decent to high loot and not too populated unless it's a hot zone or right on the flight path.

My top 3 are Water Treatment, Relay, and Thunderdome.

Post your 3 favorite drop zones (Caustic mains, we know you love Bunker)