Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
you guys remember those witchcraft movies back in the day at rental stores

there were like fifteen of them and they always had like bikini witches on them and poo poo

I wonder if they are available for streaming, I never actually watched one and I wonder what their deal was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you guys remember those witchcraft movies back in the day at rental stores

there were like fifteen of them and they always had like bikini witches on them and poo poo

I wonder if they are available for streaming, I never actually watched one and I wonder what their deal was

You can watch all of them on YouTube or just Google one of the titles and some free streaming site or other will have them, as I have.

We used to rent those and laugh at them when I was in high school, Will Spanner the black magic witch hunter lawyer doctor.

While I have seen just about every Witchcraft movie, very much do not recommend following in my footsteps.

If you have to see one Witchcraft V is probably the most watchable and basically you know everything you need to know about the series from it. It's not good, but it is absolutely a Witchcraft movie:

quote:

An evil warlock takes over a rock club. He uses beautiful, large-breasted and frequently nude women to try to collect enough souls so that he may be able to bring Satan to Earth.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

An evil warlock takes over a rock club. He uses beautiful, large-breasted and frequently nude women to try to collect enough souls so that he may be able to bring Satan to Earth.

Don't doxx me bro

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Speaking of tiddy witch movies, going through the titles of Jim Wynorskis oeuvre chronologically is fascinating

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Speaking of tiddy witch movies, going through the tittles of Jim Wynorskis oeuvre chronologically is fascinating

Fixed that for you

I need more trashy horror VHS in my life

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

ruddiger posted:

I shouldn't be this excited for something this stupid, but I am. I hope they bring back the bounty hunters from the movie. And Charlie!

Soon as I saw the trailer I wonder if Scott Grimes'll make an appearance.

I'm looking forward to it even though I already have someone griping on my facebook how they're going to not waste thier time on it because of the Animal Sanctuary bit. Granted it's been a while since I sat through the movies, but didn't the Crites go through an entire henhouse if not more?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Soon as I saw the trailer I wonder if Scott Grimes'll make an appearance.

I'm looking forward to it even though I already have someone griping on my facebook how they're going to not waste thier time on it because of the Animal Sanctuary bit. Granted it's been a while since I sat through the movies, but didn't the Crites go through an entire henhouse if not more?

Well the first movie does have a pretty silly/good moment when the cat lives, so I could see it being a slight betrayal on that level.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Add Critters to the list of movies I will never watch along with John Wick and Blade Runner

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Add Critters to the list of movies I will never watch along with John Wick and Blade Runner

yeah besides john wick those are good movies

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

from context it seems pretty clear the problem is animal death?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What about Cannibal Holocaust

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
wait what animal dies in Blade Runner? the only animals I even remember in it are the owl and the snake, both of which are synthetic...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

yeah besides john wick those are good movies

I will loving kill you like you touched John Wicks car

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what about veterinary footage of animals being put down

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I will loving kill you like you touched John Wicks car

not if i kill me first!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
You will never make me watch them! You can’t!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

wait what animal dies in Blade Runner? the only animals I even remember in it are the owl and the snake, both of which are synthetic...

Well yeah and like I said the cat lives in Critters.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's weird they give Cannibal Holocaust so much grief for killing real animals but Apocalypse Now gets a pass.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Drunkboxer posted:

Well the first movie does have a pretty silly/good moment when the cat lives, so I could see it being a slight betrayal on that level.

Doesn’t the sequel have a junkyard dog getting eaten?

Oh yeah, and also an Easter bunny gets its dick chomped, but that’s a technicality.

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 1, 2019

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

gey muckle mowser posted:

Dude.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Fart City posted:

Doesn’t the sequel have a junkyard dog getting eaten?

Oh yeah, and also an Easter bunny gets its dick chomped, but that’s a technicality.

Yeah that sounds right. I was really being just trying to be generous, animals are the cliched bloody preamble in monster movies. You got to except a few dog deaths. I do like a good surviving hero pet here and there though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's weird they give Cannibal Holocaust so much grief for killing real animals but Apocalypse Now gets a pass.

Apocalypse Now gets a pass because of the timing - the indigenous people were going to kill the cow in that way at that time and had decided to do so independently of Apocalypse Now being filmed, Coppola just filmed what they were already doing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Critters trailer not available in my country. :smith:

Best original IP horror remake - go!

I think I'm going to go with House on Haunted Hill. It's not the world's finest movie, but it's got some nice atmosphere.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Jedit posted:

I think I'm going to go with House on Haunted Hill. It's not the world's finest movie, but it's got some nice atmosphere.

I don't know about the best, but I can say with 100% certainty that Anthropophagus 2000 is the worst.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't know about the best, but I can say with 100% certainty that Anthropophagus 2000 is the worst.

omg i totally forgot about this one hahah yeah this is by far the worst and it doesnt even have Adam Scott in it

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

I feel like I'm missing something obvious

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I like the Night of the Living Dead remake, it changes enough to be interesting.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Evil Dead 2013 is almost better than Evil Dead original. They're probably around equal.

Actually nah Evil Dead 2013 > Evil dead Original but Evil Dead II > Evil Dead 2013

Evil Dead II > Evil Dead 2013 > Evil Dead > Ash vs. Evil Dead >>>>>>>>>>> Army of Darkness

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Jedit posted:

Haven't seen it since high school. Just about the only thing I remember is being surprised at how much I liked Chris Kattan's character.

My vote is for '88 The Blob. Everything is gooey and amped in the right ways.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I remember seeing that trailer months ago, but I hadn't heard if it got released or not. Did it? Like beyond festivals? I go see most of what's in theaters and I definitely don't remember that coming to theaters here.

Late to this but after it's festival run it was picked up by A24 but it's release was pushed to April this year. It's supposed to be very good and very weird, and was one of the hardest tickets to get at TIFF this year (I didn't get one, and I can normally get into just about everything)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'd say it's a toss-up between it and Master of the Flying Guillotine.

That's probably due to risk aversion more so than anything. The times when studios would give someone like Francis Ford Coppola unlimited funding to shoot his mad vision in Vietnam is sadly past.

Evil Dead 2, Dawn of the Dead (sorta), Drunken Master 2

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

Evil Dead II > Evil Dead 2013 > Evil Dead > Ash vs. Evil Dead >>>>>>>>>>> Army of Darkness

:yeah:

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Kvlt! posted:

Evil Dead 2013 is almost better than Evil Dead original. They're probably around equal.

Actually nah Evil Dead 2013 > Evil dead Original but Evil Dead II > Evil Dead 2013

This is all correct.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

Evil Dead 2, Dawn of the Dead (sorta), Drunken Master 2

Drunken Master 2 is so loving good.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Adlai Stevenson posted:

This is pretty accurate. I just listened to Mick Garris' podcast and he had David Russell on to talk about Blob 88 and Freddy 3, and he was just so happy to have done so many practical effects in that, and how he thought they held up. They absolutely do! It's so good!

However, there's no reason to have "best Horror IP relaunch, because The Thing (82) exists.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Army of Darkness is too big of a game changer in my life to not put it at the top.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Haven't seen it since high school. Just about the only thing I remember is being surprised at how much I liked Chris Kattan's character.

I was sad there was no Blob 2018, it would have been perfect.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Army of Darkness is too big of a game changer in my life to not put it at the top.

I rid my body of dangerous stomach parasites using the Ash Williams teapot method to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ranking AoD that low is bonkers. It’s not horror but it’s still fantastic.