Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Alarbus posted:

The Costco wipes are better because they don't tear. Huggies wipes are the worst.

If you look at ingredients and nutritional values, the Kirkland formula is basically standard Similac, as it's made by Abbott Labs. The Similac Pro Advance is the newer formula, but not available as the Costco brand.

Independent of Costco, if you're going the all formula route, buy https://babybrezza.com/products/formula-pro You can get a coupon buy signing up for their email for like 25% off, but this is the best thing every. Just clean it regularly, and it'll work perfectly. Need 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 ounces at 3am while you're sleep deprived? Hit the button and you're ready to go!

I'm super tempted to buy that because currently I spent part of my day measuring out 1.5 scoops before hand so I have formula ready to go when he wakes up and starts screaming.

On the other hand, I can save $200 by using a kitchen scale.

Taima posted:

My work’s kitchen started carrying these protein bars and they taste alright i guess (its more the texture thats good) but they’re 400 calories per bar...

The Fit Crunch bars? I'm looking at one right now, it's 190 calories and 16g of protein. You can get bars with 30g of protein but they taste like butt.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yup.

And while I generally hate pre-shredded parm of any kind, the Kirkland grated aged Parmigiano Reggiano is AMAZING. Love it.

It's by far my favorite grated cheese, just short of buying a brick and grating it yourself. Except grating your own cheese is a huge pain in the rear end and creates extra dishes so all in all I prefer the costco parm.

As for the pesto, it's not as good as homemade pesto but it's still pretty good and a heck of a lot easier. And unless you're growing your own basil, buying in the quantity you need for pesto can get pretty expensive. Not that I haven't put a lot of effort in comparing prices, but the Costco pesto is one of those things that I keep buying because it's pretty good and not worth all the extra effort of making it myself for such a small improvement in quality.

I like to put the pesto over the fresh spinach raviolis that you can find in the cheese/deli meat section. It's a 10 minute dinner that's so drat good.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

Renegret posted:

And unless you're growing your own basil.......

Paging Tuyop to the thread!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Basil is a weed; once it gets roots down, a single bush will grow way more then you could ever use.

It grows well indoors, too.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Renegret posted:

I'm super tempted to buy that because currently I spent part of my day measuring out 1.5 scoops before hand so I have formula ready to go when he wakes up and starts screaming.

On the other hand, I can save $200 by using a kitchen scale.
God I know that 3 am haze-filled adrenaline rush.

"Oh god oh god he's stirring please don't cry please just wait a second"

My wife and I looked at that Baby Formula Keurig thing and the general reviews said they were grody, didn't heat well after the first 4 oz and needed a lot of cleaning.

So instead we bought a Japanese Zojirushi insulated tumbler. We use our kettle to heat up about 18oz of water at like 9pm and the thing keeps it toasty warm all night. Doesn't get to room temp until like noon the following day -- just be careful not to keep the water too hot in it if you'll use it soon. We temper it with filter Brita room temp water if it's too hot, but that really helped the feeding ritual since we weren't waiting 2-3 minutes for hot water while the kiddo wails and destroys your sanity.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I got a costco card this weekend it is for shoppong at costco

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I got a costco card this weekend it is for shoppong at costco

get BEEFY you absolute loving nincompoop

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Renegret posted:

It's by far my favorite grated cheese, just short of buying a brick and grating it yourself. Except grating your own cheese is a huge pain in the rear end and creates extra dishes so all in all I prefer the costco parm.
Have you tried a rotary grater?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

We all are, Costco

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

poo poo discusso: luvs are actually drat good, but the co' don't carry em. Gotta go to a grocery store like a normie.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Diaper genies are terrible and I hate ours but costco has good deals on refills.

gently caress diaper genies tho :argh:

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..

priznat posted:

Diaper genies are terrible and I hate ours but costco has good deals on refills.

gently caress diaper genies tho :argh:

Mind elaborating on why you hate yours? New dad to a now 2 month old and ours seems to be doing just fine. Guess my only complaint is the loud snap it makes from the spring when I hit the end of the bags and need to install a replacement. My wife got some off-brand refills from Target that we haven't gotten to yet. I also kind of wish the bags could fill up the container more instead of being a long rear end snake.

Boy I just realized how much I freaking love the Marinated Artichoke Hearts and 4-Bean Salad from Costco.. I can't seem to find the bean salad at ANY of the grocery stores I usually frequent. I load up my salads with them and the artichokes a lot lately!

All Hail Costco

edit: fuuuck re-reading this post, laughing at how old af I sound...

El Duderino fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 1, 2019

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

El Duderino posted:

Mind elaborating on why you hate yours? New dad to a now 2 month old and ours seems to be doing just fine. Guess my only complaint is the loud snap it makes from the spring when I hit the end of the bags and need to install a replacement. My wife got some off-brand refills from Target that we haven't gotten to yet. I also kind of wish the bags could fill up the container more instead of being a long rear end snake.

Boy I just realized how much I freaking love the Marinated Artichoke Hearts and 4-Bean Salad from Costco.. I can't seem to find the bean salad at ANY of the grocery stores I usually frequent. I load up my salads with them and the artichokes a lot lately!

All Hail Costco

edit: fuuuck re-reading this post, laughing at how old af I sound...

I really hate how it will snag on the edges which are very sharp, and how the plastic thing will break easily. Mostly due to user error because my wife is hella lazy and leaves it to me to empty so it can get so over filled something breaks.

But mostly I don’t like it because it ties you into buying the drat refills when it is really only marginally better than a regular garbage pail you empty regularly.

And yet we still use it!!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
Yea, we have something like this. Cheaper than a diaper genie to begin with and bags are dirt cheap and not that annoying to change. I suppose if you really hate even a tiny bit of diaper smell perhaps a diaper genie would be worth it, but you're pretty much desensitized to it once a baby starts solid foods.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

poo poo discusso: luvs are actually drat good, but the co' don't carry em. Gotta go to a grocery store like a normie.

Amazon. BJ's carries Luvs in 3+ (or, at least mine does) but it's the same price as Amazon and also then you're going to BJ's.

I secretly like BJ's but I have no reason to go there ever. It's less crowded during the day, you get a different selection of products than Costco (not necessarily better, but still different), and there's more name brand products if you're looking for something specific. When I worked there 10 years ago the food court sucked balls, but last time I went the "food court" was a Dunkin Donuts which I'm going to say is a notable improvement.

e: Also BJ's carries King Oscar Sardines while Costco only carries the inferior Season brand boneless skinless filets. Every so often I'll steal my parent's BJ's card or sign up for the free 3 month membership and buy like 5 boxes of sardines.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 1, 2019

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Costco sardines do suck, major shame. The Seasons brand just taste like mush.

If they carried Wild Planet or King Oscar Costco would be truly unbeatable.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I like the Seasons brand. They're nice and meaty, not too salty or fishy.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Renegret posted:

I secretly like BJ's

hell, same

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Nooner posted:

hell, same

It's a thankless job but somebody has to do it.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Captain Beans posted:

Costco sardines do suck, major shame. The Seasons brand just taste like mush.

If they carried Wild Planet or King Oscar Costco would be truly unbeatable.

My Costco seems to alternate between Seasons and Wild Planet.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
lmao at anyone who has to buy diapers just lmfao

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

lmao at anyone who has to buy diapers just lmfao

Seriously, wtf do you think tupperware is for (this was actually a thing)

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Lazyhound posted:

Have you tried a rotary grater?

Rotary graters are awesome, but even better is to put a few ounces in the food processor and buzz it for a while. I keep the grated cheese in the freezer and it's ready whenever I need it.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
How the gently caress is a food processor, or even this rotary thing, easier cleanup than a normal cheese grater? How many dishes are you all using? A plate and the grater is all you need. Which if you rinse off quickly with hot water and a little soap is ready to use again. What the gently caress.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Less blood to cleanup when you sHrEd YoUr KnUCkS AAAAAA

fruity no gay
May 7, 2018

by Cyrano4747

Big Data posted:

How the gently caress is a food processor, or even this rotary thing, easier cleanup than a normal cheese grater? How many dishes are you all using? A plate and the grater is all you need. Which if you rinse off quickly with hot water and a little soap is ready to use again. What the gently caress.

there are many ways to cut the cheese

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

priznat posted:

Less blood to cleanup when you sHrEd YoUr KnUCkS AAAAAA

The real problem is that I had to throw out an entire batch of freshly shredded mozzarella because I couldn't find the tip of my pinky.

Did you know a doctor can just glue a cut shut if it won't stop bleeding and there's nothing to stitch? Because I didn't.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Renegret posted:

The real problem is that I had to throw out an entire batch of freshly shredded mozzarella because I couldn't find the tip of my pinky.

Did you know a doctor can just glue a cut shut if it won't stop bleeding and there's nothing to stitch? Because I didn't.

Yah superglue owns. Now you are a glue cyborg.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Renegret posted:

I couldn't find the tip of my pinky.

:gonk:

I hadnt been in costco for a few years and stoked to buy a bunch of cheese for like 2x the amount for half the price of regular market gonna fancy up some baller freaking charcuterie boards in the near future :getin:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Nooner posted:

:gonk:

I hadnt been in costco for a few years and stoked to buy a bunch of cheese for like 2x the amount for half the price of regular market gonna fancy up some baller freaking charcuterie boards in the near future :getin:

It's a Renegret family tradition to cut off the tip of one of your fingers in an incredibly dumb way so really it's just a rite of passage.

My father cut off the tip of his thumb on a deli meat slicer.

My brother got his index finger with a bread knife while cutting a bagel. I think he's done it again since then because his knife technique is terrible.

I got my pink with a cheese grater. The eggplant parm was worth it.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Cock Sucker posted:

You do it like once every three months and stick it in the dishwasher afterwards?

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Sounds delicious eating frozen 3 month old cheese, sure.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zombie Dachshund posted:

You do it like once every three months and stick it in the dishwasher afterwards?

The whole point of freshly grating cheese is that it tastes better when it's fresh, no?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
preshredded cheese is covered in cellulose powder

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
preshredded cellulose is covered in cheese powder

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DELETE CASCADE posted:

preshredded cellulose is covered in cheese powder

i fuckin love cheetos

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Renegret posted:

I mean the only reason this is bad in a restaurant setting is you don't want to trust kitchen randos to be drug/disease free (plus weird eww) but in your own house? Eating your own pinky?

Sounds to me like you just don't love cheese enough.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

tangy yet delightful posted:

I mean the only reason this is bad in a restaurant setting is you don't want to trust kitchen randos to be drug/disease free (plus weird eww) but in your own house? Eating your own pinky?

Sounds to me like you just don't love cheese enough.

It wasn't my idea to throw the cheese out. My mother wasn't really happy with the idea of feeding a piece of her son to the entire family for whatever reason :shrug:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I got a giant wheel of brie from costco for like ten bucks and it was real good.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My wife can't eat dairy so we don't buy cheese from Costco much but we were holding a reception and got the assorted sliced cheese platter and a few of the guests mentioned how good the cheese was (paired with Carr's water crackers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Whenever my inlaws go to the US for shoppin they bring me back a couple bricks of Tillamook cheese from the costco there which is like manna from heaven.

It has been a while and I am missing it p hard.