Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Unless the spoilers involve Bayonetta nothing can faze me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My will is strong, I will not watch.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

RBX posted:

My will is strong, I will not watch.

Foolish

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Trish looks like Sandahl Bergman to me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I watched the trailer.

Easy Mode is now selectable.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Omobono posted:

Are there any spoilers on who V is? He's obviously connected to Mundus in some way (what with Griffon, Phantom and Nightmare). Or he could be a random demon summoner that managed to tap into hell's top lieutenants, but somehow I don't think it's the latter.

My wild guess is that he's a human conduit of some sort in order to bring Vergil back. Twist it up, because Urizel is someone brand new and Vergil's back to save the day! Somehow. And gets to watch Dante die this time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My will is weak actually and I watched it. That wasn't spoiler-y at all unless you somehow haven't watched anything on the game before. It didn't even show much gameplay or any new enemies/bosses. Whoever did the trailers did an excellent job. I gotta go watch the anime and find a translation for that prequel book. I saw Lucia's picture with everyone else's in it which is interesting.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Omobono posted:

Are there any spoilers on who V is? He's obviously connected to Mundus in some way (what with Griffon, Phantom and Nightmare).

In an interview one of the composer for the soundtrack said that he composed the music for Vergil, though they are calling him V this time around. It's still possible he got things wrong, not being super close to the project, but that seems to seal it.

Source of the spoiler (EDIT): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/481579148825985045/550820860404170772/1551394262746.png

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 1, 2019

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

worth mentioning that if you're a PC player and the type to preorder, gmg has the deluxe edition on discount to the point where it's about the price of standard, so if you want all the bells and whistles effectively for free that's your best bet

the standard edition is discounted to about $45 if you don't care about bells and whistles at all

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I played through DMC3 and 4 many time at this point but never played DMC1, is it worth playing at this point?
I'd ask the same about DMC2 but I'm pretty sure I know the answer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I mean DMC 1 is where we see Nelo Angelo and the shadow cat V uses for the first time. I think it's something you'd enjoy at least one if you played DMC3 and 4. It doesn't have the personality of those games, though, since it was kind of a new thing. I remember when it first came out I mostly found Dante's personality groan-worthy, and the ending has voice acting that is pretty laughable. Maybe watch an LP? AccountingNightmare did a great one back in the days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCAsl9Lo0MM

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OH GOD! Where's Reuben?! :stonk:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I need to find a DMC wiki and start reading, I'm missing all these connections to the past games. I skipped 2, only played maybe half of 4, and barely remember 1 and 3. I couldn't tell you what was spoilery about that last trailer aside from Vergil who I think is supposed to be dead?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

acksplode posted:

I need to find a DMC wiki and start reading, I'm missing all these connections to the past games. I skipped 2, only played maybe half of 4, and barely remember 1 and 3. I couldn't tell you what was spoilery about that last trailer aside from Vergil who I think is supposed to be dead?

He's been assumed dead since 1, but a demon exploding into blue flame doesn't have the same hard finality of getting loving blasted to pieces you need to stay down in anime

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DMC1 is an interesting look into the genesis of this genre of high octane action game, but is very antiquated by today's standards. Dante also was basically a posturing jackass without any of the goofy pizza-munching charm of the later games. I remember it being a quick game to beat so that LP recommended earlier would probably be a good choice

DMC2 was considered to be terrible even by the standards of the time. It's kind of a miracle how much they turned things around with the third game

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Game cleared screen leaked

https://imgur.com/b9MOUB1

Linked because there's a pretty big spoiler on it.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Game cleared screen leaked

https://imgur.com/b9MOUB1

Linked because there's a pretty big spoiler on it.

I'm not seeing anything spoilery?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Squidtentacle posted:

I'm not seeing anything spoilery?

In the lower right corner you can see Vergil behind Nero's render. However, there's a strong debate going over whether he's photoshopped from the trailer or if is legit.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's Nero.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Yeah that's definitely Nero. The coat and hairstyle are 100% his.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Just a random thought.

So if you look at Dante in chronological order he starts by being a young party punk, then his brother goes MIA so he gets gothic and depressed and acquires a taste for booze and strawberry sundaes.
Then he randomly figures out that he's and uncle so his uncle instincts kick in and he goes back to being a churaizeh party hobo again.

Sounds about right?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually canonically now all Cowboy Boots are post-Uncle so this checks out.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
It's weird that Dante actually has a pretty compelling character arc given that he was clearly designed based off whatever the director thought was cool at the time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sorry this is off-topic kind of, but is there some trick to getting the mash moves to come out in DMC3? I cannot for the life of me get them to consistently come out.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The higher your style rank the easier they are to pull off

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

fadam posted:

Sorry this is off-topic kind of, but is there some trick to getting the mash moves to come out in DMC3? I cannot for the life of me get them to consistently come out.

they are bufferable too so if you start mashing before the "mash point" or whatev it'll count towards it
easy example is like if you do helm breaker->keep mashing melee->stinger, you'll go into million stabs right away

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cool, thanks for the tips. This game is fun but it's kicking my rear end.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There was some fuckery with DMC3s difficulty but I don't remember the details.

Didn't the western version of DMC3 have Hard mode be called the Normal mode and Normal be called Easy? Something like that?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That been a non factor after the special edition.

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
In preparation for DMC5 I've been playing through the DMC games for the first time this past week. An hour ago I thought I would finish the last few levels of DMC3 and start up DMC4 by now; I was wrong. Vergil 3 is a real rear end in a top hat. That is all.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, so the prequel novel has also made canon the original DMC novel.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
So at this point, is anything besides DmC non-canon?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DanielCross posted:

So at this point, is anything besides DmC non-canon?

The DMC2 novel I guess.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
DMC The Last Judgment

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i like how they don't address gilver at all despite him being the directly responsible thing for grue's death

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fereydun posted:

i like how they don't address gilver at all despite him being the directly responsible thing for grue's death

They kind of do.

The novel mentions that Mundus created an artificial demon (described as being made of blackness) using Dante, Sparda and Vergil's combat data and send him off after Dante

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also

Final boss has been leaked.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

"Quakpot!"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay there are actual spoilers going around now. These will probably be seen on youtube over the week so I'd recommend watching out for them even though Capcom's been killing what's been showing up. If you wanna remain unknowing of what's in the game then I suggest being very careful where look IE reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Accidentally spoiled myself while looking for that "Legacy" song that was in the trailer. Oh, well.

Game still looks pretty dope, and I can't wait.