Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
He’s actually a surprisingly small underdog. I really think Usman sucks rear end and doesn’t have much of anything for Woodley. Maybe pace/cardio, but I don’t think Woodley is all that vulnerable of gassing out anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
seems like he is just a better version of colby which could give tyron some problems

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

seems like he is just a better version of colby which could give tyron some problems

How exactly?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is this

woodley's winning

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JaySB posted:

How exactly?

tiring him out with wrestling? i dont think its gonna happen personally

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

i think the opposite .. if anyones giving woodley some problems its probably colby. but i dont see colby giving woodley any real problems either

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
who was it that colby last fought where he just smothered him for 5 rounds, rda? .. i seriously thought he would tire before 3 doing that. but he kept going .. he might have the personality of a mound of dirt and and look like a babys head stuck on to a normal persons body, and a name that sounds like an award winning variety of cheese, but that impressed me

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
rory would beat tyron down again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

like i know its fun to dunk on woodley but you have to be blind to not see how much he has improved as a fighter since the first wonderboy fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Skip My Posts posted:

rory would beat tyron down again

Maybe, but Tyron has improved a bit since then, and Rory has taken a staggering amount of damage between the Lawler, Thompson, and Lima fights.

But yeah Rory is pretty much the blueprint for how to beat Tyron - good enough wrestling to make it so that Tyron can't easily outwrestle him, good outside striking, and good cardio. Psychotic fearlessness helps too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

like i know its fun to dunk on woodley but you have to be blind to not see how much he has improved as a fighter since the first wonderboy fight.

for this to happen i'd have to watch a woodley fight, and i've already learned my lesson on that one, twice

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he has def improved and it also seems like he's way less whiny than when he first got the belt

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah I’ve lost most of my ill will against Woodley, especially after the Till fight

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

CommonShore posted:

Maybe, but Tyron has improved a bit since then, and Rory has taken a staggering amount of damage between the Lawler, Thompson, and Lima fights.
That mousasi fight did him no favours either

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Biafraid posted:

That mousasi fight did him no favours either

Holy poo poo I had entirely forgotten about that.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

CommonShore posted:

Holy poo poo I had entirely forgotten about that.

so did Rory

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

Put 200 on Anthony smith at +575.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

HamsterPolice posted:

godspeed sir

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HamsterPolice posted:

America, nay... the world, salutes you sir :patriot:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

HamsterPolice posted:

good luck mang

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
10 at +265 for Sanchez over Gall
10 bucks Askren at -280
10 bucks Stephens over Zabit +195
1 buck +7168 on Stephens/Sanchez/Smith
5 bucks +977 on Stephens/Sanchez
5 bucks +107 on Askren/Woodley
5 bucks + 105 on Torres
4 bucks +325 on Torres/Woodley/Askren

Prediction: watch me turn 50 bucks into 10.

Betting on Diego Sanchez in 2019 is probably gonna burn me but I feel like him being +265 against a guy who was supposed to lose to CM Punk and Sage is not a bad deal.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

CRISPYBABY posted:

+265 against a guy who was supposed to lose to CM Punk and Sage

eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
10k on lawyer at +225

1k parlay on Anthony Smith, woodley and lawler that pays like 25 to 1 if my math is correct.

If lawler wins I might put 5k on Smith just for my pure hatred of jones.

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

jase1 posted:

10k on lawyer at +225

1k parlay on Anthony Smith, woodley and lawler that pays like 25 to 1 if my math is correct.

If lawler wins I might put 5k on Smith just for my pure hatred of jones.

Goddamn...

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Go Smith!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anthony smith has hit +575

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

anthony smith has hit +575

More on some sights. Always use BestFightOdds.com to gauge the market.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
If only I could get those bookmaker odds at +700.

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

Bovada has Smith as +1100 to win by TKO, KO or DQ. I don't think he will win by decision.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
yeah thats probably a nice enough bet. i've learned my lesson though .. i only profit betting on cycing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
though i think he can win by decison too. so +600 should be worth it for any type of win. let me be very clear and say that he probably wont though

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
time for my dumb loving picks:

Lawler at +225 seems good? i didn't like the vibe at weigh-ins, but i'm not sure askren has proved himself enough to be that big of a favorite

Garbrandt at -155 is good. he's wrecked everyone but TJ and TJ is very good.

betting diego at +190 is a complete homer pick. diego's mug game looked good this week

bovada's giving -175 to tyson and +145 to usman. that seems right on.

stephens at +210 seems like good odds for a really good puncher's chance. zabit seems like he could start trading and lose that battle.

smith at +550 seems like super rarely good. i don't think he takes it more than 20% of the time.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
id take tyron at -175. well, im not going to though.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I posted:

that's like what, 65 percent or something? you think woodley wins more often than that? usman seems like he's good, but i always underestimate tyron.

e: also, make the bet

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

I.N.R.I posted:

ok

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Lawler at +225 seems good? i didn't like the vibe at weigh-ins, but i'm not sure askren has proved himself enough to be that big of a favorite

Askren is seriously good and people aren't respecting him enough if they're taking the other side of this bet only on the reason that Askren hasn't fought Quality People.

And I'm not sure about Cody, I don't think think he's getting better.

HamsterPolice fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 2, 2019

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

that's like what, 65 percent or something? you think woodley wins more often than that? usman seems like he's good, but i always underestimate tyron.

e: also, make the bet

usman is good for sure. i think woodley is too strong though. anyway, since i showed my rear end, i'll put small one on woodley to win by decision.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

HamsterPolice posted:

Askren is seriously good and people aren't respecting him enough if they're taking the other side of this bet only on the reason that Askren hasn't fought Quality People.

And I'm not sure about Cody, I don't think think he's getting better.

i'm not sure he needs to get better. he lost two fights to TJ, demolished everyone else, and even dropped TJ in their fights. i think he's still really good

I.N.R.I posted:

usman is good for sure. i think woodley is too strong though. anyway, since i showed my rear end, i'll put small one on woodley to win by decision.

that's the poo poo

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

betting diego at +190 is a complete homer pick. diego's mug game looked good this week

bovada's giving -175 to tyson and +145 to usman. that seems right on.

stephens at +210 seems like good odds for a really good puncher's chance. zabit seems like he could start trading and lose that battle.

smith at +550 seems like super rarely good. i don't think he takes it more than 20% of the time.

i actually took all of these(including woodley) except i got better odds. +235, -150, +210, -150 +225, +600.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Smith is now +650 with my book so I’m gonna throw another 1k on that. Those odds are to good for me to pass up. If lawler wins I’m probably gonna dump a lot of that on smith since it’s all house money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

jase1 posted:

Smith is now +650 with my book so I’m gonna throw another 1k on that. Those odds are to good for me to pass up. If lawler wins I’m probably gonna dump a lot of that on smith since it’s all house money.

Why not bet Smith by KO/TKO/Sub/DQ?