Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is way off topic, but I'm still pissed they made Diancie a mythical Pokemon instead of having it be an evolution for Carbink.

That was a bitch move gamefreak, a real bitch move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1101485720403918848?s=21

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Macaluso posted:

What kind of insane lunatic puts loving OSHAWATT in "S" tier. That clown faced motherfucker barely deserves to be in the lowest tier :mad:

I've rolled up my sleeves and I'm angrily stomping over to your town to give you a right proper whuppin'

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

The secret is that all Pokemon are S-tier

Except the monkey trio

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I can accept people having favourite pokemon, that's normal and understandable.

What is not acceptable is throwing other people's favourites in the trash!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Like Clockwork posted:

Except the gen 3 fireflies

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is way off topic, but I'm still pissed they made Diancie a mythical Pokemon instead of having it be an evolution for Carbink.

That was a bitch move gamefreak, a real bitch move.

Not pissed about it, but I fully agree that it was a completely stupid thing to do.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Like Clockwork posted:

Except the monkey trio

:hai:

Amppelix posted:

I can accept people having favourite pokemon, that's normal and understandable.

What is not acceptable is throwing other people's favourites in the trash!

But some Pokemon are literally bags of trash!

I have a soft spot for Illumise because it was my sweet scenter in X which finally allowed me to trigger a Taillow horde after looking for one for quite literally months

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
SMH that people don't just use the first 6 bugs they meet every game.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Clarste posted:

SMH that people don't just use the first 6 bugs they meet every game.

It's really nice because the Butterfree, Beautifly and Ninjask/Shedinja lines are some of my favorite evo families in the game :shobon:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Compoundeyes Vivillon spoiled us

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

With poke bank I now use the same 6 pokemon and ignore the other 800 because they’re all trash.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Anyone who likes Monferno is a septic gutter person not to be taken seriously and that's that. :hb:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Controversial opinion: All Pokémon are good. I know this because I have a Nuzlocke-Champion Illumise.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
If Grookey is "Passimian and Oranguru but useable" then I'll be happy. Some of the best new designs, but Pass is easily outclassed by other fighting types and Guru is only useful in double battles, which GF clearly don't really care about.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Chill Penguin posted:

If Grookey is "Passimian and Oranguru but useable" then I'll be happy. Some of the best new designs, but Pass is easily outclassed by other fighting types and Guru is only useful in double battles, which GF clearly don't really care about.

Except for that doubles are their official tournament format.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Grookey is growing on me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah they encourage doubles for multiplayer and balance a lot around them

... then never really use them in the games except in gen 4 I think?

It's weird.

Gibbering posted:

Grookey is growing on me.

Same, still prefer the others though, but gonna wait til final evos to decide. Hope the designs in general are as strong as last gen, gen 7's probably my favourite design wise.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

How long was it between the announcement of SuMo and us learning about Alolan Forms?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Please tell me who drew these so I can give them my money

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Looks like Lets Go Evee is gonna be $30 if you have a local Meijer.

https://weeklyad.meijer.com/flyers/...r_run_id=420274

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

Please tell me who drew these so I can give them my money

https://sicklizardman.tumblr.com

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ariong posted:

How long was it between the announcement of SuMo and us learning about Alolan Forms?

The youtube trailer for Z-moves and Alolan Exeggutor went up on Aug 1st, but they were probably leaked in CoroCoro earlier than that, presumably mid July.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

How hard is Mimikyu to catch? Since false swipe doesn’t even effect him, I’m spinning my wheels murdering him everyone.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Ometeotl posted:

The youtube trailer for Z-moves and Alolan Exeggutor went up on Aug 1st, but they were probably leaked in CoroCoro earlier than that, presumably mid July.

I don't think that Alolan forms were leaked as I remember being genuinely shocked at the news (which wouldn't have happened if they were leaked earlier).

Corocoro is usually available during the middle of the month so leaks usually occur a few days beforehand. Around the 9th to 12th of a given month.

So I expect a similar date for a new mechanic to be revealed.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

chaosapiant posted:

How hard is Mimikyu to catch? Since false swipe doesn’t even effect him, I’m spinning my wheels murdering him everyone.

you can use soak to turn it into a water type and false swipe it. but regardless i would say not very hard

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

chaosapiant posted:

It's not that bad. I premier balled my Pika-Boo

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://gonintendo.com/stories/329991-rumor-does-this-pokemon-the-movie-mewtwo-strikes-back-evolutio

Well then

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RUMOR - DOES THIS POKEMON THE MOVIE: MEWTWO STRIKES BACK EVOLUTION MERCH POINT TO A NEW FEATURE IN POKEMON SWORD & SHIELD?

answer no

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

hopeandjoy posted:

I should clarify that I'm talking about the primary single player RPG experience.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

TaurusOxford posted:

I have a hard time accepting that anyone is a "hardcore" fan of a 4kids dub.

Yeah, the original dub is not good. It's very bad. The Pokemon 4Kids dub was fine back in the day when I was 11 or 12 and every 90s cartoon I watched had annoyingly wacky, corny humor and jelly donuts. It was part of that era of dubbing anime in the most easily marketable goofy way to kids... but uh I don't know if anyone's watched the original Pokemon dub as an adult. The random rear end cornball humor thrown in every second, totally amateur lack of competent voice direction, any nuance, silence, or subtlety removed from the script, lazy rear end evisceration of Japanese culture references, and the honestly lovely voice acting quality itself makes it really tough to watch for more than an episode or two. I don't really understand the nostalgia for Team Rocket, Ash, Misty, any of their original dub performances, because they aren't talented or even particularly memorable except through rose-colored glasses from when you were 10 years old.

It's not even unique to Pokemon for the era either. Lots and lots of blatantly garbage anime dubs people have mass nostalgia for from those days like Digimon or Yu-gi-oh are just as trashy. Try watching Digimon Adventure in Japanese without the hilariously bad English dub and being like "Oh, this was actually really cool and emotional sometimes, not corny as balls."

Now Japanese Jessie and James is good as hell. I can see having nostalgia for how excellent and hilarious Megumi Hayashibara and Shinichiro Miki are in the original seasons. They're still amazing!!!

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 2, 2019

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Dehry posted:

After Ash got his final badge in Kanto, they began a training arc for the Elite Four based around him being back in Pallet Town. In one of them the circus comes to town and ash dresses like a Mr. Mime for plot reasons. A real one wanders back to his house and Ash's mom thinks it's him. It starts living with her doing chores and has been a recurring character since.

You know, when I was 12, I was into Pokemon Red/Blue, and decided to try reading the manga to see if I wanted to watch the TV show, since I could start it from the beginning. I remember getting to the part (please excuse me if this is wrong, it's been 20+ years) seeing Ash steal Misty's bike, trash her bike, and then refuse to pay for it like lol sorry I'm gonna go on adventures now. I remember thinking, "Wow, this guy is an rear end in a top hat, I don't wanna watch a show about him," and proceeded to funnel my money into games, cards, and dolls.

It bothers me to think that if I had stuck with it, what might have been.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
you could have watched a mediocre kids show, but instead you didn't

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Catalina posted:

You know, when I was 12, I was into Pokemon Red/Blue, and decided to try reading the manga to see if I wanted to watch the TV show, since I could start it from the beginning. I remember getting to the part (please excuse me if this is wrong, it's been 20+ years) seeing Ash steal Misty's bike, trash her bike, and then refuse to pay for it like lol sorry I'm gonna go on adventures now. I remember thinking, "Wow, this guy is an rear end in a top hat, I don't wanna watch a show about him," and proceeded to funnel my money into games, cards, and dolls.

I was like 7 when I first started playing these games and thought the anime was boring and bad even back then, I don't think we made the wrong choice bud

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It is kinda hosed up that Ash has trashed multiple bikes and probably had paid back for none them.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Catalina posted:

What might've been was the slow sinking realization that a show you loved was actually trash and was never going to give you the satisfaction of finishing Ash's story arc. You made the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Serious opinions itt about a lovely cartoon show made to promote a trend that was even notoriously lovely among said lovely genre