Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I stumbled onto a new series that is okay.

https://mangadex.org/title/34649/the-high-school-boys-are-hungry-again-today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

!!!
That's a nice surprise at the end there.

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 16, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hisssssssss interlopersssss

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
New Cooking Subtext Sisters. https://mangadex.org/chapter/543408/1
New Dungeon Meshi: https://mangadex.org/chapter/542882/1

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Cooking sisters was already linked champ

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh, I see, clickable image. Mah bad.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We still haven't really seen people competently prepare some xeno-food. I'd like for maybe a moment of some cross cultural culinary dishes that aren't just throwing space lice in a pot.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Alcohol is for Married Couples
a fun night at the movies.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Kumika no Mikaku
its time for the festival episode.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just discovered that there are about 15 chapters of Nobunaga's Chef that aren't on Mangadex. And they also have a chapter of Addicted to Curry, for anyone interested.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

been awhile, but two new Isekai Sisters
When last we left, the Queen came by and is being taught a meal to cook for her family.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
A new chapter of cooking sisters is here!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Misoshiru de Kanpai!
:bignews: Zen's Dad shaved!?! also is maybe going to remarry?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

More Kumika.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Tondemo Skill
Time to rank up and what better way than to kill some gobbos.
Sui is such a good boy(s)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Huzzah! posted:

new Tondemo Skill
Time to rank up and what better way than to kill some gobbos.
Sui is such a good boy(s)

pew pew

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

New Kumika no Mikaku and Bonus chapter
The gang goes out drinking and reminisce as summer fades into fall. And we see some of Kumika's life on her home planet.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh. I thought this was the last volume. Super glad it isn't, fall should be fun. :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It is revealed that Kumika has good taste in chairs

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I've been behind on updating with food manga chapters, I am ashamed.

Are You Going to Eat? has a new chapter about Hangover Soup. Sounds yummy.

Here's a food manga I never really brought up because it didn't seem like anyone else noticed/wasn't interested, but I've been following it since it started getting translations and it just finished with its last chapter.

Hime no Dameshi

I like Hime no Dameshi because it's mostly about a lady and her acquaintances either eating some nice classy food, or in the protagonist's case, being super lazy and eating junk food. It gave me some chuckles because unlike a lot of food manga that focuses on the fuzzy feelings of food creating bonds (although there's some of it here), it mostly pokes fun at the MC and the characters can act hilariously petty against one another.

Also I can totally relate with sometimes just wanting to eat carby junk. Give it a read!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Misoshiru de Kanpai!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

New chapter of Food Sisters (the non-isekai variety.)

Compendium posted:

Hime no Dameshi

I like Hime no Dameshi because it's mostly about a lady and her acquaintances either eating some nice classy food, or in the protagonist's case, being super lazy and eating junk food. It gave me some chuckles because unlike a lot of food manga that focuses on the fuzzy feelings of food creating bonds (although there's some of it here), it mostly pokes fun at the MC and the characters can act hilariously petty against one another.

Also I can totally relate with sometimes just wanting to eat carby junk. Give it a read!
This is what a food manga would be if the main character was a goon instead of a chef with years of experience.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Compendium posted:

I've been behind on updating with food manga chapters, I am ashamed.

Are You Going to Eat? has a new chapter about Hangover Soup. Sounds yummy.
Nacho needs food badly.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Being Korean but not being able to eat spicy food must be hell.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Kumika no Mikaku
The gang have a moon watching party. Will they find any moon rabbits?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

last volume :(

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Hot off the scanlation presses - This Summon Kitchen Skill is Amazing! ~Amassing Points by Cooking in Another World
An office lady is accidentally summoned to another world with a high school girl and while the other girl has the skills to be the legendary saintess, the office lady only has Summon Kitchen. Well, guess ill make some bacon and eggs

Only one chapter but so far looks ok.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Huzzah! posted:

Hot off the scanlation presses - This Summon Kitchen Skill is Amazing! ~Amassing Points by Cooking in Another World
An office lady is accidentally summoned to another world with a high school girl and while the other girl has the skills to be the legendary saintess, the office lady only has Summon Kitchen. Well, guess ill make some bacon and eggs

Only one chapter but so far looks ok.

On the one hand, I'm usually easy going when it comes to cooking and isekai and I usually like cooking isekai in general.

But on the other hand, I think it's getting to the point that people who write for the genre are getting REALLY lazy about setup because they know they can expect the audience to get the basic gist of things because lol isekai. Just saying, it's lazy and there's not really much of characterization going on in the first chapter.

It's only one chapter though, so at worst, it'll just be a super light casual and inoffensive read.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The isekai genre is so saturated that I thought that was about the manga where two sisters end up in a fantasy world and one of them does adventure-y things and the other one just hangs out and cooks (because I thought Summon Kitchen was a joke and not literal).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Isekai Sisters has the slight up and up because older sister tends to get an existential crisis every other chapter about being in another world where her little sis is facing a lot of implied danger, both of the world kind and probably political stuff in the palace. And they lost both sets of guardians, their parents and grandparents so that fear of more loss in a strange world no less does weigh on the story.

And that's why we drink :chef:

Compendium fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 9, 2019

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
isekai sisters is also good because it's all from the older sister's pov, and she waits at home while her younger sister goes on dangerous fantasy adventures. we will likely never actually see any of those dangerous fantasy adventures.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's time to cannibalize again in Mermaid Princess with two new chapters after a long period of radio silence.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/581897/1

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nirvana reference right off the bat, good poo poo.

edit: quickly followed by Fury Road?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 9, 2019

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mermaid Princess is so fun and creepy.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Mermaid Princess makes me hungry for a poke bowl.

Gonna treat myself this week.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

:laffo:

To learn more about tempura, read Ode to Kirihito. Brutal.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Tondemo Skill

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I just made Omu-soba (with instant ramen).

It was ok.

Probably would have been better with cabbage, but this runs into the main takeaway I had from this experiment.

If you want to make one of these carb filled Japanese monstrosities, you need to have a giant loving pan, or you will never properly get the omelet to wrap around the filling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Came to post Tondemo, but beaten.

Pretty sure "Omu-soba" with ramen is just "omu-ramen" at that point.

....no, yaki-ramen. Omu-yaki-ramen? I think I'm well into japenglish territory at this point.