Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Because she’s trying to keep focused and controlled for her extremely daunting task of murdering her mutant husband in the middle of a death zone surrounded by monsters of her own making with her daughter running around and a secret agent trying to steal the Murder The Planet virus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
SMH, people love to shame career women for being bad moms

Really telling how no one is shaming Willy B's awful parenting for knowingly injecting himself with "End the World" virus as a matter of pride.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though in the end a lot of Resident evil 2 story isn’t very good because it’s kind of underwritten in a lot of ways. Annette’s probably the worst of it but it’s probably the one way it was to faithful to the original

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't really weird though?

Like have you never a person who cares for their kid but is pretty much businesslike even around them? I had a friend growing up whose mother was entirely like that. It didn't mean she didn't care and when said kid got hurt she became basically a different person.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ironically she did not become a different person after she got hurt.

She actually changed back to who she was in her intro cutscene. Her getting hurt made her care less, until Claire shamed her into doing something

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though in the end a lot of Resident evil 2 story isn’t very good because it’s kind of underwritten in a lot of ways. Annette’s probably the worst of it but it’s probably the one way it was to faithful to the original

Counterpoint: I have never once seen you express a correct opinion.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Really telling how no one is shaming Willy B's awful parenting for knowingly injecting himself with "End the World" virus as a matter of pride.

But you never deal with a lucid, human Birkin, he's always a monster. He also injected himself to try and survive. He does manage to save Sherry despite being monstrous.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I don't believe it. So that big story about RE1.5 and the people who tried to get their hands on it, if it's the one I'm thinking about that I read last year, is now no longer a free read. Guy had it published

I can't read it all there so I can't be sure but it looks that way. Wow. Almost fitting for what a childish squabble the whole thing was.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Oh yes, count me in the 79% who did the right thing and saved Marvin.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

s.i.r.e. posted:

She just cowered and ran like a bitch for most of it, Sherry should have gotten pencils as self defense items to stab Irons with if you get caught, or, the scissors.

Sherry's biggest crime is that she's part of the worst part of the whole game, a railroaded stealth section that you can't speed up even if you know what to do. I liked the section a lot the first time I went through it but it sure is boring on any subsequent runs since it basically becomes a glorified cutscene.

the sherry section is over way faster than the ada section and you also dont have to worry about dying. the ada section is way worse.

marshmallow creep posted:

Perhaps REmake2 takes place in an alternate timeline where Claire and Leon do, in fact, settle down and adopt Sherry, and a puppy, and a parrot, and she learns the piano, and just has a nice, fulfilling childhood with two stable and caring people looking out for her.

the parrot learns to play piano????

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

for whatever its worth William mentions Sherry way before Annette ever does :v:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

rabidsquid posted:

the sherry section is over way faster than the ada section and you also dont have to worry about dying. the ada section is way worse.

Yeah, the Ada section you actually have to do something.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i guess i get to point the beepy thing at the wall

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

"Oh, please do not pursue me, Zombie Marvin!"

Love all the gifs on this page. Sherry playing peekaboo with the mayors daughter, Claire opening the cockroach drawer and going NOPE

"Stupid sexy Licker."

Those are rookie numbers, Sherry.

Also the Sherry section is hardly the most taxing forced stealth section in gaming. Crouch a bit, run a lot, be on the opposite side of whatever furniture Irons is nearby, move quickly when a new path becomes available.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 3, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Gnome de plume posted:

Love all the gifs on this page.

"What the... what is this poo poo supposed to be? Egh."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

Those are rookie numbers, Sherry.

If I was Capcom I would set the Sherry number to '1' just to start a rumor that there was a way to kill Irons.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

rabidsquid posted:

yeah i guess i get to point the beepy thing at the wall

There's also a couple zombies that can gnaw on your rear end, Sherry's part is literally always the exact same without any sort of variation no matter the difficulty. I can never change.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Halfway through Leon B and I have almost no ammo an no healing items. I gotta stop playing this game drunk.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's also a couple zombies that can gnaw on your rear end, Sherry's part is literally always the exact same without any sort of variation no matter the difficulty. I can never change.

Now that I think of it. Sherry's section in the original RE2 used dogs instead of zombies so the developers didn't have to program adult zombies chowing down on a little girl.

Cowards.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 3, 2019

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone else remember there being a licker in the hallway to the cafeteria in the labs? I could swear one showed up there after you go back and use the modulator to get the item pouch in the back room. I saw it on my first run in Leon A, but I've never seen it again.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vakal posted:

Now that I think of it. Sherry's section in the original RE2 used dogs instead of zombies so the developers didn't have to program adult zombies chowing down on a little girl.

Cowards.

Sherry's section actually had zombies, but they would only throw up on her and not grab/bite.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

Cowards.

There were zombies on the B route. They couldn’t grab Sherry though, only vomit on her.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Sherry's section actually had zombies, but they would only throw up on her and not grab/bite.

Oh yeah, that's right. Ada had the dogs didn't she?

I miss the puking zombies.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

Oh yeah, that's right. Ada had the dogs didn't she?

Both had dogs on the A route. Both had zombies on the B route.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Wait, canonically in the remake, am I correct in believing no one leaves with a G sample?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Wait, canonically in the remake, am I correct in believing no one leaves with a G sample?

No, Ada recovers the G-Sample that was thrown into the pit. If you believe Ghost Survivors she grabs it off an umbrella agent but she absolutely recovered it either way.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

rabidsquid posted:

for whatever its worth William mentions Sherry way before Annette ever does :v:
He not only mentions her, he decides to brave the streets of Raccoon City to save Sherry from king cop. What remains of William's consciousness even has the foresight to break the chains on the orphanage door, so as to allow Claire to find Sherry and get her to his lab.

Vakal posted:

Puking zombies are the best.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

No, Ada recovers the G-Sample that was thrown into the pit. If you believe Ghost Survivors she grabs it off an umbrella agent but she absolutely recovered it either way.

So like, the giant bottomless looking shaft that occupies the center of the NEST is only actually goes like 3 or 4 stories down right? And it's actually pretty well lit down there?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caidin posted:

So like, the giant bottomless looking shaft that occupies the center of the NEST is only actually goes like 3 or 4 stories down right? And it's actually pretty well lit down there?

When Leon Kennedy tells the story of fighting Mr. X in NEST its a grueling 3:30 long battle of life and death as he is taken into the bowls of the earth. He only tells it when Ada isn't around because she knows that elevator was for freight and went about one floor down to the rail tunnel and Mr. X was almost completely dead from the explosion so all Leon had to do was walk away.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Trying to sneak past a ceiling Licker in Danger state was a bad idea. 1 frame tongue jab

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

They really haven't said yet. Hunk isn't absolutely confirmed to have one. If "Death's Door" in RE:UC is still canon-ish, then Ada gets out with a "sample" which is actually a big bloody chunk of William Birkin's corpse.

Either way, somebody got out with the G-Virus, since it's still in circulation for a few later games and the Degeneration movie.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I would assume everything is still canon until they explicitly override it with something else. We don't even know if there's going to be a whole new series of remakes or if this was a one-off.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I figure they'll remake 3 and then stop, unless they want to explore the final fall of Umbrella as new content using the new engine and its concepts for a few more games without touching CV or 4. It feels like they're trying for a more localized and grounded take, which 7 did well and 2 kept up with.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

okay so i've heard from many a goon that Resident Evil 6 has surprisingly deep gameplay but it doesn't explain any of it. Is there somewhere that has a good rundown of what the cool poo poo is?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

The cool poo poo is the melee and dodging system that's never explained at all.

Always Be Sliding and when not sliding Always Be Shoulder Checking Monsters and Following It Up With a Melee Attack.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

okay so i've heard from many a goon that Resident Evil 6 has surprisingly deep gameplay but it doesn't explain any of it. Is there somewhere that has a good rundown of what the cool poo poo is?

Basically, you get most of the fun out of it by playing its Mercenaries modes. The counterattacks feel beefy, every character has unique melee attacks, the snapshots let you quickly deal with fast-moving targets, and you have an unusual amount of mobility.

That's all present in the main game, but it's so busy shepherding you through gimmick sections, vehicles, puzzles, and other assorted distractions that you never have the chance to redline the engine. In fact, in Chris's game, it places such an emphasis on taking cover and returning fire that it actively misleads you about what the game is actually good at. If you play Chris's game like you're a Mass Effect Vanguard and keep wading through gunfire to punch a motherfucker with another motherfucker, the game's actually fun.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Resident Evil 6 is a Final Fight game that has guns in it by accident.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Yeah, RE6 Mercenaries mode is so good that you could easily make a sequel out of it by simply adding more content and gameplay modes.

Its unlikely we will see RE6 type of game in a while tho

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Yeah, RE6 Mercenaries mode is so good that you could easily make a sequel out of it by simply adding more content and gameplay modes.

Its unlikely we will see RE6 type of game in a while tho

I promise you. If I ever win the Capcom business I will sit in every meeting trying to convince them to make a GAAS version of RE6 Mercenaries mode.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

Kinda surprised, in retrospect, that there wasn't a Marvin Ghost Survivor.

It's gonna be released alongside the Akuma Ghost Survivor DLC.

C'mon, Capcom, turn that myth into reality. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I want a Leon's Ghosts DLC where you just play as all the incidental people that have died horribly around Leon. From Marvin to Mike.