Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
probably not, iirc excessively dicking around with time risks collapsing not just that timeline but all adjacent ones too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Which work is all this fifth magic stuff from? Tsukihime or something else?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru, which is mostly untranslated, though Goetia's plan in FGO is also supposed to be a hint towards the nature of the fifth.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well, T-M heard how many people loved Carnival Phantasm, heard all the cries for a new one, and decided to make a new Phantasm series.

https://twitter.com/prisma_illya/status/1101044337167613952

...Oh. That's a cruel monkey's paw.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I should probably wait until CCC for FGO is out so I can at least experience the setting a bit more detail than the anime had to offer but

what

what even is Extra? Did Nasu have the flu and watch all the Matrix movies back to back one day? Why's the entire thing couched in the context of a high school? Why is Vlad's master a cannibal fast food restaurant mascot? Why, other than the obvious reason, are so many of the characters returning from FSN, and why isn't there a consistent logic among them? (Rin is kind of the same, Shinji is and yet isn't, and Sakura is basically herself except she's sort of a fabrication?)
the answer to all of these questions is revolutionary girl utena

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Endorph posted:

the answer to all of these questions is revolutionary girl utena

For clarity: this post is not a joke.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, T-M heard how many people loved Carnival Phantasm, heard all the cries for a new one, and decided to make a new Phantasm series.

Maybe it won't be terrible.

I can't stand Prisma Illya and it's not even about questionable content, I just think it's boring.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

What. They have the entire FGO to mine for basically infinite jokes and character interactions and they go for Prisma Illya?

Just.....what.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it's not even new news, they announced the ova 2 months ago, but you didn't hear anyone crying "why type moon!? why did you choose to destroy carnival phantasm by greenlighting another prisma illya animation?? neither of these can exist while the other survives!" back in december

the word "Phantasm" just blew everyone's minds lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

once fgo has a bit more anime under its belt i'm sure they can do a phantasm or something

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
The FGO gag manga is exactly what you'd expect from a FGO Carnival Phantasm, it's pretty good. I have a volume but sadly it's in Japanese and I can't read it though I can tell the gags are supposed to be pretty great

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fgo doesnt really need a carnival phantasm because it makes most of the best possible gags itself

like a comedy kart race is something that already happens in the game

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they could animate the best bits from events and singularities though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my thought was they could adapt some of the event stories, since it'd be nicer to see those transition to animation than the riyo comics (assuming a riyo anime is just adaptations of the strips)

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Just give me Chaldea Gohan dammit

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Robviously posted:

If the title isn’t “CKT” I’d be disappointed.

Or I guess longform “Chaldea Kitchen Team” works too.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Aurora posted:

they could animate the best bits from events and singularities though

I wanna see London animated.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
London is just a worse shinjuku

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Robviously posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNQu4PdCh4

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

was very confused by this knee for a minute

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Robviously posted:

or just a multiple cour emiya gohan

its a loving cooking show with occassional adorable fluff why not just make them literally forever

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All I want to see is Mordred running into Saber and Shirou.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Just saw HF2, it was awesome. The films have been everything I would have wanted out of an adaptation so far, can’t wait for part 3.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saw HF2 like 1 hour and 45 minutes after the above poster, and as a perpetual Sakura stan who has never played F/sn and only flipped through the game CGs and absorbed most of their Fate knowledge through anime culture osmosis, I found myself more engaged in the plot than the action scenes, and given how stellar the fighting parts were, that's saying something.

I'm also glad each part of Heaven's Feel ends on a more happier and hopeful note, which really has me believing in the possibility of a true happy ending.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm also glad each part of Heaven's Feel ends on a more happier and hopeful note, which really has me believing in the possibility of a true happy ending.

I did a double take when I first read this, spent a good while racking my brain thinking of a scene they might have ended the movie on, found the movie online, skipped to the end and finally realised: "right, sarcasm is a thing that exists". Still kind of surprised about the breakpoint they chose, I was almost certain they'd pick another scene to close this part on.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

:allears:

Already got my ticket for March 16th here.

Back when the trilogy was first announced I thought for a while on the logical break points for the films; nailed it for Presage Flower, so I'm hoping I'll get it for Lost Butterfly as well.

I think there's 3 points all close together you could end the 2nd film on, but... there's one scene that'd be perfect to start the third film off with, meaning the scene prior is what they'd have to go with.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Aumanor posted:

I did a double take when I first read this, spent a good while racking my brain thinking of a scene they might have ended the movie on, found the movie online, skipped to the end and finally realised: "right, sarcasm is a thing that exists". Still kind of surprised about the breakpoint they chose, I was almost certain they'd pick another scene to close this part on.

I'm not sarcastic!

HF1 ends up with Shirou coming home to Sakura and realizing that she's The One for him as per standard Hollywood romantic comedy plotlines, and that she'll never leave him.

HF2 ends with Sakura leaving Shirou to shed herself of her dependence on him, confronting and defeating her abuser, and then gets a snazzy makeover to show that she's a newborn person.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the Korean advance screening had like 30 minutes of guest time where the VAs for Sakura and Illya came and answered a few pre-chosen questions.

It was dope.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
what did kadowaki mai say about me

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

:allears:

Already got my ticket for March 16th here.

Back when the trilogy was first announced I thought for a while on the logical break points for the films; nailed it for Presage Flower, so I'm hoping I'll get it for Lost Butterfly as well.

I think there's 3 points all close together you could end the 2nd film on, but... there's one scene that'd be perfect to start the third film off with, meaning the scene prior is what they'd have to go with.

E:NVM, you havent watched it yet. What scene are you thinking of? You can hide the answer in spoilers for those here who are watching those blind.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

The aftermath of everything tumbling down, tumbling down.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

what did kadowaki mai say about me

stinky

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Conspiratiorist posted:

The aftermath of everything tumbling down, tumbling down.

End of day 14?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just, I just want Sakura to be happy.

And I don't care who has to die to make that happen.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Aumanor posted:

E:NVM, you havent watched it yet. What scene are you thinking of? You can hide the answer in spoilers for those here who are watching those blind.

Interested in what scene they thought it'd end on too, but HF2 ended right after. Both movies ended up in really good places, and both had several moments where the scene transitions felt like the movie was about to end, so it was a pleasant surprise when it kept going.

Can't wait for it to be in cinemas here so I can properly follow what happened in the movie

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
One of my friends watched some of the old fate anime and wants to see HF part 2.

She doesn't know Fate super well, what is the most concise way I can explain what she needs to know before watching HF part 2? I'd try to tell her myself but I'd undoubtedly get bogged down in all the stupid details I know. :v:

Apocron posted:

Is any of the TV stuff after Fate/Zero worth watching?

The Waver anime is pretty good.

I'm looking forward to watching Sakura listen to (do I need to spoiler HF stuff?)her crush and her older sister discuss if they should murder her or not.

Endorph posted:

fgo doesnt really need a carnival phantasm because it makes most of the best possible gags itself

like a comedy kart race is something that already happens in the game

Well yeah, but there's plenty of things that would be more entertaining to watch fully animated than with still images.

Clarste posted:

Oh, and there aren't 5 of them because 5 is some special mystical number or anything, it's just something that's only happened 5 times in recorded mage history. There could be a 6th or 7th magic that just haven't happened yet. Edit: Wait, maybe not if the Throne of Heroes is outside of time and all...

The thing about True Magic is that something can be demoted/promoted between magecraft and Magic depending on the mystery around it.

If people learned how to travel through time via purely scientific means, the fifth Magic would become regular magecraft (in theory).

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 3, 2019

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Cuntellectual posted:

One of my friends watched some of the old fate anime and wants to see HF part 2.

She doesn't know Fate super well, what is the most concise way I can explain what she needs to know before watching HF part 2? I'd try to tell her myself but I'd undoubtedly get bogged down in all the stupid details I know. :v:

Needs to watch the Unlimited Blade Works series and HF part 1.

It's just not gonna make sense otherwise.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

thank you for your sacrifice *brings down the knife*

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Grail-kun would approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Happily, it has to be Shinji. Win-win-win.