Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Carecat posted:

The caustic end circle house camp is really toxic (pun), what is even a good counter?

Shoot the base of the trap and it will be destroyed.

Alternatively loot up a bunch of grenades or just wait out the gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Or just run into the gas it does gently caress all

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
If the last team is housecamping it generally means they are either really bad or have very low confidence in their ability to win a fight. Just toss a bunch of nades in there and prove them right

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nice attitude

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
no instinct

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TF2 = Team Fortress 2
TiFa2 = Titanfall 2

thx for coming to my ted talk

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Grenades are really good in this game. Like if you had a hero who didn't have weapons but could carry more grenades, they would probably be overpowered. Also there is nothing quite like the "gently caress you" factor of throwing thermite on a downed opponent.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

esperterra posted:

HATS2 = Team Fortress 2
TF2 = Titanfall 2

fixed

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:wrong:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

esperterra posted:

TF2 = Team Fortress 2
TiFa2 = Titanfall 2

Too many letters my dear Mozart esperterra, too many letters.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Great now I have to rename my sex doll to something other than TiFa2, can't have people thinking I'm a weirdo that fucks Titanfall 2.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

TF|2, because:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i am not good with guns in this game

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i am not good with guns in this game

My professional tip is to keep using guns until you're not not good with guns anymore

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

esperterra posted:

TF2 = Team Fortress 2
TiFa2 = Titanfall 2

tf2 = team fortress 2

the official poo poo is tf|2 for titanfall 2 because of the way the logo looks

edit; this was posted above lmao

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Bohemian Nights posted:

If the last team is housecamping it generally means they are either really bad or have very low confidence in their ability to win a fight. Just toss a bunch of nades in there and prove them right

With Caustic, a good team that is humble enough to accept the advantage it brings will probably be housecamping the final circle too. If they're posted up in a small house with no room to maneuver then they probably suck, but defending a large house with strong sightlines and plenty of room to get away from nades is strong as hell and there's no way to get in that the caustic won't know about. Caustic is like a defensive recon hero in the final circle and it's nearly impossible to flank them.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Asema posted:

tf2 = team fortress 2

the official poo poo is tf|2 for titanfall 2 because of the way the logo looks

edit; this was posted above lmao

TF|2 is also good ty

Literally anything but my mind immediately reading half the Titanfall talk as Team Fortress before reminding myself they abbreviate the same

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I loved Titanfall 2 and literally never played Team Fortress 2 but I still read it as Team Fortress 2 every time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, it's hard to disassociate the abbreviation when it's been shorthand for Team Fortress 2 for over a decade.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

tweet my meat posted:

With Caustic, a good team that is humble enough to accept the advantage it brings will probably be housecamping the final circle too. If they're posted up in a small house with no room to maneuver then they probably suck, but defending a large house with strong sightlines and plenty of room to get away from nades is strong as hell and there's no way to get in that the caustic won't know about. Caustic is like a defensive recon hero in the final circle and it's nearly impossible to flank them.

I'll grant you that it's probably possible to play around a good caustic player in a defensive fashion, but in all my games I have yet to see this mythical unicorn or even lose against a team playing static defense

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when TEE EFF|| (TWO) came out one of my friends told me to get it and now i'm mad i didn't listen to her.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'll grant you that it's probably possible to play around a good caustic player in a defensive fashion, but in all my games I have yet to see this mythical unicorn or even lose against a team playing static defense

The secret is that you don't keep it static. You basically just set up so that the enemy takes the initiative in the fight against your advantageous position, but you still push out when appropriate.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Just had an epiphany on how stupid it is to use mirage when his abilities are complete garbeno

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Titanfall 2 is definitely TF2 because nobody talks about the hat game anymore outside of its own thread.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

anyone use FXAA in apex? any effect on performance over the in game AA?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

codo27 posted:

Just had an epiphany on how stupid it is to use mirage when his abilities are complete garbeno

The bamboozle ability is definitely not garbo and can both get you out of sticky situations and engage advantageously when people magdump your hologram

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The hologram is incredibly fun and good, but his ult is incredibly situational and his passive is near worthless.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

Caustic is also good in linear/claustrophobic hot drops like swamps (decent), bunker (omg just shut down the entire central map chokepoint why dontcha), and supply ship (vince mcmahon gif). Or, as was mentioned, if you're fighting around a location like a house or whatever. In a game where flanking is one of the most powerful things you can do, Caustic shuts down flanks. When you embrace that, its great.

He is also just a shooting man with a fat hitbox in open space, and his ult can absolutely buddyfuck your entire squad if used when pushing aggressively. I started slampicking bloodhound in pubs specifically because of One lovely Caustic Ult screwed our vision right as we pushed into a squad in Cascades. Usually in games "situational" is a diplomatic way to say "fuckin awful" but Caustic genuinely is situationally good, it's just that he's situational in a game in which it is also possible to select Bangalore, Lifeline, Bloodhound, or Wraith.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

The hologram is incredibly fun and good, but his ult is incredibly situational and his passive is near worthless.

His ult is strictly worse than his hologram, its astounding. At least you can sit behind a corner and throw out holo to see if it gets shot. The ult is "HEY EVERYBODY! I'M DISENGAGING! JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW THAT I'M USING WRAITH'S TACTICAL RIGHT NOW, OKAY THANKS BTW YOU CAN STILL FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

codo27 posted:

His ability may be the best in the game. In a game in which you can die in under a second, making someone look the wrong way is incredibly powerful. His ability requires nuance tho, so most people are just terrible with it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
For a lifeline newblet is it best to call down the ult as quick as possible?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
His ult is best when the enemy doesn't see it happen and he moves to flank. He's a lot harder to spot when you aren't looking for him.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Willie Tomg posted:

His ult is strictly worse than his hologram, its astounding. At least you can sit behind a corner and throw out holo to see if it gets shot. The ult is "HEY EVERYBODY! I'M DISENGAGING! JUST THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW THAT I'M USING WRAITH'S TACTICAL RIGHT NOW, OKAY THANKS BTW YOU CAN STILL FOLLOW ME IF YOU WANT.

I think you'd be better served using his ult to attack than to run away. He's not really hard to see in any normal situation or if someone is chasing him, but if people are preoccupied in a fight, using the ult to get in close without being seen can be a real killer- just don't pop it somewhere where everyone can see the bunch of holograms

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Guys I am just the worst scrub ever at this game. I'm a much more casual gamer than the majority of posters in this thread to start with, and when I played heavy I only played 3rd person action games. I've actually platinum'ed dark souls and bloodbourne, but haven't played an online shooter since halo 2, and I'm on the PS4, which I know is already a major sin in online shooting. But it's a level playing field with other PS4 users, and I'm averaging like 80 dmg per round, and I'm just barely managing to get 1 kill per level played.

I love the tactile feeling of playing this game, but drat getting smoked over and over is discouraging. I feel like my aim is bad and I get killed a lot when I'm distracted by something like looting. I get jumped often, or get in firefights with one party and get shot in the back by another all the time, or just feeling like I'm missing the majority of my shots in a panic in tense firefights.

The only equity I'd wish for this game is age-restricted queue matchmaking, even though I know that will never ever happen and it's not even on anyones radar. I'm mid 30s, I'd love to be placed in a matchmaker queue that grouped similar ages together so I don't feel like I'm being aced by nimbly-bimbly 12-year-olds every round.

I accept my failures as my own, any significant input from you guys beyond "git gud"?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Olaf The Stout posted:

I accept my failures as my own, any significant input from you guys beyond "git gud"?

I guess this can be construed as a "git gud", but it sounds like the only solution to your problem is to just play more. Sure you're on a level playing field, but you're still up against other people who likely have a lot more experience playing shooters with a controller, and the only way to remedy this is to play more shooters with a controller- I don't think there's some magical fix that'll make you get better other than to just grind it out for a while. It sucks to get constantly stomped, but eventually you'll get better through sheer osmosis and experience

Also, I'm nearing your age dangerously fast, and due to extremely poor life choices and priorities I can still run through all these 12 year olds, so it's definitely not your old age that's stopping you! We're all grandpa gamers here

panda clue
May 23, 2014
im gonna deliberately keep calling it TF2 so people can spend literal pages trying to correct me

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Olaf The Stout posted:

The more you play the more you’ll get better at everything.

For example, looting; you’ll start to understand exactly what you want out of a pack, and you’ll scroll to where it is (or notice it’s not there) and select it rather than spending ages looking at everything.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

priznat posted:

For a lifeline newblet is it best to call down the ult as quick as possible?

Short answer: mostly, yea, as long as you call it down in cover you can defend. Long answer: The pod is visible from everywhere on the map and is a sign to every single team that

a) there's a squad right where the bright burning beacon is touching down
b) they aren't going to be moving for about 20-30 seconds
c) they have at least a couple level 3 items, probably more

So just realize that her ult, while massively valuable, is also an irresistible dinner bell for every remaining squad. Using it in the center of the ring is a really good way to get tag-teamed by like 3 other squads converging on you.

e; vvvv this is High Tier Bigbrain lifeline play, good wisdom in the next post

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 3, 2019

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Call in the package in a wide open field and watch the other 2 remaining squads get caught up fighting over it. Mop them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

John DiFool posted:

Call in the package in a wide open field and watch the other 2 remaining squads get caught up fighting over it. Mop them up.

Does the lifeline care package has a blue light shooting into the sky like regular care packages when untouched?