Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Idk eating an open faced sandwich sounds more appealing than just all it's components minus bread :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos

Wall Balls posted:

cucumber got a bad deal because americans are trash humans

Why are the sandwich options so bland?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Defenistrator posted:

Why are the sandwich options so bland?

lmbo

*sees a list of 40 sandwiches that are more or less known and enjoyed the world over*

Where's all the GOOD sandwiches?!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Where's the donkey sauce?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Where's the donky sauce, daddy.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I’m starting to think there won’t ever be a sandwich treaty :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Negotiation roundtable was a dismal failure because of the infamous waffle delegation.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
There is a restaurant that serves fried chicken sandwich but the buns are waffles and you can put syrup on it and they have this butter thing for sauce and other fixing inside. It's slightly cumbersome to eat and I don't think they quite nailed it but it was good.

Then there's MELT in Cleveland that has a chicken and waffles grilled cheese sandwich but for some reason they have a waffle AND thick bread when they should just use the waffles for bread. It's tastier but the bread is not necessary.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Waffles are just a stepping stone for us to start considering pancakes as sandwiches and that is where I draw the line sir!!!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Waffles are just a stepping stone for us to start considering pancakes as sandwiches and that is where I draw the line sir!!!

My good sir, have you heard of the McGriddle?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gatts posted:

My good sir, have you heard of the McGriddle?

I’ve eaten a McGriddle maybe three times in my life and each time I didn’t need to eat the entire rest of the day.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm well aware of the McGriddle and it's reign of terror. That is no sandwich....that is a crime. On a breakfast menu that includes the steak, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich, as well as the sausage and egg McMuffin, the McGriddle stands as a warning to us all.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I made bacon egg and cheese on biscuit this morning, BLT for lunch, and French Dip for dinner. Sandwich day is complete and the BLT was the unanimous winner. Actually, everyone is a winner on sandwich day!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

vas0line posted:

Great thread OP, sandwiches are the best food. Def gonna cop a sandwich for lunch.

Here's a traditional Italian from Vinnie's in my neighborhood here in Chicago:

Some delicious fancy French poo poo from Pastoral:

Bahn Mi from Nhu Lan:

Finally, The Dante from Tempesta around the corner:

Sup Chicago goon buddy Vinnies is indeed the best!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That Dante looking real good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pros: Looks like 9 layers of hell with some olive salad thing as well
Cons: ruined by mayonnaise

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mayo is good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm well aware of the McGriddle and it's reign of terror. That is no sandwich....that is a crime. On a breakfast menu that includes the steak, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich, as well as the sausage and egg McMuffin, the McGriddle stands as a warning to us all.
They briefly did a chicken McGriddle and it was a lot better without all the cheese and egg.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I am not defending mayonnaise by any means, but if you're gorging on bbq sauce and other dressings, snuffing mayo is kinda hypocritical.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just don't like the taste of it. Especially on an Italian inspired sandwich. Put some grainy mustard on that.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

im not going to put mayo on the BMT im going to order tomorrow

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

im not going to put mayo on the BMT im going to order tomorrow

it's bmt for a reason, bub. Bread, Mayo, and Threekindsofmeat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
chipotle mayo

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Mu Zeta posted:

I just don't like the taste of it. Especially on an Italian inspired sandwich. Put some grainy mustard on that.

If it's italian there should not be any mayo anywhere close.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Mozi posted:

it's bmt for a reason, bub. Bread, Mayo, and Threekindsofmeat
Biggy
Meaty
Tasty

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you put mayo on an Italian sangwich that is already doused in God’s own condiments oil & vinegar then you deserve your lovely slop and the dirty looks you get from your Sandwich Artiste. I’d tell you to eat it off the floor in a bowl LIKE A DOG but even a dog has better taste

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

mayo is good

Counterpoint-Mayo sucks and is only for big, dumb babies.

Fight me, bitches :colbert:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
mayo is a sometimes food

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
Japanese steak sando with tomato relish

Capicollo, artichoke, pickled eggplant, spinach, tomato, roast red peppers, Red onion, provolone, from an Italian deli close by called "the garden of cheese"

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
where the gently caress is the muffuletta

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

When does the Sandwich treaties start?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No peace with out Hot Dog representation.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
Reuben 4 life.

Also anything with falafel in it is good.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I had a Banh Mi the other day that was phenomenal. Banh Mi are top tier y'all

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Flagellum posted:

Reuben 4 life.

Also anything with falafel in it is good.

I made my own falafel from scratch for a while, starting from dried chickpeas and everything.
The process itself is pretty easy and cool to do + you get fresh falafel but it's just a drat pain to have a deep fryer around and make falafel once and awhile while you're really digging it.

Well that's my falafel story.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think bacon egg and cheese on a toasted bagel is a different, and better, sandwich than bacon egg and cheese on a roll

preferably an everything bagel. with salt and pepper mixed into the egg and some hot sauce

but i think my absolute favorite sandwich is a nice pastrami on rye

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Beef City posted:

I made my own falafel from scratch for a while, starting from dried chickpeas and everything.
The process itself is pretty easy and cool to do + you get fresh falafel but it's just a drat pain to have a deep fryer around and make falafel once and awhile while you're really digging it.

Well that's my falafel story.

I tried falafel for the first time maybe 4 or 5 months ago and I was very angry with myself for not trying it sooner.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Has anybody ever made a falafel patty the size of a burger and made some bomb rear end sandwiches with those?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

TontoCorazon posted:

Has anybody ever made a falafel patty the size of a burger and made some bomb rear end sandwiches with those?

yeah i have seen a lot of place serve "veggie burgers" where the burger is actually just a huge falafel, and they are quite good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Earwicker posted:

yeah i have seen a lot of place serve "veggie burgers" where the burger is actually just a huge falafel, and they are quite good

I've seen patties made from beans that looks cool but I need a falafel sandwich in my life.