Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

now that i'm off probe, i hope everyone basically got the picture that endlessly quoting a really loving long post in its entirety just so you can put some inane one-word comment at the bottom isn't actually funny

it literally just makes threads hard to read, and makes posts that aren't a loving mile long way easier to miss

e: like i don't think anyone wants a return to the era of "getting banned for not using proper Queen's English" but, like, this still isn't goddamn neogaf

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

now that i'm off probe, i hope everyone basically got the picture that endlessly quoting a really loving long post in its entirety just so you can put some inane one-word comment at the bottom isn't actually funny

it literally just makes threads hard to read, and makes posts that aren't a loving mile long way easier to miss

e: like i don't think anyone wants a return to the era of "getting banned for not using proper Queen's English" but, like, this still isn't goddamn neogaf
it's funny if you don't do it four times in a row, imo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Haha

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"Waaah my TABLES AND SCROLL WHEEL" I scream in the shield hero thread but I would not be heard for I was a slave

BAD END

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:cripes:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

oh, word?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Thank you for making your point like an arsehole, rather than just posting that. You could have reported the long quotes, or said something, but chose to be obnoxious instead. Good for you.

Sharkopath posted:

The next person who makes a Debate and Discussion post I am going to kick their head off.

This is a tyranny now.

I support this, outside of mulderman posting the issues

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You sure communicated that in the most passive-aggressive way possible, champ.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

The next person who makes a Debate and Discussion post I am going to kick their head off.

This is a tyranny now.

Where is tyranny, there will be revolution. And every revolution needs a hero.....shield hero.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shield hero of the revolution

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

This is a tyranny now.

politics

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

Shield hero of the revolution

But is he revolting or shielding us from the revolution?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

ViggyNash posted:

Oh he's shielding us. But charging money for it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

A shield hero for every situation

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol, god bless this thread.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

what are Mulderman's right wing political beliefs?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Which is worse, Shield Hero or this book?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this thread

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what if gor were a manga

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

dogsicle posted:

this thread

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

That first sentence is loving gold.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

dogsicle posted:

this thread

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Is that supposed to be Urobuchi?

Also this is the worst

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ibblebibble posted:

This looks like it's mocking gamergaters so it's obviously better.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMgMr0JcYJ4

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.amazon.com/Pixiegate-Madoka-Michael-Sean-LeSueur/dp/1621052052

These reviews loving suck.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

this looks amazing and hillarious actually and I hope it dunks on GG and incels hard

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

RatHat posted:

This looks like it's mocking gamergaters so it's obviously better.
I don't care which side it takes, it looks awful

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

why does he need to take a rocket to get to japan

why does the rocket matter if the school is in japan anyway

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

So, is this basically something similar as to what publishers in Japan do with Shousetsuka ni Narou?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elephant Parade posted:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elephant Parade posted:

I respectfully disagree, there's a culture war going on and any victory is worth taking. If you're not with us you're against us.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If someone held a gun to my head and told me that I had to choose between reading shield hero or that book, and for some reason I wasn't allowed to tell them to just pull the trigger, I'd have to pick shield hero.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

After looking at the publisher's website and the books they're offering I'm feeling confident that were I placed into the dumbest Would You Rather imaginable, I would rather read literally all of shield hero than any one of the books they sell.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
counterpoint: that looks like a pretty short book?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Most light novels, unless they're written by Minoru Kawakami (Horizon), Nisio Isin (Monogatari, Zaregoto) or sometimes Ryohgo Narita (Baccano, Durarara), are also fairly short.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Most light novels, unless they're written by Minoru Kawakami (Horizon), Nisio Isin (Monogatari, Zaregoto) or sometimes Ryohgo Narita (Baccano, Durarara), are also fairly short.

76 pages is scraping the bottom of the barrel even for LNs.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

If someone held a gun to my head and told me that I had to choose between reading shield hero or that book, and for some reason I wasn't allowed to tell them to just pull the trigger, I'd have to pick shield hero.

If they won’t pull the trigger why have the gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

If they won’t pull the trigger why have the gun?

Maybe they're gonna smack me with the gun if I don't choose. I can't claim to understand the madman who is forcing that choice on me in this hypothetical!