Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Adore seemed a lot more balanced than the last time she was on rpdr too which was nice :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Adore and her social media is a hot mess, unfortunately. But I was glad to see her!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Rofl, the tambourine in the Thorgy box.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

esperterra posted:

Adore and her social media is a hot mess, unfortunately. But I was glad to see her!

Adore has been posting on Twitter and Instagram recently.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Adore was shown for 2 minutes...

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

ICHIBAHN posted:

Best two minutes of drag race in loving years

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Vanjie yelling "Biiitch, can I go with you?" off screen when Brook finds out her prize

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYL-vW8hhTs
Fashion Photo Ruview for the first ep is out! Entrance looks AND runways, which is nice. I always have to watch these after the early episodes because I've already forgotten most of the queens.

ICHIBAHN posted:

So do you just come in RPDR threads to periodically drop negativity? It's all you fuckin post I swear to god.

ANYWAY

I wasn't actually feeling Brooke Lynn very much, but that runway was super impressive. The fit on her suit was amazing. I was also surprised Scarlet was just safe, since I thought her dress was pretty well-done, too. Interested to see Plastique do something other than pretty as well; her look was nice, but it was the same as her entrance look.

I am so loving excited for a dancing challenge. It seems like so many of the queens this season are dancers or otherwise do really energetic lip syncs.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
lol at Soju's runway getting a toot on FPR. That and Latrice's cat thing from last season... get Aquaria away from Raja!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please don't post about me

E: I wasn't even being neg on Adore, I love her but she was on screen for two minutes. Not much to go on as far as assessing her current lifestyle.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
It's just loving annoying every time you come in the thread and poo poo over something people are enthusiastic or excited about. DRT, Adore, whatever, if someone is enjoying something it feels like you have to go WELL I'M NOT, STOP IT

I'm only pointing it out because it's lovely. You can have negative opinions or otherwise be not enthused about stuff, that's fair. You can post about them!! That's fine and fair and obviously we all do it! But when half your posts are 'stop posting DRT in the drag television thread', 'no this sucks' 'bad', that's just garbage white noise. Post better dogg.

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

This week's DRT....

That was edited in such a way as to be a challenge for Vanda to either rise to or fail. I totally understand why she couldn't do it but it's a real shame she couldn't get out of her head about her eczema scarring. I'm completely certain she would have been beautiful in finding her confidence and showing her body. Given that she couldn't do it, I suspect that's it for her now. This was her chance to really seize a place in the top 3.

Angele was perfection, very disappointing that LINE TV chose to blur the nip! From the occasional slip ups with the blurring edit, you could see she had some very intricate design around her nipples that we didn't get to see properly.

Bandit was the most disappointing for me - got to be careful when playing with BDSM gear. She just came across as costume store rather than actual kinkster. Maybe as a total deviant kinkster I'm more sensitive to that, but would be keen to hear the thoughts of others?

Finally maybe it was just how I interpreted Kuda's subs but Arya and PanPan seemed to be strongly hinting that anyone who had the courage to show their genitalia (that not just bras and undies line in particular) would have been an instant win. I don't know if I'm way off the mark here and I certainly don't have the creativity to even concept such an outfit, but I feel that if one of them had a reveal which somehow incorporated feminine sexuality with actual visible dick in some form it would have been the most wonderful queer genderfluid modern type of drag that I just live for!

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

big dyke energy posted:

It's just loving annoying every time you come in the thread and poo poo over something people are enthusiastic or excited about.

Sorry for two posts in a row but I am not skilled enough to know how to edit my existing DRT spoiler post to also include a quote from you! However if it gets to you this much I'd encourage you to follow my lead and use that excellent ignore function. ICHIBAHN has the honour of being the 5th person in my 14 years of having an SA account to be on my ignore list, and I am confident based on the reactions I see around their ignored posts that I'm not missing out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

lol at Soju's runway getting a toot on FPR. That and Latrice's cat thing from last season... get Aquaria away from Raja!

Raven needs to return. She woulda booted it before Raja finished saying Soju's name.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

gandlethorpe posted:

Vanjie yelling "Biiitch, can I go with you?" off screen when Brook finds out her prize

"Chiiild, why did I did the prostitution route?"

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Hey so I’ve never watched this outside of funny gifs but I know two of the girls irl in competition this season so that’s exciting to me!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

the_american_dream posted:

Hey so I’ve never watched this outside of funny gifs but I know two of the girls irl in competition this season so that’s exciting to me!

who are they? also do you think Giannis could break someone else's ankles during a Lip-Sync For Your Life

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Kahanna Montrese looks so much like Coco that it’s almost freaky.

Finally caught Untucked and WOOF SILKY WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS.

The girls refusing to give positive reactions to her ego is delicious.

Scarlett is super bitter boots and up her own rear end, but she’s gorgeous and I’m very curious to see how this season goes for her.

So glad that Vanjie is going on, her confessionals are so fun and she’s tied for #1 with Brooke Lynn as a favorite for me.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Kahanna needs to tape her loving bra down. TITS ARE NOT THAT HIGH ON THE BODY BITCH

I was honestly hoping she would go first because at least soju is unique but apparently back flips and over emoting remain the way to win a lip sync on this show

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I wish that we could've had more Soju but she was missing words, her dress was literally falling apart, and she had zero chutzpah. It's a drat shame because there is no doubt in my mind that she'd be a far more interesting competitor in the long run.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

the escape goat posted:

I wish that we could've had more Soju but she was missing words, her dress was literally falling apart, and she had zero chutzpah. It's a drat shame because there is no doubt in my mind that she'd be a far more interesting competitor in the long run.

tbf it takes a lot of chutzpah to just talk about your oozing cyst during a judging panel when no one was asking the question "tell me a story about your favorite oozing cyst"

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

esperterra posted:

The show has been referencing itself and having challenges based on past queens since forever fwiw

Like it's been a drag race staple for more than half the show's life

The show referencing the stars it helped create is one thing, but this season, even more than others, feels like the queens aren't loving trying to win a competition, they're there to get their 3 or 4 hours of TV in and go collect checks forever. Sometimes it feels more like I'm watching people walk through an interactive drag race exhibit more than an actual season of drag race. Silkie is focusing more on being a character than winning, half the queens don't even seem to care about the prize money, and they're all so nervous about being on the show in a way that professional onstage entertainers shouldn't be. They know that their edit makes or breaks their career in drag, and they don't push because of it.

If they have $200,000 to give out as a prize they need to increase that to the prize money for every season; very, very few queens have that drive to win we saw back in seasons 1-5/6.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

the escape goat posted:

Kahanna Montrese looks so much like Coco that it’s almost freaky.

It's not just that but also the way she emotes and moves, it's super freaky

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

big dyke energy posted:

It's just loving annoying every time you come in the thread and poo poo over something people are enthusiastic or excited about. DRT, Adore, whatever, if someone is enjoying something it feels like you have to go WELL I'M NOT, STOP IT

I'm only pointing it out because it's lovely. You can have negative opinions or otherwise be not enthused about stuff, that's fair. You can post about them!! That's fine and fair and obviously we all do it! But when half your posts are 'stop posting DRT in the drag television thread', 'no this sucks' 'bad', that's just garbage white noise. Post better dogg.

Again, don't talk about me

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ICHIBAHN posted:

Again, don't talk about me

5 G's

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Good God, Get a Girlfriend, Goon?

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

5 G's = Good God Get a Grip Girl.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's that time of year again, for me to lament the fact nobody has loving done Bette Midler for snatch game in 11 (14 if you count All Stars!!) seasons of this gay rear end show

I'm loving shook tbh

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

No Bette lipsyncs even ??? cmon

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

esperterra posted:

It's that time of year again, for me to lament the fact nobody has loving done Bette Midler for snatch game in 11 (14 if you count All Stars!!) seasons of this gay rear end show

I'm loving shook tbh

same, but for bea arthur

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

same, but for bea arthur

tfw the only time we got a golden girl was raven during as1's horrible gaff-in

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love that Manila is hosting The Pit Stop for S11 btw, A+

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

esperterra posted:

tfw the only time we got a golden girl was raven during as1's horrible gaff-in

*in a rising tone and intensity* same, but for bea arthur

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

The show referencing the stars it helped create is one thing, but this season, even more than others, feels like the queens aren't loving trying to win a competition, they're there to get their 3 or 4 hours of TV in and go collect checks forever. Sometimes it feels more like I'm watching people walk through an interactive drag race exhibit more than an actual season of drag race. Silkie is focusing more on being a character than winning, half the queens don't even seem to care about the prize money, and they're all so nervous about being on the show in a way that professional onstage entertainers shouldn't be. They know that their edit makes or breaks their career in drag, and they don't push because of it.

If they have $200,000 to give out as a prize they need to increase that to the prize money for every season; very, very few queens have that drive to win we saw back in seasons 1-5/6.

I suppose that might have something to do with the fact that we now have queens on the show who started doing drag for the specific purpose of getting cast on RuPaul's Drag Race (tm).

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

esperterra posted:

No Bette lipsyncs even ??? cmon

Well, we did get mermaids in a wheelchair.

But could you imagine a Night of 1000 Midlers category? Every queen on the runway as Winifred.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

The Stepford Wives Era Bette is ideal. It's Burtonesque.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

All this love for Vanjie is confusing cause I found her to almost be as annoying as Silky.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Vanjie's the right amount of extra and also has the best voice.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

I'm loving shook tbh
There's some people who it blows my mind that nobody's tried doing for snatch. Bette is definitely number one; Bea Arthur is right up there too, as is Ethel Merman, Anjelica Huston (specifically as Morticia Adams), the youtuber Jenna Marbles, and Joanna Lumley (specifically as Patsy Stone)

e: Like, when you learn you're gunna be on Drag Race, you should already have an idea for who you'll do on Snatch. One of the first loving things Ru asks every year is "how are you going to make it funny" and jesus christ, so many queens say "oh I'll pick someone beautiful and boring and just flail around and scream out of character." Pick someone funny and iconic and just copy them directly - you'll win every loving time

Wungus fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There's hasn't been a good snatch game in years. Half the queens phone it the gently caress in and it's boring as poo poo.