Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its crazy to think that people still fall into common fallacies in tyool 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skylark posted:

Soo i may or may not have killed a couple adamantoises. Lmao. But it turns out theyre the best way to get money fast.. ANd also a guy on gamefaqs said how to increase the drop rate from 1% to 10%. So ill fight them a lil more for money i guess.. And hey. If they happen to drop a Trap, Im not complaining -- in fact I have boosted the rate just in case, by crafting a Connoisseur's Catalog.

10% is alright .. I won't hold it against you. I mean i'm not like, against the idea of rare dops. I just think there should be a lid put on it, like some kind of reasonable limit. all this 0.00001% bullshit needs to be put in the attic and forgotten about along with the devs responsible for them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
see like ff9 had those 1/256 steal items too .. you never needed any of them, and you could get them other ways later in the game. but you could try for them. that sort of thing is fine by me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

10% is alright .. I won't hold it against you. I mean i'm not like, against the idea of rare dops. I just think there should be a lid put on it, like some kind of reasonable limit. all this 0.00001% bullshit needs to be put in the attic and forgotten about along with the devs responsible for them

This is what eventually puts me off every Monster Hunter game

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

I.N.R.I posted:

Yea the way itr works is that if you can multiplty the 1% chance by doing two things... You use the Connoisseur's Catalog to get 5% and then if you finisht he battle within like 2 minutes it makes it 10%. Since its only <2 mins per battle and my odds are so good (plus you get ALOT of exp and money for every attempt) its decent. I actually want the money more than i want the other stuff rn. But if I get the item i'll be very happy.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
That being said, idr much about 13-2 but hopefully there are actual sidequests and cool stuff like that. Cause 13 feels super thin on content.. It feels like the rare drops and the missions and everything are mostly a way of recycling the same things over and over instead of having more stuff to do.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
And at the end of the day I guess id rather fight a big turtle over and over than do Blitzball or Thunder Plains lightning dodging, which I swear on my keyblade I will never do in my life.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Skylark posted:

That being said, idr much about 13-2 but hopefully there are actual sidequests and cool stuff like that. Cause 13 feels super thin on content.. It feels like the rare drops and the missions and everything are mostly a way of recycling the same things over and over instead of having more stuff to do.

I think they're kinda the same, but it's more fun because you enter new maps and areas and stuff instead of being on the same one the whole time. Plus the battle system is so fun I don't hardly give a care as long as it gives me an excuse to play more of it

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Yea agreed i love paradigms its why I postponed my 13-3 playthrough so i can redo 13-1 and 13-2 again and enjoy the epicness... Its so good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

*innocent dev making a game in the 90s, gives an item a 1/10000 drop rate* "Cool, only a few players will encounter this item and it'll really enhance their game experience cause they'll have something special! And other players won't even realize it's there so they won't get mad, there's literally no way this could go wrong."

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Yass ok... Got a Trap on like my 6th time fighting a turtle. So i think the strategy works... And you can triplicate them too once yhou get one. So this is ognna be epic.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I really wish the FF13 games would find their way on Switch. In fact I want every Final Fantasy game on there (no cursed phone ports).

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Martman posted:

*innocent dev making a game in the 90s, gives an item a 1/10000 drop rate* "Cool, only a few players will encounter this item and it'll really enhance their game experience cause they'll have something special! And other players won't even realize it's there so they won't get mad, there's literally no way this could go wrong."

haha, right. and you just know it was probably some epic game series like DQ that came up with it -____- though i could see it being diablo or something too

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I used to get fomo when I didn’t do everything in a jrpg but as I became older and wiser I just learned to play for the love of it only.

When I started ffxiii I had a hard time getting into it cause I just wasn’t feeling an on rails rpg at the time. I have it on ps3 but want the Xbox version for the visual upgrades cause it’s an insanely gorgeous game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bolverkur posted:

I really wish the FF13 games would find their way on Switch. In fact I want every Final Fantasy game on there (no cursed phone ports).

Why is Tactics still not ported

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

Yass ok... Got a Trap on like my 6th time fighting a turtle. So i think the strategy works... And you can triplicate them too once yhou get one. So this is ognna be epic.

Hell yeah

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I don't get completionism, I like to leave some stuff unexplored so I can be surprised by it in case I decide to replay the game later.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

All this Adamantoise drop rate talk is giving me PTSD to tryna farm Pure Bladestone, 'cause I was too stubborn to have a friend dupe it and drop me some

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Martman posted:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

GorfZaplen posted:

I don't get completionism, I like to leave some stuff unexplored so I can be surprised by it in case I decide to replay the game later.

I left the ff13 non-main-quest stuff unexplored the first time i played it and just moved on to ff13-2, but this is my second time playing ff13 now. But go off tho :rolleyes:

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvHFlt3bipA

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao

I grinded for one of these, and then i ended up getting two before i got back to the save point. yiou can't throw it away so your inventory just permanently loses a slot for ht eextra one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

I grinded for one of these, and then i ended up getting two before i got back to the save point. yiou can't throw it away so your inventory just permanently loses a slot for ht eextra one.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Can you store it with Escargo Express.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Can you store it with Escargo Express.

you can, but the thing i always forget until the end of the game is that Tracy runs out of room too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

you can, but the thing i always forget until the end of the game is that Tracy runs out of room too

Ah ok. I don’t think I ever stored enough items to hit the limit. And I’ve played through Earthbound at least 5 times and I think I’ve gotten a Sword of Kings once ever.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

i didn't get one of these until like my 15th play through. i would grind that room for an hour or more every time. then once i just refused to move on and i finally got it. i don't think i've gotten it since either. i would get the other 1/128 drops i dont care about all the time, so what the gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ah ok. I don’t think I ever stored enough items to hit the limit. And I’ve played through Earthbound at least 5 times and I think I’ve gotten a Sword of Kings once ever.

its such a pointless item too since Poo is mainly support/offensive caster but I know multiple people who grinded endlessly for it lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the end boss of earthbound is mostly just about surviving anyway, giygas doesn't care about your fancy rare drops.

most of the ultimate weapons/armor in ff12 are like 1/256 drops that drop from enemies that only appear in one hallway like 1/20 times. like, i know, you can just not get them, but it drives me nuts.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

There's a 1/64 drop in FFL2 I've never gotten despite trying reasonably hard. The game came with a little chart listing every item so I knew it existed even pre-internet.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

its such a pointless item too since Poo is mainly support/offensive caster but I know multiple people who grinded endlessly for it lol

if it was any other game i wouldn't have cared but to keep missing a piece of my Favorite Game broke my brain

case in point i'm playing ff6 for the first time and i started checking a guide so i can just get it over with faster and i see all this extra stuff and I guffaw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Milkman posted:

if it was any other game i wouldn't have cared but to keep missing a piece of my Favorite Game broke my brain

case in point i'm playing ff6 for the first time and i started checking a guide so i can just get it over with faster and i see all this extra stuff and I guffaw

i have a never-ending file for ff6 where i'm trying to get all of Gau's rages, which is probably the most pointless exercise in the universe.

i don't fire it up very often though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Milkman posted:

Wtf.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Theres an insane gamefaq that explains how the veldt works and how to improve your odds of getting a specific enemy group you need but it still takes forever.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Frenz posted:

Theres an insane gamefaq that explains how the veldt works and how to improve your odds of getting a specific enemy group you need but it still takes forever.

I know, I'm using it. i actually printed the whole thing out so i could check when i've "cleared" a formation and when i've gotten the rage, it's stapled together under the coffee table. every couple of months my wife asks if she can throw it away.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I know, I'm using it. i actually printed the whole thing out so i could check when i've "cleared" a formation and when i've gotten the rage, it's stapled together under the coffee table. every couple of months my wife asks if she can throw it away.

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That just reminded me of the FFTA gamefaqs I printed and stapled together. I don't remember how many pages it was but it was thick