Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

zoux posted:

Specifically what happened is she said there were too few women and minority critics (there are) and said that she's not interested in white dude's opinions of stuff like A Wrinkle in Time.

I can't believe she's saying she hates white dudes.

I hate Brie Larson now.

j/k, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Congrats on finally mercy killing the review industry since they only really care about sales anyway

It's rather likely outrage is already being accounted as a positive metric for poo poo like this, lol

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Memento posted:

There's a video of him pissing on a 14 year old girl, and when it was shown in court, she said "that's not me".

Her family also came into a large sum of money at around that time. I'm sure that's unrelated.

https://youtu.be/QuvTiQre72o

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They will absolutely be there day 1 to see it.

It'll be like that Modern Warfare 2 boycott where everyone in the steam group was playing Modern Warfare 2

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Roblo posted:

It's...it's not even out yet?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/swaggityhaas/status/1100899597474381824

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I have zero interest in seeing that movie because it looks like complete trash but gently caress if I'm not considering being there on opening night just to participate in pissing off these whiny little bitches. In fact I may just buy a ticket and go and have a drink or something instead. I want to make this dumb, devoid of merit film successful simply out of spite for these worthless, spineless little fuckwits.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Stare-Out posted:

I have zero interest in seeing that movie because it looks like complete trash but gently caress if I'm not considering being there on opening night just to participate in pissing off these whiny little bitches. In fact I may just buy a ticket and go and have a drink or something instead. I want to make this dumb, devoid of merit film successful simply out of spite for these worthless, spineless little fuckwits.

So you also know that the movie is "complete trash," "dumb," and "devoid of merit" despite having not seen it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jurgan posted:

So you also know that the movie is "complete trash," "dumb," and "devoid of merit" despite having not seen it.

Well I'm taking a guess on another Marvel superhero movie here based on what I've seen of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1102657265415479296

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There is a non-zero amount of nerds that will stick to their guns and not go, then hear that there's a post credit scene with some character only dweebs have heard of in it, and then pay for a ticket and proudly go in with 5 minutes left.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stare-Out posted:

Assuming you're a white male, didn't you hear? Brie Larson has banned us from seeing the film. If you try and buy a ticket you will be executed, we're risking arrest by even typing the words Captain Marvel.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Stare-Out posted:

all pop culture is trash

so let's make trash for everybody instead of just white dude trash

so loving bored of white dude trash

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm a very white male, in fact downright pale, and if I can do my part in shafting some incel oaf impotently boycotting a superhero film then by god I will moonwalk my rear end to the gallows.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Jurgan posted:

I mean it’s already serving as a recruitment tool for the Air Force but that’s a separate line of criticism altogether

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

StrangersInTheNight posted:

all pop culture is trash

so let's make trash for everybody instead of just white dude trash

so loving bored of white dude trash

Well said.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Stare-Out posted:

I'm a very white male, in fact downright pale, and if I can do my part in shafting some incel oaf impotently boycotting a superhero film then by god I will moonwalk my rear end to the gallows.

unironically. but i think alot of the outrage is going to be seen as good because of it. like hbomberguys woke advertising video. So with this and the last jedi execpt james gun to get rehired by disney and tweet all day every day about how gamers and comic book nerds are garbage idiots.

I'll rent it on dvd like i do most movies but that doesnt count as a sale sadly since it was already going to be bought by every cbd phone home video store.

snergle has a new favorite as of 21:16 on Mar 4, 2019

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

snergle posted:

I'll rent it on dvd like i do most movies but that doesnt count as a sale sadly since it was already going to be bought by every cbd phone home video store.

You’ll what?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jurgan posted:

Welcome to the something awful forums. This is literally what goons do

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Basically,

https://twitter.com/JeremyDanielBo2/status/1101659396663332864

It always amuses me that one of the most vocal "Rey is a Mary Sue" critics from around the time TFA came out had, several months prior to that, released a long-form video essay about how a wrestler who literally writes his own storylines is a masterclass in character development.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i mean, the goon said "it looks like trash" right there at the beginning you guys.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TinTower posted:

Basically,

https://twitter.com/JeremyDanielBo2/status/1101659396663332864

It always amuses me that one of the most vocal "Rey is a Mary Sue" critics from around the time TFA came out had, several months prior to that, released a long-form video essay about how a wrestler who literally writes his own storylines is a masterclass in character development.
if you're talking about helicopter murderer son, he also sexually assaulted one of the stars of that video essay

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

we don't deserve Brie Larson

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Wait, 'A Wrinkle in Time' wasn't for me? I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
And besides, the real reason Captain Marvel is bad is because of how it's military propoganda.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

if you're talking about helicopter murderer son, he also sexually assaulted one of the stars of that video essay

Could you explain? There's no way in hell I'm googling "Helicopter murder son".

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://twitter.com/CraniumApparel/status/1101830061055860741

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rogue 7 posted:

Could you explain? There's no way in hell I'm googling "Helicopter murder son".

John Landis directed The Twilight Zone movie, in which a helicopter stunt gone wrong decapitated an actor and two children.

His son, Max Landis, is widely disliked.
e: the actor was Vic Morrow, the two kids were illegally-hired Vietnamese children. And apparently just one of the kids and Morrow got their heads chopped off by the main rotor, the other kid got crushed by the wreckage.

zoux has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Mar 4, 2019

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
So is this an absurd distortion of the truth or an outright fabrication?

e: From googling around a bit it looks like she requested non-white-male interviewers more than zero times and has pushed for more inclusion in the reviewing field and fragile white men are really mad about it. So absurd distortion of truth.

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Mar 4, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Elysiume posted:

Politifact Hollywood rates this claim as mostly true

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Elysiume posted:

It's "guy has ~100 followers on twitter, craves attention, makes some poo poo up to impress the incel chuds in his social media circle"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Also, it's a minidress. That is not what women typically wear around nerds, that is what nerds want women to wear around them.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I too am disgusted that the part of Carol Danvers went to a woman. It's political correctness gone mad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol she got banned from Uber Eats

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Piell posted:

And besides, the real reason Captain Marvel is bad is because of how it's military propoganda.

It looks like kind of a big backslide into the bad parts of the early MCU movies in that way. Which would suck, because those movies were good despite that, not in any way because of it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You pull on that thread it leads you inevitably to the conclusion that Top Gun is a bad movie, which it obviously is not.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

"i have a FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT to drop trou and poo poo ON THE FLOOR at this GOLDEN CORRAL i am a PAYING CUSTOMER and i will speak to the MANAGER"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

Also, it's a minidress. That is not what women typically wear around nerds, that is what nerds want women to wear around them.

Uniforms are for managers, not patrons. There's gonna be a team of high schoolers forcing smiles while wearing that garbage guaranfuckingteed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

You pull on that thread it leads you inevitably to the conclusion that Top Gun is a bad movie, which it obviously is not.

Top Gun's ok, but a few edits make it flawless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFzLnD3foTk