Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Most under-the-radar I've seen a PWG show be in terms of attention from general communities the week one's happening, but anyway the card for PWG 200 tonight

Jeff Cobb defends the world title against Bandido
The Rascalz defend the tag titles against Lucha Bros and LAX
Jonathan Gresham vs David Starr
Darby Allin vs Brody King
Trey Miguel vs Jake Atlas vs Jungle Boy
Laredo Kid vs Puma King
Aussie Open vs Best Friends

the show is very good on paper, but also it feels forgettable with the start of this year having so much wrestling news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He has a pretty good excuse. For those who don't know, Luke Perry is his dad and Luke had a massive stroke.

jesus christ, get well soon luke perry.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

KungFu Grip posted:

the show is very good on paper, but also it feels forgettable with the start of this year having so much wrestling news
Moreover it just sort of shows that the cycle of exclusive signings by various feds have sped up in the last year or two. The point of hype growth that guys used to debut at is now a point at which most of them have been harvested by the big leagues, so there's a lot of new and relatively unknown guys. It can't really be called the indie all-star game anymore.

It also shows how ROH has gotten the short end of the stick in the Name acquisition department, not to mention how Jeff Cobb is currently underpushed there.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 1, 2019

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Used to be I knew every name on a PWG card just by reputation alone, and now 50% of the undercard are guys I assume are just really well-liked regional stars who haven't broken through yet.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Caveat Emptor and all that.

https://twitter.com/mattkoonmusic/status/1101555525366493186

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Used to be I knew every name on a PWG card just by reputation alone, and now 50% of the undercard are guys I assume are just really well-liked regional stars who haven't broken through yet.

this is kinda what pwg was before it got huge. it had a main event scene of mostly top name indy talent but you'd have an undercard with RockNES monsters or the cutler brothers or other weird semi regional guys trying to get noticed. they were also far ahead of the curve when it came to pushes on guys like kenny omega/kevin steen/claudio/adam cole compared to other companies. it seems to me like the peak bubble has popped a little bit and PWG is resembling what it was before it started putting on the insane cards it was doing in 2013-recently. this is not a bad thing, its going to continue to be a great stage for these wrestlers to get themselves noticed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can someone refresh my memory on what the deal with Earl Cooter/Bryan Idol is? I saw him wrestling in Marvelous last week and I've forgotten what the story involving him was last year?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

everybody was using his license to promote shows in ny and he hosed up and it got suspended causing some show to get canceled

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
People thought he was Dolph Ziggler.

Jungle Boy wrestled at PWG last night. crowd was way behind him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1102012036626685952

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

everybody was using his license to promote shows in ny and he hosed up and it got suspended causing some show to get canceled

That's what I was thinking of thanks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When that Fusion gets uploaded to MLW's Youtube, if you're going to watch it, I recommend only watching the Lucha Bros match and skipping Tom Lawlor vs Low Ki: Stupid Cage Match Edition

Somehow their rushed 5 minute match was better, that ending was absurdly dumb even for pro wrestling cage matches, and the overlong post-match segment was to promote a new stable Starring Simon Gotch

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
GCW Show tonight at 11pm est since its on the west coast

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1102049341919748097

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paying proper respects with the start of the show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cryme Tyme did commentary for the Nick Gage death match mainevent

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1102330934827892737

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is it going to be Virgil finally going face to face with Vincent, for all the marbles?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
How was Corny on commentary on the MLW show? I'm a sucker for Cornette commentary

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Low Desert Punk posted:

How was Corny on commentary on the MLW show? I'm a sucker for Cornette commentary

Haven't watched it myself yet but I did see this so now my hopes are high

https://twitter.com/MengsMullet/status/1102423171104468993?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Interesting handle for Vince to use as his twitter alt

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What are some must watch BJW death matches from the last y year?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Start with Kodaka vs Takeda as it's pretty easy to find and was one of the best death matches of the year in any company.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

Start with Kodaka vs Takeda as it's pretty easy to find and was one of the best death matches of the year in any company.

Thank you! I will start there! I do a death match presentation at a local anime con. First year I did King of the Death Match 95, last year I did FMW, this year however I'm kind of delving into more modern stuff that I'm not as familiar with so I'm going to be researching and learning a lot about BJW in the next few weeks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you! I will start there! I do a death match presentation at a local anime con. First year I did King of the Death Match 95, last year I did FMW, this year however I'm kind of delving into more modern stuff that I'm not as familiar with so I'm going to be researching and learning a lot about BJW in the next few weeks.

It's not from BJW or Japan at all but watch the Fly Star vs Toxin Mask vs Mask match if you want a lucha death match vibe.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

SalTheBard posted:

i asked about 2018 deathmatches and takeda matches in the questions thread a little while back and, in addition to mrt suggesting the fly star/toxin match that i ended up watching a bunch of times and having as my moty, george w bush posted this list of takeda and kasai matches that all rule. plus takeda/kodaka of course

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Takeda vs. Jun Kasai from Freedoms
Takeda vs Ryuji Ito from BJW Death Vegas
Takeda vs. Takumi Tsukamoto from BJW 1/2
Jun Kasai vs Takashi Sasaki from Freedoms Road to Blood Xmas
Takeda vs. Masaya Takahashi from Ryogokutan
Takeda vs. Abdullah Kobayashi from BJW in May
Takeda vs. Alex Colon in GCW
Jun Kasai vs. Takashi Iizuka from TakaTaichiMania

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Agree completely that Kodaka/Takeda is incredible and Kasai/Iizuka is great. I still need to see the rest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Janela got Joey Janela for Spring Break!
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1102739757388443650

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big Dave posted:

i asked about 2018 deathmatches and takeda matches in the questions thread a little while back and, in addition to mrt suggesting the fly star/toxin match that i ended up watching a bunch of times and having as my moty, george w bush posted this list of takeda and kasai matches that all rule. plus takeda/kodaka of course

Worth noting that there was another Kasai/Takeda match after I write this and both are amazing. The August one is a little better but the Blood Christmas one is still a must-see if you wanna check out deathmatch stuff.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i kinda wish pwg would bring over dragon gate guys again

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i kinda wish pwg would bring over dragon gate guys again

Yamato is too pretty for PWG

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:negative:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jerry Lawler confirmed for Spring Break 3?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spring breeeeeeeeeeak

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Big Dave posted:

This is great because I specifically wanted to focus on Takeda! Thank you!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
LA Park vs Tanaka at spreak break :stare:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

RealFoxy posted:

LA Park vs Tanaka at spreak break :stare:

I read this as LA Park vs Tatanka

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I was 13 I read online that Tatanka was returning on the next Smackdown and I started freaking tf out because I was a mark for ECW after ONS and misread that for Tanaka. That was the first major disappointment I got from wrestling. The next one was Benoit.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Low Desert Punk posted:

I read this as LA Park vs Tatanka

So did I

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

the gimmicks CZW will do for attention in 2019, but also lol that this is the first I've heard of Amazing Red post-TNA

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

What happened? Can't find anything on Google.