Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

cranston threw that pizza perfectly in one take, what a legend

Yeah but now people routinely throw pizzas onto that house in real life and the woman who lives there has to clean it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah but now people routinely throw pizzas onto that house in real life and the woman who lives there has to clean it up.

Owned

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

GetBehindTheMule posted:

I'd love to know when and how this misconception started, particularly since we're now so inundated with the "intelligence = being a oval office" cliche. I'm assuming it's perpetuated by writers and show-runners who never got over being unpopular nerds in high school.

the were started because the original Sherlock Holmes stories said so repeatedly, it's just that after the first couple stories Conan-Doyle quietly dropped the idea of Holmes having character flaws in favor of being a charming omniscient superman

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Better Call Saul is a slog to get through after season 2. There was maybe 5 hours of interesting story in the last 20 episodes. I really liked the first two seasons though. Well, the first season, got annoying when they hit the reset button at the beginning of the second once they found out they had a bunch more seasons to make.

Imo it’s much easier to watch on netflix than to wait a week for 40 more minutes of slow story.

It’s great but it’s sloooow.

E: ouchhhhh, Aziz Ansari’s intro in parks and rec does not age well for him.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Mar 5, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pick posted:

fanfiction is more good than most of the shows you watch, fellas

No it isn't. Go away.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: ouchhhhh, Aziz Ansari’s intro in parks and rec does not age well for him.

Eh, he was always the worst part of the show.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Jesus Tom was the worst. Like the only one with fuckig character development

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Aziz creeps you out too much to enjoy Tom Haverford anymore you can always just watch the episode where he gets thrown through a bookcase, which is also the best one.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I think a good rule of thumb is that people who consider themselves to be "relationship experts" are usually full of poo poo. See Dan Savage or Steve Harvey.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If Aziz creeps you out too much to enjoy Tom Haverford anymore you can always just watch the episode where he gets thrown through a bookcase, which is also the best one.

It's more that I always found Tom Haverford to be shrill, annoyingly unfunny, and punchable.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dan Savage is bad now? Seriously asking, I haven't kept up with him or his articles/whatever he does. I just remember that he was a good voice (edit:) against ridiculous anti-gay stuff.

Like Rick Santorum.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My favorite Tom moment was when Leslie was trying to figure out this ethnicity

Leslie: so where are you from?
Tom: South Carolina?
Leslie: no, before that
Tom: ... My mom's uterus?

Such a great moment

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dan Savage is bad now? Seriously asking, I haven't kept up with him or his articles/whatever he does. I just remember that he was a good voice for ridiculous anti-gay stuff.

Like Rick Santorum.

he had some lovely takes about bisexuality but i also haven't kept up with him so he could be better about it these days

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Dan Savage is bad now? Seriously asking, I haven't kept up with him or his articles/whatever he does. I just remember that he was a good voice (edit:) against ridiculous anti-gay stuff.

Like Rick Santorum.

Dan Savage's go-to relationship advice is "open up the relationship."

I get it, some people are poly and can handle that poo poo. Others, like me, are not. :shrug:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Brother Entropy posted:

he had some lovely takes about bisexuality but i also haven't kept up with him so he could be better about it these days

It took him like a decade of people yelling at him for him to be like "fine bisexuality is real" but he does say that now and he does seem pretty good about it. Beyond that, I dunno, he hasn't seemed to enter the cultural conversation that much since the "It Gets Better" campaign.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

fanfiction is more good than most of the shows you watch, fellas

fanfiction is gooder than most of the shows you watch, fellas.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

oldpainless posted:

I haven’t seen a single episode of breaking bad but I did see the gif of Walter White throwing a pizza on a roof lmao and then him looking scary and saying something like “I am the one who knocks” like a loving badass

There's actually some dramatic irony going on with that scene. He gives the speech like a badass but at that point in the show he's on the losing end of a power struggle and everything is falling apart around him.

EDIT: Is it still dramatic irony if one of the characters doesn't know, or do they all need to not know?

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Mar 5, 2019

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

christmas boots posted:

There's actually some dramatic irony going on with that scene. He gives the speech like a badass but at that point in the show he's on the losing end of a power struggle and everything is falling apart around him.

Yeah he's lashing out at everyone because he feels impotent. It's just before he takes the guy's special dollar out of petty spite.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Is it wrong that I miss goofy Bryan Cranston roles? Like Tim Whatley or Malcom's dad? He's a great dramatic actor, but he's a better comedic one IMHO.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This made me think. What was the surname of Malcolm's family in Malcolm in the Middle? Was it ever said?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

The Middles

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BrigadierSensible posted:

This made me think. What was the surname of Malcolm's family in Malcolm in the Middle? Was it ever said?

No. It was a running gag.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
it's wilkerson. you see it like once in the pilot

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
According to IMDB it seems like it was Wilkerson in the pilot and then it became a joke that it was a mystery in the actual show.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure-

Toshimo posted:

No. It was a running gag.

Lol, of course it was.

I still love the episode that revealed Malcom's dad had arranged his schedule so he wouldn't have to work on Fridays, and he tried to keep that secret from the whole family, lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure-

Lol, of course it was.

I still love the episode that revealed Malcom's dad had arranged his schedule so he wouldn't have to work on Fridays, and he tried to keep that secret from the whole family, lol

And that his company bosses tried to pin all the blame for their massive corporate fraud onto him as the mastermind and then it turns out all the damning "evidence" occurred on Fridays and he hadn't worked a Friday in 10 years.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

pentyne posted:

And that his company bosses tried to pin all the blame for their massive corporate fraud onto him as the mastermind and then it turns out all the damning "evidence" occurred on Fridays and he hadn't worked a Friday in 10 years.

It was a two-parter I think.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I got my pictures taken in front of the Circle K where Bill and Ted was shot and I went inside to buy some stuff because I felt like it would be an rear end in a top hat move to just take pics and leave. I asked the lady behind the counter if people stop to get pictures all the time and she just defeatedly said "Yeah..." and that's the end of the story.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I bought a Nintendo Power at that convenience store from Clerks when I was like 11 years old. My family didn't know why I wanted to stop there and it was pretty much just a lovely little store.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

I bought a Nintendo Power at that convenience store from Clerks when I was like 11 years old. My family didn't know why I wanted to stop there and it was pretty much just a lovely little store.

You saw Clerks when you were 11?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Can’t believe people born in ‘83 are posting around here these days.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Clerks came out the year I was born, pal. I saw it on DVD when I was 11.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Can’t believe people born in ‘83 are posting around here these days.
BBAB was like 12 when he started posting here, so not surprising.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

art

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's when I saw a bunch of Kevin Smith stuff. Lots of us had older brothers or cool stepdads.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bogus Adventure posted:

I miss Frisky Dingo so much. Archer is funny, but it's not the same. I need more Xander Crews and Master Cylinder dances.

COOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 2

I've never met anyone who gets that reference.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

here's a tip: indicate north

otherwise it's not really a map ...it's just a drawing

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I will always be impressed with the writer's dedication to her craft. Also, lol at turning Ron into Diabolo.

CommonShore posted:

COOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 2

I've never met anyone who gets that reference.

Frisky Dingo is a masterpiece. I keep trying to find the videos of Killface's reasons for destroying the world. They are loving classic.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

similarly I'm a 94 baby and saw Clerks when I was... 12ish? my parents rented it for me because they saw it when it came out and thought it was loving hilarious, and as a 12-year-old i thought similarly

i still like that movie, honestly, MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK BERSERRRRKERRRRR still makes me laugh my rear end off

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bogus Adventure posted:

Frisky Dingo is a masterpiece. I keep trying to find the videos of Killface's reasons for destroying the world. They are loving classic.

Any time a conversation about Vegas comes up my only contribution is always "I like to call it Lost Wages!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Adult Swim seemed to thrive on rapid-fire nonsense humour and taking the piss out of formulaic show premises. There's something very specific about it, especially with mocking all the cliche-ridden Hanna-Barbera shows no one ever really cared about. Though a lot of them seemed to run out of material quick or take it in different directions. A lot of the line-crossing humour hasn't aged very well, though. Also probably isn't quite as funny if you hadn't spent some hours watching Hanna-Barbera repeats when really, really bored.