Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Crows are glorious and good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Have the Dees got Johnny Walker as a sponsor on their shorts?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So if we beat the dogs by a reasonable amount and maintain our percentage we’ll probably play for a finals spot against Adelaide in round 7

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

snaeksikn posted:

Have the Dees got Johnny Walker as a sponsor on their shorts?

Yes

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Bulldogs, wooden spooners???

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Bit low class imo

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huh, for some reason I got the impression that the premiership this year was North's to lose. Happy to be incorrect.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Solemn Sloth posted:

Bit low class imo

Glenlivet at an absolute minimum imo

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Bit low class imo

Mixers are the swill of the proletariat frankly.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Something with a royal warrant surely

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I feel like this should be a free against Preuss for incorrect disposal

https://streamable.com/fb7oo

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Insert Bane vs Batman jokes here.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

something something Undertaker, something something Hell in a Cell

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Ok I'm setting up Goon Golden Spoon season 7 now, but are there any expressions of interest in also running the Supercoach competition again too?

Also, start nominating draft dates, and the invite link is here

Last year was 4B - 5C - 4F - 1R with 4 emergencies and 4 bench (22 total), how does 4B - 4C - 4F - 1R - 1U with an emergency each and only 3 on the bench (still 22 total) sound?

I've been lurking this thread but I'll jump in for another year of UF draft, and supercoach if there's enough interest. I think Achilles Last Stand has won the last two draft leagues so they're the team to beat.

drunkill posted:

revs is a 24/7 nightclub (okay i think they close at 7am weekdays)

They open Wednesday/Thursday nights from like 11pm-5am. Friday nights they are open til midday. Saturday they don't close again til Monday morning some time. They are also open for dinner Tuesday-Saturday, and the food is very good apparently!

hiddenmovement posted:

I've never actually been to revs. I think I'm too old now too.

You're definitely not too old.

Matt Gloss
Aug 30, 2004
Touch dry in four hours!

NTRabbit posted:

Ok I'm setting up Goon Golden Spoon season 7 now, but are there any expressions of interest in also running the Supercoach competition again too?

Also, start nominating draft dates, and the invite link is here

Last year was 4B - 5C - 4F - 1R with 4 emergencies and 4 bench (22 total), how does 4B - 4C - 4F - 1R - 1U with an emergency each and only 3 on the bench (still 22 total) sound?

I'll go around again. Had a ball last year! Never tried utilities before in UF but wouldn't they end up being a C 90% of the time anyway? Happy to give it a whirl though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
So did the footy show actually get renewed cause Sam is trying to get it taken off air for sure

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

So did the footy show actually get renewed cause Sam is trying to get it taken off air for sure

It hasn't been officially announced, they've just been floating up balloons for various ideas to gauge the response. Danny McGinlay and Titus O'Reilly said they've Nine have been auditioning comedians for the host role since late last year, and the current balloon has Lehmo as host.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 5, 2019

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'd take Sam over Titus tbh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Quantum Shart posted:

Any idea where you are on the waiting list for a brain transplant?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum Shart posted:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

Neither Titus nor Danny claimed to have auditioned, they just know a bunch of people in the Melbourne comedy scene who have.

Their reservation was that comedians work better in the off side role with a straight man, in the comedic sense, as the host, like how Andy Maher is the host of The Front Bar, not Mick or Sam Pang.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 5, 2019

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I saw Lehmo perform at a comedy night recently. It’s a step sideways for The Footy Show.

Titus is great I just wanna add.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Quantum Shart posted:

:confused:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Titus is the most milquetoast low hanging suburban dad humour there is. He makes up for having no personality by wearing a hat.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Quantum Shart posted:

Titus is the most milquetoast low hanging suburban dad humour there is. He makes up for having no personality by wearing a hat.

Do you know who Sam Newman is?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Quantum Shart posted:

Yeah but he's not Sam Newman.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I recently read Titus O'Reily's book about Australian sporting scandals. It was good, clever, and funny. I liked it.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

cmndstab posted:

Yeah but he's not Sam Newman.

I mean at this point I'm praying for some kind of botox related casualty.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BrigadierSensible posted:

I recently read Titus O'Reily's book about Australian sporting scandals. It was good, clever, and funny. I liked it.

I'm trying to win his book with facebook questions for the podcast because spending money is a luxury

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Quantum Shart posted:

I mean at this point I'm praying for some kind of botox related casualty.

Seriously dude, what the gently caress are you thinking that Sam Newman of all people is somehow good?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Also I am a dad these days so maybe my humour is also milquetoast low-hanging dad humour, but I generally find Titus pretty funny.

No idea what he's like to listen to live. I just enjoy his tweets. Probably helps that he's a Crows supporter.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I read his blog and like the personality he injects into the teams and also the ‘character’ Titus who’s an asocial drunk.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

cmndstab posted:

Also I am a dad these days so maybe my humour is also milquetoast low-hanging dad humour, but I generally find Titus pretty funny.

No idea what he's like to listen to live. I just enjoy his tweets. Probably helps that he's a Crows supporter.

He's a Demons supporter, but mainly keeps most of that to his podcast

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I think Titus is mediocre at absolute best which makes him an enormous Newman upgrade

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I think Titus has his moments and one of his biggest moments is all the moments of not being Sam Newman.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

He's a Demons supporter, but mainly keeps most of that to his podcast

Oh. Well, in that case, I'd prefer Sam Newman.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Whats the deal with Lehmo anyways? Like, he's one person I just cannot work out how he got to where he is. I know usually when there's comedians that I dont find funny, like Hamish Blake or hell, even Julia Morris or something, I can at least understand why others may find it funny. With Lehmo I am at a loss. Its like finding watching paint dry funny. I guess the flip side is because he's literally a plank of wood, I also don't find him overtly annoying or grating either. Maybe that's what they're going for.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

He's a good host because he's a bland mildly amusing inoffensive beige sack. Not a string flavour in any direction. See: Jimmy Fallon, James corbden

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

You Am I posted:

Seriously dude, what the gently caress are you thinking that Sam Newman of all people is somehow good?

Where the gently caress did I say he was anything approaching good?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

hiddenmovement posted:

He's a good host because he's a bland mildly amusing inoffensive beige sack. Not a string flavour in any direction. See: Jimmy Fallon, James corbden

Both these guys are also extremely bad esp Corben