Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do u love shield hero
Yeah I hate women
I think I may
I doubt it
It's poo poo from an rear end mate
View Results

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the trolley problem but it's bad fiction literature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the bullet would kill you, sending you to hell where you would have to read both

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I have no excuse, I'm just reading this thread for a bit of schadenfreude.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heh, hostage taker, you are a fool. If you shoot me I will be reborn in another world you know, so your threats are meaningless to me.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Captain Invictus posted:

Heh, hostage taker, you are a fool. If you shoot me I will be reborn in another world you know, so your threats are meaningless to me.

I Was Shot By My Hostage-Taker For Refusing To Read A Bad Isekai And Was Reborn In Another World, But the World I Was Reborn In Was The Bad Isekai

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

I Was Shot By My Hostage-Taker For Refusing To Read A Bad Isekai And Was Reborn In Another World, But the World I Was Reborn In Was The Bad Isekai

This is the most compelling joke premise so far

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I dunno, living in a bad isekai is probably a lot better than reading one.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Clarste posted:

"So I'm going to be reborn massively overpowered, nothing is ever a real problem, and every woman I meet wants to sleep with me.

"... oh no please stop."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Clarste posted:

One might even say the things an audience finds compelling and interesting are a detriment to someone actually living through it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mirage posted:

"So I'm going to be reborn massively overpowered, nothing is ever a real problem, and every woman I meet wants to sleep with me.

"... oh no please stop."

Might be a bit awkward if the horrible fetish this world is built around is not your fetish, though.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Reincarnated In A World Where Everyone Wears Diapers

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mirage posted:

"... oh no please stop."

And this is exactly why the genre persists. At the end of the day, it's the fantasy everyone kinda wants.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ninjewtsu posted:

Reincarnated In A World Where Everyone Wears Diapers

Ah, the Shmorky Isekai

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I Was Reincarnated Into "The Worst Isekai" According To God But It Turns Out It's Our World

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Mirage posted:

"... oh no please stop."

Who said you would reincarnate as the protagonist in this Shitsekai?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the funny thing is, i've been writing this idea for a while? like i'm about a chapter-ish into it

a guy who is... not fond of fantasy and not really a gamer reincarnates into a cliche fantasy isekai VRMMO world (explicitly through a fuckup on the part of the afterlife bureaucracy- a lot of The Good Place has snuck into this) and has to try and make the best of things

i'm eventually going to drop the reveal that he's not the only person who got reincarnated into the world, and while a few of them are nice, most of them are complete assholes on the level of someone like Naofumi, who are using their newfound status and OP-ness to basically bend the world over a table and gently caress it. MC discovers this, gets almost incoherently angry, and devotes his new life to killing these people and protecting everyone who's actually supposed to be there, like a Guts whose beef is with Kiritos rather than demons

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The best isekai has already been made and that's the one where the big bad of another world gets reincarnated into ours and works at a McDonald's.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpartanIvy posted:

The best isekai has already been made and that's the one where the big bad of another world gets reincarnated into ours and works at a McDonald's.
The Devil is a Part-Timer! / Hataraku Maou-sama!?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Might be a bit awkward if the horrible fetish this world is built around is not your fetish, though.

I Was Reincarnated Into A Monstergirl Harem Anime But I'm Not Into Cloacas

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Darth Walrus posted:

I Reincarnated As A Slave Master, But I Can Only Enslave Men!?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wark Say posted:

The Devil is a Part-Timer! / Hataraku Maou-sama!?

It's great!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Devil is a part timer has one joke and sure wants to use it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Naw it goes some real good places after the part where the anime ends, it makes me sad they never did a season 2. Gabriel and alas ramus would be amazing to see animated

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

MgTuna burger, two please!

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Namtab posted:

:ironicat:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

But will Carol be hugged, though?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If you read my posts within this thread alone you’ll find that I have many jokes

Captain Invictus posted:

But will Carol be hugged, though?

Wrong thread mate

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I watched the first episode of Part-Timer and didn't really care for it. I feel like it'd be better if it just went full parody--like, the devil serves his friends a giant pile of guts and skulls (the food of his homeland) and they all squee about how amazing it is

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got bored of it when it started becoming more about action crap and less about the actual title premise.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There are occasional bouts of serious action stuff but it's mostly doofy slice of life shenanigans. Also pretty much every villain becomes either a housemate or another schlub trying to make ends meet in similarly poorly planned fashion as Maou is after he wrecks their poo poo

The last thing I read in the manga was them going to a friend's farm to work temporarily while the store was being renovated, and Maou and Emi being parents to the best character in the series

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

An Isekai where the dark lord is reincarnated as a girl that just wants to live a normal life

Basically endros Mao but in the real world

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Darth Walrus posted:

God Promised to Reincarnate Me into Factorio but Sent Me to the Visual Novel Next to It In His Steam Library By Mistake and Now All My Spreadsheets are Worthless

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

An Isekai where the dark lord is reincarnated as a girl that just wants to live a normal life

Basically endros Mao but in the real world
I wanted a normal life, so I got reincarnated into another world and wait tables for a living.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Isekai protagonist gets transported to the real world and slowly melts down as they realize they the world no longer revolves around them

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

Isekai protagonist gets transported to the real world and slowly melts down as they realize they the world no longer revolves around them
Wasn't there one about a now middle-aged guy who returns back from the other world to the real world, but turns out his real body was in a coma, so now he has to re-adapt and junk?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
An Isekai where a kid goes on a grand adventure and returns in adulthood with basically no real world skills or contacts to make it in society. So they either gotta break reality to bring that world's magic in (at a horrible cost) or try to find a way back to the other side - even if its suicide.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Crabtree posted:

An Isekai where a kid goes on a grand adventure and returns in adulthood with basically no real world skills or contacts to make it in society. So they either gotta break reality to bring that world's magic in (at a horrible cost) or try to find a way back to the other side - even if its suicide.

Or, perhaps more entertainingly, they start applying the lessons from the fantasy world they used to live in to our reality.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
An Isekai where where a therapist tries to dissuade some 21 year old that they are not some JRPG hero. And as time goes on and the patient interacts with other people, more start to join them in their mass delusion to the point where the therapist isn't sure what is the real world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Crabtree posted:

An Isekai where where a therapist tries to dissuade some 21 year old that they are not some JRPG hero. And as time goes on and the patient interacts with other people, more start to join them in their mass delusion to the point where the therapist isn't sure what is the real world.

Imagine a therapist trying to persuade someone that they're not living in a cyberpunk novel.