Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I feel the fatter they are, the quicker they should be. Give path a 1.5 base speed boost and caustic and gib double, so they can be more evasive. Give gibs gun shield a multiplier depending on the level of body shield the player has equipped. Let caustic throw his ult super far and give the gas canisters more area denial by making the ones shot at the base still disperse gas but it evaporates quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tweet my meat posted:

Damage is always the stat I go to for determining how good someone is, but lol at people who put anything but kills in their banner.

My Pathfinder banner has "Sniper Kills: 0" and I'm proud

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Partial Octopus posted:

The peacekeeper is fine. Just don't fight them at close range. It's easy to just back away and keep them at a distance while you shoot an SMG or an AR at them.

Every team has a Bangalore and a Wraith. Maybe a bloodhound? All of em can get close very quickly and easily. Especially when the dome gets smaller.

The peacekeeper is not fine with the current amount of playable legends.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

My path banner is just my grappling distance. Paid for it in craftmats but worth it.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

I don't think there is a way around them addressing the durability issue on larger characters in the long term. If only because it limits the design space for legends that people will actually buy to Wraith-sized ninja-running narutos.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

bushisms.txt posted:

I feel the fatter they are, the quicker they should be. Give path a 1.5 base speed boost and caustic and gib double, so they can be more evasive. Give gibs gun shield a multiplier depending on the level of body shield the player has equipped. Let caustic throw his ult super far and give the gas canisters more area denial by making the ones shot at the base still disperse gas but it evaporates quickly.

Just FYI Bangalore's Double Time is 130% speed increase and Bloodhound is 120% in Beast Mode so 200% would be insanely fast. Not a criticism just pointing out that you probably don't have to push it quite that far for it to work.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Make the shield dome zap enemies in it or something cool.

Any time you use it currently it is just a free invite to peacekeeper warz

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

When it comes down to it, it's just a TTK calculation.

If Wraith gets hit by 50% of Peacemaker pellets at range, she needs 50% health and armor. Or Gib and Toxic White Guy need 200% health and armor.

No dicking around with movespeed or inventory space is going to change the fact that they're 2 shot PK kills, and Wraith isn't.

Except that calculation breaks down when compared to other guns. Having everybody have the same offensive options but not the same defensive options is always going to have unfairness.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
just normalise all champs to bangalore's size, then buff wraith by allowing her to end her Q early and to interact with the environment during. maybe add 5% on lifeline passive

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Iron Twinkie posted:

I don't think there is a way around them addressing the durability issue on larger characters in the long term. If only because it limits the design space for legends that people will actually buy to Wraith-sized ninja-running narutos.

Agreed. Respawn obviously want a large degree of parity between the characters in terms of core attributes like runspeed and HP. And that makes sense in a BR. If the fix was to bump HP or runspeed values on the fatties, it would make them inordinately strong in the initial scramble. For that reason alone I don't think they'll do it. There's space to tinker with their abilities, but it's gonna be really drat tough to make Gib and Caustic ever a good meta pick. I think Pathfinder is an easier fix because his hitboxes are something that can be worked on.

I think moving forward, we just aren't gonna see big chunky characters getting released, and Gib and Caustic will remain as relics.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Lex Neville posted:

just normalise all champs to bangalore's size, then buff wraith by allowing her to end her Q early and to interact with the environment during. maybe add 5% on lifeline passive

Even if they did this it would still make Gibby and Caustic way wider. Also Pathfinder would have a truly tiny head.

edit: Just as an aside they had a hell of a time balancing the Titans in Titanfall 2, which came in 3 weight classes, each with a different amount of health and movement options (dashes). On release they were a loving mess. But they eventually pulled it off and got them to a pretty good point.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 5, 2019

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
make them less wide. give pathfinder a bigger noggin

e: I mean, basically, decide on a standard hitbox, find out what amount of deviation is negligible for all features and keep it within those ranges, or something. so none can be too wide, none can have too small a head, etc. balancing through tweaking abilities is never going to work; it's a shooter first and foremost, so the legends with the largest hitboxes are always barely going to get picked if the discrepancy isn't negligible

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 5, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Lex Neville posted:

make them less wide. give pathfinder a bigger noggin

This would look incredibly stupid and bad. They aren't going to do this.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

tweet my meat posted:

Man, gently caress people who bail on the squad.

Had a game with a goon and pubbie, pub I’ve decided to drop seperate, died and the left. We went on to win the match with 7 kills each. I think the other goon decided to message the guy to shame him for leaving.

Also I was running with an R99 and G7 which was a good combo, hit the guy from midrange the rush him with an R99. Was a good combo that I need to try again.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 5, 2019

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

This would look incredibly stupid and bad. They aren't going to do this.
if it does look bad, there is also the option to not just scale down. they can alter the models a little. it'd be a lot of work now, but standardized hitboxes are always going to be the way to go in an FPS, so I think it'd be worth it in the long run

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Lex Neville posted:

if it does look bad, there is also the option to not just scale down. they can alter the models a little. it'd be a lot of work now, but standardized hitboxes are always going to be the way to go in an FPS, so I think it'd be worth it in the long run

They would need to alter the models a lot more than 'a little', again just crack open Photoshop and size Gibs to Bangalore. He looks like a fuckin' idiot.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

He looks like a fuckin' idiot.

That's not his size. He's kind of a fuckin' idiot.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

What was the drop chance for the wraith heirloom stuff, cause I just got it at level 39.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
New Gib passive: when getting hit with multiple hits at the same time (e.g. shotgun pellets), his totally radical armor mitigates a certain percentage of these hits (as if he had a wraith sized hitbox).

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Laughing Zealot posted:

What was the drop chance for the wraith heirloom stuff, cause I just got it at level 39.

I don't think the drop chance is known but you're guaranteed to get it within 500. Congrats!

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Laughing Zealot posted:

1 in 500. Grats man.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Laughing Zealot posted:

Somewhere around 1%

Shampy posted:

1 in 500. Grats man.

That's not true, just you are guaranteed the drop at the 500th lootbox. Kind of like how Legendaries are guaranteed at the 30th lootbox but your odds are not 1/30.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Lex Neville posted:

My squad and I strictly use dkp to distribute the loot we find

underrated post

gib passive: being hit anywhere but your butt (which glows) heals gib instead of hurting him

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Just FYI Bangalore's Double Time is 130% speed increase and Bloodhound is 120% in Beast Mode so 200% would be insanely fast. Not a criticism just pointing out that you probably don't have to push it quite that far for it to work.

Oh yeah, i was thinking gib and caustic should be Bangalore's speed, but didn't know what that was. Put path right under that and just clean up his hit boxes and i think they're fine.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

With Caustic you could balance him by making him be able to use his gas to regen, or he has damage mitigation while standing inside it as someone suggested earlier. I like using their abilities to counter the hitbox issue rather than just adding more hp for example, and plus it works from a character/ lore perspective.

Gib is harder to figure out. I like the idea of improving his passive. I think the gun shield is lame, it only works when you ads and doesn't cover enough. So new passive idea: Reactive Armor. When he takes damage this ability kicks in and his armor activates covering his head and more of his body (imagine like a bomb suit) granting him additional damage protection until it breaks or for a certain amount of seconds allowing him to get to cover or last slightly longer in a firefight. I think solutions like this are more elegent than just raising some numbers to balance.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Gib's dome shield should damage enemies that come inside like the dome shields on freshly dropped titans.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
They really should look at doing something for people that drop and leave immediately when they go down. I get it, casual game. But if i've just killed two squads only for you to leave because you died while I was fighting, you're a fuckwit.

This is happening in every single game i play outside of 3's

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Somewhere around 1%

That's not true, just you are guaranteed the drop at the 500th lootbox. Kind of like how Legendaries are guaranteed at the 30th lootbox but your odds are not 1/30.

Is this confirmed somewhere? It would be both cool and smart of them to include a pity timer like that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chard posted:

Is this confirmed somewhere? It would be both cool and smart of them to include a pity timer like that.

Yes. A dude hilariously tried to get it and got it on the 500th box.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Make wraith's footsteps quieter and make her move slightly faster in order to better complement her waifish figure. Balance!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Arist posted:

Yes. A dude hilariously tried to get it and got it on the 500th box.

excellent. Apparently they also mention getting one gold per 30 boxes on the loot info screen I never look at in game :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

dogstile posted:

They really should look at doing something for people that drop and leave immediately when they go down. I get it, casual game. But if i've just killed two squads only for you to leave because you died while I was fighting, you're a fuckwit.

This is happening in every single game i play outside of 3's

I'm not sure what they could do considering after level 50 you only get loot boxes every five loving levels so it's not like anyone is thirsty for XP

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Wraith has the scariest run i think I've seen in a first person shooter. Seeing her sprinting towards you is always an intimidating sight.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Drop in relay, teammate gets downed on the other side of the falls. "PHASE ACTIVATED", misstep on the bridge and charge off to my watery death.

Speaking of which, have you ever/seen a jump master lead the team 20,000 leagues under the sea? If I can ever pull off 1)being jump master, 2) having a team of obnoxious mic idiots and 3)they will stick with me on the jump, I'm gonna slyly try and guide us into the water just to hear them whine

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is wraith’s knife animation some uber unlock skin or something? Seen it on some streams but don’t see any knives when I play. Just tried wraith today altho some people get mad when I take her :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

priznat posted:

Is wraith’s knife animation some uber unlock skin or something? Seen it on some streams but don’t see any knives when I play. Just tried wraith today altho some people get mad when I take her :(

Yes, that's from the Heirloom box, the one you have roughly a 1% chance of getting per Apex Pack and pity-unlocks at your 500th pack.

Just wait until multiple Legends have Heirloom boxes, will really suck to reach that 500th box after 4 years of playing or w/e and get a Legend that you don't like.

BTW: your odds of buying 30 lootpacks and not getting a Legendary is around 10%, so while the "bad luck protection" is something, it's not much of something.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Chard posted:

The 1% figure and details about guaranteed rewards are from their faq.

It is cool that they have it but given how quickly they get stingy with apex crates for levelling and how high the milestones for guaranteed drops are they are very obviously anticipating having whales buying literally thousands upon thousands of apex crates.

I don't have a problem with them making ridiculous amounts of money on the game, but I feel like the reward structure for continued play is very off in comparison to other games(though the main points of comparison require an initial purchase) and that monetisation is very obviously geared towards exploiting the kinds of people who would be likely to develop crippling gambling addictions.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I was playing Lifeline and just got called "so loving stupid" over mic (translated perfectly by text to voice) by my teammate who immediately died to a pack of three people because he was on his own, followed by my teammate who I refused to revive because he was completely out in the open about fifteen feet away from said enemies, then I grabbed both respawn beacons and tried to leg it because I couldn't 1v3 people near the tiny 2 door hut I was taking cover in.

I am glad I have mics off and text to voice on so most of what people say comes out as amusing garbage rather than hateful garbage

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got 2 legendary skins for guns, R99 and R301 and they are both fugly :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Songbearer posted:

I am glad I have mics off and text to voice on so most of what people say comes out as amusing garbage rather than hateful garbage

I need to turn this on, because I hate the way every gamerdude age 15-30 talks