Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Nooner posted:

Why cant your wife it dinonuggies ):

Gluten :(

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I mean, they're frozen right? Its not like you have to eat them all at once.

I'm not sure this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
what good is a bidet going to do when i take most of my shits at work

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

You nasty.

Buy a super soaker then.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Take wipes to work, clog their toilets.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Toto makes a portable washlet

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I grew up in a house where a lota was an option so I'd love a bidet. The wipes are a good intermediate step before I take the plunge, so to speak.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Coredump posted:

Take wipes to work, clog their toilets.

Wipes don't clog toilets or pipes, they clog the sewer system. Don't use flushable wipes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

Wipes don't clog toilets or pipes, they clog the sewer system. Don't use flushable wipes.

They can clog pipes.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
My sewer line is old cast iron, but if you have a new plastic line then you can probably assume you are externalizing the cost of the sewer repairs to all other ratepayers. It's a lovely (hehe) thing to do though.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

MarcusSA posted:

They can clog pipes.

They can, indeed. Bad wording. Aside from what comes out of you, the only thing you should be flushing is toilet paper.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The one universal truth of this world is that dino nuggets, by sheer nature of their shape and nothing else, automatically taste better than any other chicken nugget.

e: except maybe Wendy's spicy chicken nuggets but THEY DON'T EXIST ANYMORE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Don't get me wrong I'm getting supertoilets in the next house, but for now (and at work) it's gotta be asswipes my dogg, I'm sorry.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Don't get me wrong I'm getting supertoilets in the next house, but for now (and at work) it's gotta be asswipes my dogg, I'm sorry.

Same, gotta make that b hole sparkle

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Went to Costco last week and both the cashier AND the exit receipt checker somehow missed they sold me $100 worth of diet coke. I have a problem but not THAT much of a problem 😤

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
:goofy:

Who needs $100 of diet coke?

Mom? Is that you?

punchbuggy
Feb 16, 2011
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img
]
Clapping Larry

The Midniter posted:

No, it's a lot cheaper in the warehouse because on the website the shipping is "included" in the sense that they just add it to the cost of the product itself and it's a large 140 lb. box so it's not cheap to ship.

https://www.costco.com/Ervin-6-piece-Fabric-Modular-Sectional.product.100466278.html

I saw this modular sectional that would be perfect for the kids’ hangout room for $750.00. I went home and measured to make sure it’d fit, then went back to Costco the following week—and it was not on the floor anymore. It is available online, but for $350 more ($1100). What I’m wondering is if they ship via common carrier like ups so I’d be stuck with six huge-rear end boxes to dispose, or does their delivery service haul away the empty boxes?

*looked it up, and it’s “threshold delivery.” That means they’ll pile up the boxes inside the garage if I’m home, or more likely line them up outside the front entry area, right?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

punchbuggy posted:

https://www.costco.com/Ervin-6-piece-Fabric-Modular-Sectional.product.100466278.html

I saw this modular sectional that would be perfect for the kids’ hangout room for $750.00. I went home and measured to make sure it’d fit, then went back to Costco the following week—and it was not on the floor anymore. It is available online, but for $350 more ($1100). What I’m wondering is if they ship via common carrier like ups so I’d be stuck with six huge-rear end boxes to dispose, or does their delivery service haul away the empty boxes?

*looked it up, and it’s “threshold delivery.” That means they’ll pile up the boxes inside the garage if I’m home, or more likely line them up outside the front entry area, right?

Yeah they dump them in the garage and it's an enormous amount of packaging.

We ordered a bedroom set for my son and I don't know that we'll ever order a significant amount of furniture from them ever again. Doing white glove is great, but it's costly.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

punchbuggy posted:

If you have multiple Costco's within a reasonable distance, call your local store and ask if they have that item # in stock. They should be able to tell you if they have any, might be getting more, or if any of the other local stores have any in stock.

Furniture seems to be stocked in January and July, so if there's something you're looking for keep an eye out in those time frames. The sectionals are great deals (sitting on mine as I type this) assuming you're okay with the color and they always have one or two available.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Thanks to everybody recommending the Costco pesto. I’ve had it on pizza, on pasta, and this morning, spread on toast.

Avocado toast: tired
Pesto toast: wired

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Thanks to everybody recommending the Costco pesto. I’ve had it on pizza, on pasta, and this morning, spread on toast.

Avocado toast: tired
Pesto toast: wired

Oooh. Have you tried on toast with a runny egg on top yet?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

durrneez posted:

Once I took a sweet potato, sliced it long ways so it resembled toast, cooked it on a flat top with some seasoning, then put mashed avocado and a poached egg on top.

A+ highly recommended.

I bought a giant bag of sweet potatoes at costco last week and now my wife and I are just eating sweet potatoes for dinner every day. Totally worth it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Hed posted:

Can you link to a recipe that you like? I still haven’t been able to find a killer recipe

This has already been beat to death by now, but I'll bite.

No recipe for me either, but I've made a lot of hummus, so...

First off, basic hummus is: chickpeas, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini. The ultimate desert food, everything in it but the chickpeas is a preservative. Garlic is completely optional, but homemade hummus pretty much always has garlic in it. Tahini is ground sesame paste, which provides a very nutty flavor; think peanut butter but with sesame seeds. If don't have any tahini on hand, some (natural) peanut butter is actually a decent substitution. Make sure you use GOOD quality extra-virgin olive oil, California oil is the most consistent (a lot of imported stuff is fake and/or adulterated); I really like the Cali EVOO that Costco sells.

You can make great hummus in a regular $20 Oster blender. Once you are done, you don't even have to spoon it out, just unscrew the bottom piece with the blade, hold it over your bowl and push it down through with your spatula. This makes it easier to clean up, too. This is rough on cheap blenders, though, I once burned one out from regularly making hummus in it.

Blender hummus method: first, make a smooth suspension with all of the flavor ingredients, then add the chickpeas, and then finally adjust the consistency by adding olive oil. So, blend up the salt, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic in some olive oil. I like to use one clove of fresh garlic, and about a tablespoon of powdered garlic. The powder gives it a nice toasty garlic flavor, and since this in an uncooked dish, too much of the fresh stuff is very harsh. If you want super garlicky, I would suggest using all fresh, powdered, and some pickled minced garlic from a jar. Once this mixture has blended up smooth, add all the chickpeas, and blend to just slightly chunkier then your desired consistency. Finally, with the blender running, pour in more olive oil until the consistency is perfect. Boom, done, takes five minutes max.

Once it's in the bowl, for presentation you can shake on a little paprika and drizzle some olive oil on top.

Other optional things to add: a few dashes of hot sauce, some canned roasted red peppers/pimentos, canned chipolte peppers in adobo. Mashed roasted garlic is amazing, but it's the opposite strength of fresh raw garlic, so roast up more then you think you'll need.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

durrneez posted:

I have not, but I think I know what’s for breakfast tomorrow!

Also, a spoonful in a bowl of vegetable soup for a quick soupe au pistou is great.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Renegret posted:

Once I took a sweet potato, sliced it long ways so it resembled toast, cooked it on a flat top with some seasoning, then put mashed avocado and a poached egg on top.

A+ highly recommended.

I bought a giant bag of sweet potatoes at costco last week and now my wife and I are just eating sweet potatoes for dinner every day. Totally worth it.

If you're like me and are super lazy, the sweet potato fries in the freezer are amazing. Also, a giant bag of sweet potatoes is way too much for me since I just shop for myself. Buying sweet potatoes and doing stuff with them is definitely better but I just can't do it.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

punchbuggy posted:

Just a heads up to you and anyone else, if you see an even price like "$750.00" (I'm assuming you weren't just rounding up), that means it's been marked down by a manager at the local store level and is generally the last one (display unit) and is likely to sell very soon. That's "get this thing the gently caress out of here, it's taking up space on the floor" and is beyond a normal markdown. The sign will often read "last one, display for sale" if so. A regular markdown will be shown with a price ending in .97 cents rather than .99 (and are done at the level above your local store, other stores nearby may or may not also have their price marked down), and is often combined with an asterisk in the top right corner of the sign, indicating that it's "pending delete" in the system meaning that once stock sells out, no more is coming in.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went to Costco last night to get some booze and some gift cards and they had this thing called a cinnamon pull apart at the bakery that I had never seen. I decided to get it and it was a hit at work because it was freaking delicious.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

belt posted:

I went to Costco last night to get some booze and some gift cards and they had this thing called a cinnamon pull apart at the bakery that I had never seen. I decided to get it and it was a hit at work because it was freaking delicious.

I havent seen these either so I did a google search, is it this thing that you got https://www.instagram.com/p/BscPZXoAid_/?hl=en

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes! It was so damned good.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I havent seen these either so I did a google search, is it this thing that you got https://www.instagram.com/p/BscPZXoAid_/?hl=en

That looks like a Costco version of a Cinnabon tray. No wonder people liked it, even though I'm sure it's just as unhealthy for you as Cinnabon.

Heh, like I care it's unhealthy. I just wanna stick my face in that tray.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

pnumoman posted:

That looks like a Costco version of a Cinnabon tray. No wonder people liked it, even though I'm sure it's just as unhealthy for you as Cinnabon.

Heh, like I care it's unhealthy. I just wanna stick my face in that tray.

Hopefully Costco has the decency to use real butter instead of margarine

Thw fake butter flavor makes me hate Cinnabon

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Driving up to Mammoth on Saturday (!) and wow theres not even one Costco north of the San Gabriel and east of the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges. Looks like its time to find some mom-n-pop gas stations to patronize.

I have also already located the required quirky BEEF jerky shack to stop at during the road trip to fill up on nuts, olives, and jerky.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

Driving up to Mammoth on Saturday (!) and wow theres not even one Costco north of the San Gabriel and east of the Sierra Nevada mountain ranges. Looks like its time to find some mom-n-pop gas stations to patronize.

Just stock up your car beforehand, duh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Just stock up your car beforehand, duh

Was talking gas specifically but yeah gonna get all the supplies together tomorrow. And maybe a dog.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Yes Costco gas is a rare thing in NYC which kind of sucks

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

I have also already located the required quirky BEEF jerky shack to stop at during the road trip to fill up on nuts, olives, and jerky.

395 is Costco-free from Victorville to Carson City

(cheapest gas fill up is the vons grocery in Bishop)

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes Costco gas is a rare thing in NYC which kind of sucks

In the beautifully crisp air of New Jersey, Costco gas is loving awesome. And if you have a whiny engine that needs premium gas, Costco gas is irreplaceable.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The new frozen Korean barbecue chicken tastes great, but now my dishwasher smells permanently spicy?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Been on a real salsa kick lately and I ended up buying Mateo's Gourmet Salsa. It's ok. It needs to be chunkier and spicier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

keevo posted:

Been on a real salsa kick lately and I ended up buying Mateo's Gourmet Salsa. It's ok. It needs to be chunkier and spicier.

It's not that type of salsa. If ya want chunky get the Kirkland.

Try it on some fish tacos. Or look up a "homemade Chipotle" recipe. It works better for those sorts of things.