Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

How are all your goats and other animals doing?

Post some barnyard animals, goat mon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pay your tuition or else the college won’t issue a diploma. Just a fun fact I wanted to share.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
:lol: did he try and give the shaft to his university thinking he could pay 95% of the way there and escape without consequences?

I had to pay roughly five dollars to the student charge card thing because my last printjob for my grad thesis put me into the negatives and I thought I could get away with it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I think the thought process was “I finished the required courses and met program requirements.”

Like I sympathize that college is absurdly expensive but man nothing good comes from stiffing a bill. That poo poo has consequences.

I don’t even know how you recover from that beyond getting a loan and repaying the school. Got to explain that on every job interview from now on.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
So youn fired a qualified applicant for failing to pay the last of his unconscionably high educational costs?

Edit: that's the royal you, I know you aren't personally responsible

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They might backdate the degree depending on the circumstances. The duder should still be fired from a corporate perspective though.

If I had someone that somehow found themselves in that position I wouldn't say poo poo but I would tell them they need to unfuck it immediately because once HR/security services/whatever gets wind you're toast.

edit: and when I mean immediately I mean 'find out on Monday, get it resolved by Friday' immediately.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well they lied in their resume, and that’s grounds for the termination in HR’s eyes.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

How are all your goats and other animals doing?
We're getting out of goats, we've only got two moms and their babies and a retiree and her babies left. Soon it'll just be the retiree and her two daughters. Stopped having ducks/chickens/quail for health reasons - The raccoons were getting obese Have some rescue horses and some show horses, rescue dogs and cats, and 60-70 show/meat rabbits spread over 5 different breeds.

DownByTheWooter posted:

Post some barnyard animals, goat mon

Derringer at about 5 minutes

A week later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4y3Z490Lgo
At 5 weeks

Bunny therapy

Levi looking a little gangly

Have more pictures of babies like this lately

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
v good doggies

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goats are awesome.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh lordy look at the tail go while he eats :kimchi:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Spider surprise!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Untagged posted:

Took the drive out to Udvar-Hazy to see Apollo 11 in real IMAX. Totally worth it.

Agreed. Saw it in not entirely real IMAX and still thought the Fire of God from the F1s was gonna rattle my spleen out.
I loved loved LOVED that slow-mo shot of the Saturn V lifting from the pad, all you get is this bass rumble rattling your bones but on screen all you see is engine bell, engine bell...and then you see the black and red jets of absolute power from those engines.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That scene is what made my girlfriend first start to get into the film. It was so good.

Seriously go watch Apollo 11.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Closest Imax theater playing it is two hours away, ugh.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A Bad Poster posted:

Closest Imax theater playing it is two hours away, ugh.

It'll still be amazing in dolby digital or just plain theater if available. It's a drat good watch. I'd watch it in a small window on my computer, even.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

It'll still be amazing in dolby digital or just plain theater if available. It's a drat good watch. I'd watch it in a small window on my computer, even.

It certainly won't rattle your testes the same way but it'd be a cool watch.

The soundtrack was pretty cool, too. Made entirely on synths available in 1969, and it sounded entirely modern.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh, I'm sure. I brought the movie up with my friends and we're going to see it on Saturday.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

how was First Man anyway

Didn’t hear much fuss at all

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how was First Man anyway

Literally the only thing I heard about it was half my family being spittin' mad that "THEY DIDNT SHOW THE FLAG BEING PLANTED"

So, yeah, I'd also like to know

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I checked out the social media comments a couple times and woo boy it was mostly bs like that

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I haven't seen it, but isn't it a movie mostly about Neil Armstrong and getting to the moon?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

A Bad Poster posted:

I haven't seen it, but isn't it a movie mostly about Neil Armstrong and getting to the moon?

Yep

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

just installed the new vent hood

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how was First Man anyway

Professor Bling posted:

Literally the only thing I heard about it was half my family being spittin' mad that "THEY DIDNT SHOW THE FLAG BEING PLANTED"

So, yeah, I'd also like to know

A Bad Poster posted:

I saw it. It was pretty good. It was more about Neil Armstrong than it was about going to the moon.

If anything, it was about Neil Armstrong going to the moon as a means of dealing with his emotions after his daughter died.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I kinda dig it. Plus it would get more use like that than 99.5% of pianos in any normal house.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Love porous, hard to clean surfaces near my splattering stove top. That wood is gonna be loving gross as soon as someone who likes to cook moves in.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ah, glad to see that the Bathroom Guy was able to repurpose the leftover joists that he had cut out.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I see the Doom bathroom guy does kitchen redesigns too.

EDIT: EFB

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Acme Home Decorating: The Wile E. Coyote Collection

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The face when you find out it's a world war 2 era piano that has a wooden sound board instead of metal and explodes and flays you alive while making pasta.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I saw First Man and really enjoyed it.

The moon scenes were dope as hell. The soundtrack owned.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I saw First Man and really enjoyed it.

The moon scenes were dope as hell. The soundtrack owned.

I thought I was gonna puke during the X-15 and Gemini 8 scenes. They ruled.
The guy they got to play Buzz loving nailed it in how much of a smug prick he was.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this

Same.

Whenever I get around to building my cabin, I'm trolling craigslist for a cheap/free piano. Always a loving plethora of them that no owner will help you load.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Oh my god I work for a scum boss. He’s hired an employee that has no car and gives him an Uber ride to each job... which then comes out of the employee’s paycheck, so some days he’s working for FREE.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

That’s impressively bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's a good ol boys club at one of the offsite farms. Motherfuckers get their buddies hired on at 25% more than everyone else starts at, do half the work because they're constantly standing around doing nothing or reciting their slam poetry at each other (all white guys that wannabe rappers).

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's a good ol boys club at one of the offsite farms. Motherfuckers get their buddies hired on at 25% more than everyone else starts at, do half the work because they're constantly standing around doing nothing or reciting their slam poetry at each other (all white guys that wannabe rappers).

One of them named Frog perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
uh oh

looks like i'm sick