Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HenryEx posted:

Dude had a rough childhood. Must've been hard being a 6 foot hairy gorilla in preschool

I was going to make a joke about how touching the ground with your feet does not mean you're really good at monkey bars, but I bet kids aren't even allowed to go on the monkey bars any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Bloop posted:

LMAO at holding the Atari joystick like that.

They're holding the N64 controller all wrong too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ddiddles posted:

Posted in earnest on reddit.

"The lives we’ve lived"

Its one of the more depressing .jpgs i've seen

it could have been 12 shots if him holding his dick and crying, would have been more accurate.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

T-man posted:

They're holding the N64 controller all wrong too.

Oh my god it's awful

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sure an unsupervised kid sounds good to me.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I mean that was the second least useful grip position and makes it look like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing, but it's not wrong. There were a few games that made the dpad preferable

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Overdone HDR is terrible but on a hairy man it's the worst.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No Sega Saturn controller. Piece of poo poo. That absolute idiot.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Lol look at this bitch with the plain purple GameCube controller instead of the superior spice orange

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

W a v e b i r d

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Violet_Sky posted:

An unsupervised 5 year old with the oven on? Stellar.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Violet_Sky posted:

Even if the kid was fine unsupervised for an hour (a 5yo is extremely not wtf?), an unsupervised oven with nuggets, which take like ~20mins to cook most certainly isn't fine for an hour.

Also, yknow, everything else that's heinously wrong with this

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Wait 34 weeks pregnant? Oh wait ahhh so clever.
Ahhh the monkey bars, we had those and a jungle gym both made of steel pipe with gravel covered concrete at my grade school. It was basically Junior Thunderdome really.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

ddiddles posted:

"The lives we’ve lived"

This man has been 25 years old for 30 years...the tragedy.

Honestly I was confused why it wasn’t a little kid’s hands with the Atari joystick. You could probably pull off an interesting art piece by having different ages holding the controllers and nail the fine details of the fashion you can see (shirt cuffs and shoes) to match the era, but as-is it looks like it was made for a long, navel-gazey thinkpiece on Gen X as the first generation to grow up with video games.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Honestly I was confused why it wasn’t a little kid’s hands with the Atari joystick. You could probably pull off an interesting art piece by having different ages holding the controllers and nail the fine details of the fashion you can see (shirt cuffs and shoes) to match the era, but as-is it looks like it was made for a long, navel-gazey thinkpiece on Gen X as the first generation to grow up with video games.

That's what I thought it was going for then I realized it's some basement room full of sterile shelves of classic consoles that this apeman has never physically played outside an emulator.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

ddiddles posted:

"The lives we’ve lived"

I'm the sexy truck flap ladies on his sleeves in the super nintendo chalmers frame.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Look at this stuff, isn't it neat.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I'm the sexy truck flap ladies on his sleeves in the super nintendo chalmers frame.
I can kind forgive that since Kappa branded clothes were super popular in the UK in that era, and from the looks of that controller and the blue spiral on the Dreamcast controller the original image is from the UK.

Also because it covers his bigfoot arms.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Does the hat rule apply to nerd fashion?

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Question Mark Mound posted:

I can kind forgive that since Kappa branded clothes were super popular in the UK in that era, and from the looks of that controller and the blue spiral on the Dreamcast controller the original image is from the UK.

A NES though? The Master System controller I get, but no one had a NES in the UK and even then that was prime Spectrum if you're poor / BBC if you're rich era.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

As a side note, if it was all one line of consoles (IE, Nintendo), it would be a decent enough concept for an advertisement of a new system.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

cakesmith handyman posted:

An unsupervised 5 year old with the oven on? Stellar.

It depends on the 5yr old. I was able to use the stove for things like cooking eggs at 5yrs old. As far as the rest, it's not going to harm anything if you don't follow a food craving when pregnant. For as much as she goes on about the mall just being 15 minutes away, I have yet to go to the mall and not have it take a while to find parking not to mention whatever line's there are so I don't see her making it back in time to take the food out of the oven. And for her going on about how hard it is to get the kid ready to go out while pregnant, any of us with more than one kid deal with it whenever we're heading out.

I'd love to read the chewing out she likely got in the comments.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

M_Sinistrari posted:

It depends on the 5yr old. I was able to use the stove for things like cooking eggs at 5yrs old.

It does not "depend on the 5 year old" lmao. Don't leave your kid around a hot stove unattended.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yep. Letting a five-year-old learn to cook with appropriate adult supervision is a-ok. Five year olds going solo with the stove is not.

Lots of us survived neglectful parenting just fine, doesn’t make it wise.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

yes let children use fire unsupervised it is goo d idea

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yep. Letting a five-year-old learn to cook with appropriate adult supervision is a-ok. Five year olds going solo with the stove is not.

Lots of us survived neglectful parenting just fine, doesn’t make it wise.

My upbringing was helping with preparing dinner soon as I could push a chair up to the counter to reach, so by the time I was 5 I could do eggs and a kinda sorry grilled cheese sandwich. I'm going to presume it's a cultural thing at this point.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

My upbringing was helping with preparing dinner soon as I could push a chair up to the counter to reach, so by the time I was 5 I could do eggs and a kinda sorry grilled cheese sandwich. I'm going to presume it's a cultural thing at this point.

Maybe, maybe not. Kids can be weirdly good at things if you give them enough guidance. My grandmother taught me a ton about cooking early enough that my memory of it is kind of lovely but some cooking related skills are just plain second nature now. Kids really very much want to learn so some supervised helping doing skills that will come in handy later in life can be a good thing. Like yeah don't let them run the stove totally on their own when they're 5 and keep them away from the big knives but there's definitely stuff they can learn at that age.

Then again I also learned how to tools and guns before I was a teenager. Ah, rural life...

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Maybe, maybe not. Kids can be weirdly good at things if you give them enough guidance. My grandmother taught me a ton about cooking early enough that my memory of it is kind of lovely but some cooking related skills are just plain second nature now. Kids really very much want to learn so some supervised helping doing skills that will come in handy later in life can be a good thing. Like yeah don't let them run the stove totally on their own when they're 5 and keep them away from the big knives but there's definitely stuff they can learn at that age.

Then again I also learned how to tools and guns before I was a teenager. Ah, rural life...

Point taken. I'd already used the stove under supervision by that time and was only okayed for butter knife unless someone was watching over my shoulder. This was considered normal in the Italian neighborhood I grew up in.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

So there were no adults nearby that you could call for help? Because we’re talking about both parents out of the house in the Tweet being discussed.

Cooking eggs while Dad’s somewhere in the house seems fine to me.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

ddiddles posted:

"The lives we’ve lived"

No PONG controller. Check out this young whippersnapper

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

text me a vag pic posted:

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

So there were no adults nearby that you could call for help? Because we’re talking about both parents out of the house in the Tweet being discussed.

Cooking eggs while Dad’s somewhere in the house seems fine to me.

It depended. Usually it would be I'm letting myself in from school, my parents are running late from work, and I wanted something more than toast or bread & butter. In the case of the Tweet, going from what she describes, she shouldn't be leaving the kid alone like that.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

That's got to be fake, she's not saying "le" in every sentence.
"I'm le sad, going to le bar. le 5 minutes later..."

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

No PONG controller. Check out this young whippersnapper

Two dualshocks and an xbox s? Lazy.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Stoatbringer posted:

That's got to be fake, she's not saying "le" in every sentence.
"I'm le sad, going to le bar. le 5 minutes later..."

From the ones that usually end up in the AUG threads, I can't remember if doing the 'le' thing was in all of them.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

text me a vag pic posted:

Somehow the weirdest part of this for me is that the ones whose bangs are double parted because they are so long they would be in their eyes.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

M_Sinistrari posted:

It depended. Usually it would be I'm letting myself in from school, my parents are running late from work, and I wanted something more than toast or bread & butter. In the case of the Tweet, going from what she describes, she shouldn't be leaving the kid alone like that.

My brother and I were fine walking home and letting ourselves in and riding our bikes down to Lincoln Park Zoo by ourselves and everything, but there were two of us and I was at least twice that kid's age. Leaving a single 5-year-old alone with the oven on. REALLY
A while ago we were debating on leaving the kids alone while we ran to Home Depot while it was raining, and like five minutes before we left, the power went out. For like an hour. And it was already getting dark. It's not that everything had been fine so far, it's the possibility of an emergency happening with nobody to help.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

You were walking yourself home from school with a key at age five?

Okay, glad you survived, but please don’t have your own children do this. Kids’ peripheral vision isn’t really good enough for them to walk alone safely on streets with any amount of traffic at that age.

Will lay off you now because I don’t have a time machine to go back and do anything about this.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

You were walking yourself home from school with a key at age five?

Okay, glad you survived, but please don’t have your own children do this. Kids’ peripheral vision isn’t really good enough for them to walk alone safely on streets with any amount of traffic at that age.

Will lay off you now because I don’t have a time machine to go back and do anything about this.

I mean I walked home from school at age six. My elementary school was three blocks from my house and there isn't even an option for a bus at that distance. First graders walked to and from school like everybody else.

I didn't have a key, someone would be home, but that doesn't seem to be your point.