Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1103012364767690752

lol roger stone's attorneys are going to get sanctioned into the next decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Lote posted:

She has some pretty big leeway with bond though right? She could forfeit his bond and require him to pay more and that won’t be affected by a pardon?

If Trump pardons him, no reason for him to be in jail or out on bond. Pretrial pardon, of course.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
dear god the footnotes are about as openly threatening as an article III gets

he's going to jail lol

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Whoa whoa whoa are they really going to jail Rodger Stone for the totally understandable mistake of accidebtally-on-purpose trying to circumvent a Court's gag order?!?

PROCESS CRIMES

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Phil Moscowitz posted:

If Trump pardons him, no reason for him to be in jail or out on bond. Pretrial pardon, of course.

I mean if she holds him in contempt and imposed financial penalties. Like would someone that jumps his bond but then gets pardoned be able to get that money back?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Lote posted:

I mean if she holds him in contempt and imposed financial penalties. Like would someone that jumps his bond but then gets pardoned be able to get that money back?

I don’t think that’s what this is. Not yet. This is the judge imposing conditions for Stone’s pretrial release, and him violating those conditions, subjecting him to sanctions or revocation of release. It’s not a contempt ruling if she nails him. If I recall he didn’t even post a bond, he was released on an unsecured personal surety. I haven’t read that much into it though so someone may correct me.

So a proactive pardon will spring him.

I don’t think pardons retroactively entitle pardonees to restitutions.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Lote posted:

Can the president can pardon judicial contempts? That sounds like a separation of powers problem. (Arpaio was pardonable because his was a statutory contempt)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I don’t think that’s what this is. Not yet. This is the judge imposing conditions for Stone’s pretrial release, and him violating those conditions, subjecting him to sanctions or revocation of release. It’s not a contempt ruling if she nails him. If I recall he didn’t even post a bond, he was released on an unsecured personal surety. I haven’t read that much into it though so someone may correct me.

So a proactive pardon will spring him.

I don’t think pardons retroactively entitle pardonees to restitutions.

He's out on a $250k bond which the judge absolutely can revoke. I think he'd be entitled to a new bond vs pretrial detention, but we'll have to see what happens next week.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

joat mon posted:

Can the president can pardon judicial contempts? That sounds like a separation of powers problem. (Arpaio was pardonable because his was a statutory contempt)

i think he can pardon criminal contempt but not civil contempt, but I don't know how coercive contempt in a criminal proceeding works

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Lmao BATHDOOM made it to Kotaku

https://kotaku.com/new-doom-map-recreates-a-famously-terrible-bathroom-1833078521

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Gonna sue for copypost infringement

Lol gotta save this for next time I’m stuck on a long rear end conference call

Enchanted Hat posted:

In appreciation of the awesome Doom bathroom, I turned the bathroom into a trashy Newgrounds point and click adventure game with jump scares:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1RXVk7jrCJl4FozWYkIplbwxLcyQiKqYY

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 6, 2019

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EwokEntourage posted:

Gonna sue for copypost infringement

Lol gotta save this for next time I’m stuck on a long rear end conference call

I'm glad these dead, ancient, frankly desiccated forums still occasionally spawn some incredible content.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I would bet that a fair number of people in this thread belong to a gym filled with doughy middle aged white collar types. Yesterday a dude got into the locker room hot tub and instantly went balls first in front of one of the jets for a good 2 minutes. I think this is a clear breach of some protocol but maybe he had a sore groin muscle or something. Either way it was creepy as hell.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Was he butt rear end naked?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Toona the Cat posted:

I would bet that a fair number of people in this thread belong to a gym filled with doughy middle aged white collar types. Yesterday a dude got into the locker room hot tub and instantly went balls first in front of one of the jets for a good 2 minutes. I think this is a clear breach of some protocol but maybe he had a sore groin muscle or something. Either way it was creepy as hell.

Did you see anything else yesterday that alarmed and disgusted you? Perhaps a hobo beating his best infront of your bank branch? Pigeons eating roadkill? More old.man balls?

Edit: I work out in a gym with fit, college coeds because I am still a fit, college coeds.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Toona the Cat posted:

Bro don't boggart the ball-blaster. 90 second limit.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Did you see anything else yesterday that alarmed and disgusted you? Perhaps a hobo beating his best infront of your bank branch? Pigeons eating roadkill? More old.man balls?

Edit: I work out in a gym with fit, college coeds because I am still a fit, college coeds.

What is this "work out" you refer to?

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Toona the Cat posted:

Dude at my gym likes doing yoga and other intense stretching in the steam room while in his birthday suit. And the steam room is small enough that someone standing in the middle is within arm's reach of everyone. Idgaf usually, buy when he sticks his tea kettle in the air with the sweaty and glistening brown eyed monster staring right at you less than an arm's length away I get uncomfortable.

Also the gym next to the courthouse is my main source of networking these days.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Look Sir Droids posted:

Was he butt rear end naked?

Yes. So very naked.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Everyone is so mean to the bathroom guy :(

He hosed up and cut into his beams but then got them fixed and built a bathroom that he likes (he said he was going for the fancy Vegas hotel look - which he very much accomplished. What's the necessity of being so cruel to him now that it's done.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
At least you don't have the hordes of old men that use the hair dryer on their balls then Gold Bond them.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Sab0921 posted:

He hosed up and cut into his beams but then got them fixed and built a bathroom that he likes (he said he was going for the fancy Vegas hotel look - which he very much accomplished. What's the necessity of being so cruel to him now that it's done.

He built it for resale value and to appeal to women and their “unfair influence” on house purchasing. He didn’t make it that way bc he likes it, although he definitely does. He also didn’t consult any :females:.

Also he got dunked on so hard bc he was dismissive about advice from professionals. He dug his own hole.

Look Sir Droids fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 6, 2019

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Sab0921 posted:

I'll tell you the necessity. Bathroom dude got exactly what he wanted and is happy with it.

None of us ever get exactly what we want or if we do, aren't happy with it.

The American egalitarian instinct requires us to ruin his happiness so that we won't feel as alone in the face of existential dread.

hth.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Sab0921 posted:

Because it wasn’t enough. beatmstrj thought sharing those photos would show all the haters how wrong they were and how excellent his taste is. He wanted external validation for something that was gaudy and trashy and got extremely huffy when he didn’t get it.

Also the HDR fuckery was inexcusable in any context and rightfully got mocked regardless of your opinion on the bathroom decor.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Roger_Mudd posted:

I'll tell you the necessity. Bathroom dude got exactly what he wanted and is happy with it.

The American egalitarian instinct requires us to ruin his happiness so that we won't feel as alone in the face of existential dread.

hth.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sab0921 posted:

Mods?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Sab0921 posted:

son i know u been on the internet for at least 15 years so quit the wide eyed bullshit

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Toona the Cat posted:

Staring at the genitalia of a so very naked doughy middle aged white collar guy for two minutes. I think this is a clear breach of some protocol but maybe it was a lonely groin muscle or something. Either way it's creepy as hell.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
He had his saggy rear end pointed at me. From about arms reach away.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
You take a good whiff?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Toona I can't believe you're going to sabotage another relationship like this

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

lol

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Soothing Vapors posted:

son i know u been on the internet for at least 15 years so quit the wide eyed bullshit

I am a believer in compassionate forum posting. We can change the future!

Roger_Mudd posted:

hth.

The lawyer's creed.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 6, 2019

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

ahahaha

Sab0921 posted:

[Truth-o-Meter Rating: Pants On Fire]

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Discendo Vox posted:

God drat.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Sab0921 posted:

Lowtax wouldn't refund you?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Here's a good picture of Meaty Son to cheer up you sadboys.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
That’s a Good Dog.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

wanna chew on them neckrolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Scale of 1 to 10, how awesome is it to smush that good buy's face? Like a 16?