Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

"Top owl in the business! $3000 for appearance. Legacy talent, you know how it is."

Who is writing those segments? They're self aware and funny.

Edit: Yeah, Rosemary is dope. Was in character through the whole meet and great and everyone ate it up.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I will never, ever, ever get used to how loving big Brian Cage got. And not just muscle wise. He must be wearing like 2 inch lifts.

I just love all the little character stuff with Rosemary. Its clear she really knows who her character is. Like calling Kiera Hogan "Firefly" just seemed so right and natural that I want to know what Rosemary calls Jordyne Grace.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

That after-show interview with Melissa and Josh Alexander was a nice way of getting to know the dude a little bit.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

J-Ro posted:

That after-show interview with Melissa and Josh Alexander was a nice way of getting to know the dude a little bit.

Didn't watch but Josh has such a pleasant and reassuring voice that it is ASMR basically.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im kinkshaming you rovert

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1101688888047882240

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1101700757630398464

This all leads up to Gilbertti losing to Scarlett in her in-ring debut.

Impact and Rockstar Pro's "Opening Day" will stream on Twitch tonight (pre-show at 7:30 ET).

code:
- IMPACT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: Johnny Impact (c) vs Larry D

- DAYTON STREET FIGHT: Sami Callihan vs Eddie Edwards

- Jake Crist vs Moose

- "The Machine" Brian Cage vs Ace Romero

- Ace Austin vs JT Dunn

PLUS: Dave Crist, Killer Death Machines (Jessicka Havok & Nevaeh), Samantha Heights,
"Madman" Fulton, Clayton Gainz, Ron Mathis, Jon Murray & more!

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 2, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I might watch that to see if Brian Cage can lift Ace Romero.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/calebkonley/status/1101631185078444032

https://twitter.com/ImpactKM/status/1101696762560086016

Stranger things have happened but don't be surprised if KM ends up with AEW. Is close with Kenny Omega and has connections with Cody Rhodes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That would be a shame because KM loving sucks

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Too many people and teams in wrestling just have initials, so I've never heard of this guy, but gently caress him, because I'm cranky and old.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Moose extended
https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1102599763009200130

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Congrats, he will carry TNA into the future.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So how are they doing on those 15K Twitch subs by March 1?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they claimed during Friday's show that they had 10K? I have no idea if that was bullshit or not.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Too many people and teams in wrestling just have initials, so I've never heard of this guy, but gently caress him, because I'm cranky and old.

him just going by initials is a TNA move, not his. He goes by Kevin Matthews on indies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The claim that TNA never promoted themselves was made in the AEW thread which reminded me of all of the horrible attempts TNA made to promote themselves with celebrity appearances. What was your favorite TNA celebrity flop?

I won't judge them too harshly for Toby Keith because it was their first show and he was a big name, but it was funny how he popped up on 3 of their Top 50 moments list.

Jonny Fairplay got a six figure deal and health insurance to make 7 appearances (in which he got 2 concussions.) He was signed in part because they needed a big announcement after their WGN TV deal fell through. (He got health insurance because his agent overheard Dixie yell at Ryder to sign him at any cost.)

Pac Man Jones got the company so much negative press, legal letters from the Titans that prevented him from touching anyone and absolutely no ratings or PPV bump.

Then there was the weird publicity stunt they pulled when Sarah Palin did something and they sent her a letter inviting her to be on Impact which was followed up by Daffney playing "The Governor" for several weeks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The every 9-12 months attempt to get on Sportscenter too.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
He's back, who's back? It's the Pacman Jones.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ethan Page multiyear deal http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2019/03/04/22793673.html

quote:

Ethan Page, with a newly-inked two-year deal with Impact Wrestling done and a visa to work legally in the United States in hand, is ready to really show his stuff -- like talking on the microphone for one thing, to prove deserving of the "All Ego" nickname he carved out during his career.

The deal, announced publicly for the first time here on SLAM! Wrestling, is for two years, and actually kicked in at the beginning of 2019.

Page debuted with Impact in late 2017, as Chandler Park, the storyline cousin of Joseph Park. He was off TV early in 2018, and didn't return until October, when he was once again Ethan Page.

The reason for his absence -- lack of a work visa -- is also one of the primary reasons he re-upped with Impact.

"A big part of it was being able to continue to work in America legally, because of the work visa situation," he told SLAM! Wrestling.

His previous employer, EVOLVE, where Page was one of the company's top stars, had not secured him a work visa.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The claim that TNA never promoted themselves was made in the AEW thread which reminded me of all of the horrible attempts TNA made to promote themselves with celebrity appearances. What was your favorite TNA celebrity flop?

Survivor Jenna wrestling Sharmell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

I won't judge them too harshly for Toby Keith because it was their first show and he was a big name, but it was funny how he popped up on 3 of their Top 50 moments list.

Jonny Fairplay got a six figure deal and health insurance to make 7 appearances (in which he got 2 concussions.) He was signed in part because they needed a big announcement after their WGN TV deal fell through. (He got health insurance because his agent overheard Dixie yell at Ryder to sign him at any cost.)

Pac Man Jones got the company so much negative press, legal letters from the Titans that prevented him from touching anyone and absolutely no ratings or PPV bump.

Then there was the weird publicity stunt they pulled when Sarah Palin did something and they sent her a letter inviting her to be on Impact which was followed up by Daffney playing "The Governor" for several weeks.

Aside from Toby, this is such a sad list. Wrestling and music always meet at some point and he did a suplex but didn't actually wrestle a full match. That's like the perfect celebrity use.

But everything else here... just woof. I do love Fairplay getting health insurance out of this dumb company, even if he himself is trash.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Several weeks well after the election where the punchline is the Beautiful People are too stupid to realize they're being played. Kip James guest stars as the voice of reason.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

karmicknight posted:

He's back, who's back? It's the Pacman Jones.

The only good part of his TNA run and the song wasn't even made by them

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pacman Jones is my favorite TNA celebrity because the stance was immediately that this was a terrible PR move for lowering themselves to a level so far below them.

"Them" being Pacman Jones, not TNA.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm a fan of them getting JWoww from Jersey Shore, then scheduling her appearance so that it took place at the same time MTV was airing a new episode of Jersey Shore

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm a fan of them getting JWoww from Jersey Shore, then scheduling her appearance so that it took place at the same time MTV was airing a new episode of Jersey Shore

And she even tweeted that fans should switch right back over to Jersey Shore and not watch Impact.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Survivor Jenna wrestling Sharmell

MINUS!! FIVE!! STARS!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

MassRafTer posted:

What was your favorite TNA celebrity flop?

I'm VERY disappointed in each & every one of you :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

This is, quite probably literally, the biggest non-reaction in wrestling history.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs posted:

You know what, you are right. Cross promotion they hosed up so badly Bellator pulled them from TNA.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

is TNA actually a place people want to work now? I'm surprised Rosemary resigned but then again I'm used to looking at TNA as a mess so I'm not up to date on anything except how well they built up the Knockouts division as of late.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

their contracts are non restrictive and no longer claim ownership over any gimmicks/characters used on tv so if they're paying decently, it seems like a decent enough gig. i do think that a lot of these wrestlers could and should be playing the game a little more though with wwe/roh/aew bidding for talent

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

is TNA actually a place people want to work now? I'm surprised Rosemary resigned but then again I'm used to looking at TNA as a mess so I'm not up to date on anything except how well they built up the Knockouts division as of late.

Lighter schedule helps you see family more often than most other companies, it's helped multiple wrestlers now get visas to work/be in America again, a lot of people get deals that let them work elsewhere, there hasn't been regular updates that nobody's being paid on time for a long long while now, and with a smaller roster than the other big names with TV you get time on the show (and if they like you or you're good, see Rosemary, it's consistent time on TV as long as you're healthy). Far worse positions to be in these days

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

A) Apparently most of the new contracts they're announcing were actually signed last year and they're just announcing them now to look like they're not a dying company.

B) I mean, if your options are to play Buffy the Vampire Slayer with Jordynne Grace for a collapsing company on a fake channel, or to take the Nova Pro guy's wife's stolen money to wrestle Nazifucker Maria Manic in front of dozens, you're gonna pick the first one. Impact is dead but if NXT isn't interested and you're not dating one of the Young Bucks' friends, at least Anthem's checks clear and you'll get watched by thousands.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chris Rock saying TNA is the best wrestling so he could shoot a scene for one of his movies was pretty out there.

Didn't they get Lou Farigno to do a pre-tape, or was that latter-day WCW?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

Chris Rock saying TNA is the best wrestling so he could shoot a scene for one of his movies was pretty out there.

Didn't they get Lou Farigno to do a pre-tape, or was that latter-day WCW?

I'm 99% sure they used him once during the early or possibly just before Hogan days, as Mick Foley was looking for "Hulk".

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Im not surprised canadian wrestlers are jumping on the impact offer so that theyve got visas to work the indies without getting banned

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

thatguyclint posted:

But...doesn't Jarek 1:20 already exist, do the same gimmick (probably better), and more (extremely, extremely online wrestling fans) have heard of him?

I forgot to reply to this. I don't know the absolute latest on him and I want to respect his privacy to some degree. But he had an extremely hard time mentally/emotionally post-Wrestling and had to seek help for it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

TNA did lots of promotion. Almost all of it, like everything TNA does, was terrible. Like Jeff Jarrett yelling at people to watch TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

TNA did lots of promotion. Almost all of it, like everything TNA does, was terrible. Like Jeff Jarrett yelling at people to watch TNA.

The mistake there was just having Jarrett do the yelling. If it'd been Don West, it'd have worked. No coincidence their shop actually sold merch when the ads for it was just that