Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Krankenstyle posted:

my mushroom comes in your moms can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Economist François R. Velde has suggested an alternative plan in which the government would make the penny worth five cents. This change would cause an inflation of nearly six billion dollars.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

United Kingdom

[dubious – discuss]

A breaded patty of meat commonly eaten in Britain.[8]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i always read those "discuss" tags like a teacher giving an essay prompt

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternal_insult

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lmao that article quotes shakespeare and the bible

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

"Villain, I have done thy mother" is p great

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It turns out the real worst thing on Wikipedia was the posts you made along the way, OP.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
In his book Monty Python: The Case Against Irreverence, Scurrility, Profanity, Vilification, and Licentious Abuse, Robert Hewison describes the dwarfs as representing the Monty Python troupe. The nice one, Fidgit, is said to represent Palin; the self-appointed leader, Randall, Cleese; the acerbic one, Strutter, Eric Idle; the quiet one, Og, Graham Chapman; the noisy rebel, Wally, Terry Jones; and the nasty, filth-loving one, Vermin, Gilliam himself.[4]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
He is protected by a "force field" of ignorance and can't feel pain, but he still hates drowning

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

[Battlefield Earth] is going to make people in Hollywood take notice of Elie Samaha. I'm not going to be the laughing stock any more.
—Elie Samaha[32]

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Writer J. D. Shapiro received his Worst Screenplay award from Razzies founder John J. B. Wilson during a radio program; he commented that Travolta had called the script "the Schindler's List of science fiction".

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Responding to the criticism, one of the film's producers, Elie Samaha, complained: "[The] critics were waiting for us to ... chop our heads off. Everybody hated Scientology for some reason. I didn't know people were so prejudiced."[91] Ebert noted, however, that the film "contains no evidence of Scientology, or any other system of thought."[78]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Responding to the criticism, one of the film's producers, Elie Samaha, complained: "[The] critics were waiting for us to ... chop our heads off. Everybody hated Scientology for some reason. I didn't know people were so prejudiced."[91] Ebert noted, however, that the film "contains no evidence of Scientology, or any other system of thought."[78]

ebert owned so hard :allears:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

"Battlefield Earth's primary colors are blue and gray, adding to the misery. Whenever we glimpse sunlight, the screen goes all stale yellow, as though someone had urinated on the print. This, by the way, is not such a bad idea."[89]

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Ebert owned but the Razzies are complete poo poo, hth?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

prefect posted:

ebert owned so hard :allears:

In August 2005, after Rob Schneider insulted Los Angeles Times movie critic Patrick Goldstein (who had criticized Schneider's film Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo) by commenting that Goldstein was unqualified because he had never won the Pulitzer Prize, Ebert intervened by stating that, as a Pulitzer winner, he was qualified to review the film, and bluntly told Schneider, "Your movie sucks."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sweevo posted:

In August 2005, after Rob Schneider insulted Los Angeles Times movie critic Patrick Goldstein (who had criticized Schneider's film Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo) by commenting that Goldstein was unqualified because he had never won the Pulitzer Prize, Ebert intervened by stating that, as a Pulitzer winner, he was qualified to review the film, and bluntly told Schneider, "Your movie sucks."

:wow:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sweevo posted:

:holymoley:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
During March 1977 Easy Cure hired and fired a vocalist known only as Gary X, who by April had been replaced by Peter O'Toole (not the actor)[citation needed].

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_things_named_after_Leonhard_Euler

quote:

Euler's work touched upon so many fields that he is often the earliest written reference on a given matter. In an effort to avoid naming everything after Euler, some discoveries and theorems are attributed to the first person to have proved them after Euler.[1][2]

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Gold metal was voted Allergen of the Year in 2001 by the American Contact Dermatitis Society, gold contact allergies affect mostly women.[173] Despite this, gold is a relatively non-potent contact allergen, in comparison with metals like nickel

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
sluttification (uncountable)

The process of sluttifying, or turning into a slut.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i would rather turn into a crab personally.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sagebrush posted:

i would rather turn into a crab personally.

this sluttifies the crab

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ask_a_Ninja

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this sluttifies the crab
more like crabifies the slut

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The Sorbs are first mentioned in the 7th century. It is a fact that the other Slavs call them the ″Lusatian Serbs″, and the Sorbs call the Serbs ″the south Sorbs″.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
what's really cool is that there are also upper and lower sorbs

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wait what the hell are those quote marks

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the only thing i've ever seen involving sorbian is the one guy that maintains the upper and lower sorbian translations of firefox

it's kinda like the esperanto version of firefox in that i'm not sure that anyone other than the translator actually uses it

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
isnt there still an esperanto headquarters office. maybe they use it on the computers there

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fishmech posted:

isnt there still an esperanto headquarters office. maybe they use it on the computers there

P.hosed up you would go and accuse people of using Firefox, friend.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fishmech posted:

what, you dont know?!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

overmind2000 posted:

the only thing i've ever seen involving sorbian is the one guy that maintains the upper and lower sorbian translations of firefox

it's kinda like the esperanto version of firefox in that i'm not sure that anyone other than the translator actually uses it

its me

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Schadenboner posted:

P.hosed up you would go and accuse people of using Firefox, friend.

i use firefox and i'm not afraid to admit it. it's still the least bad browser

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

literally the only thing firefox has going for it is that google doesn't make it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Soricidus posted:

i use firefox and i'm not afraid to admit it. it's still the least bad browser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

aardvaard posted:

literally the only thing firefox has going for it is that google doesn't make it.

of two evils, always choose the one that isn't made by an advertising company