Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Wark Say posted:

I'm pretty sure that I've been at an ETID show where someone was going to leave in a police car, though.

For indecent exposure. :mmmhmm:

You sure that wasn't an old Daughters show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_666 posted:

You sure that wasn't an old Daughters show?
It's really hard to forget the scene of Jordan dry humping another dude while wearing nothing but a towel and his sneakers. :cawg:

Back to "times I almost got killed by some crazy rando on tour/going to shows", I also remember that one time my previous band played at the same venue with Darkest Hour (our gig was actually a few hours earlier since it required no ID; theirs did, otherwise you'd get bracelet'd) and since I had kept correspondence with John (singer) and Tito (tour manager), they asked us if we could help them with junk since Mike's (guitar player and I think the only OG member left from DH) amps were down for the count. Since Tito has always been a solid dude with a poo poo-ton of people, it was a no-brainer and I loaned them my Mark IV head.

I remember I was opening the van's door when out of nowhere, some loving nutjob chucked an empty glass bottle near my head and I remember both Tito and Paul (former DH bassist) shoving the motherfucker outta there. It was probably among the scariest loving things that have ever happened to me because, like, I've never met that guy who pulled that poo poo and he decided that my head was a loving piñata and tried to crack it open.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Wamsutta posted:

I saw ETID in broad daylight in a parking lot on a festival tour and it was still complete madness

What’s the show u felt the most sure someone was leaving in a bag

For me it was It Dies Today and The Acacia Strain in CBGBs (RIP). That place was way too fuckin small for that show, it ruled

The only time I know IDT to play CBGB (RIP, indeed) was the week leading up to Hellfest NJ. I was probably at that same show.

Speaking of Hellfest, that's a show I thought someone was leaving in a bodybag during Bad Luck 13. Watched it all unfold from the top of the set of bleachers that got knocked over second. What a loving shitshow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow

The other two times I thought bad poo poo would go down were also at CBGBs. Saw All Out War (for the first time?) in the mid-00s and poo poo was flying everywhere.

Another time I went to see Unearth, who didn't get to play, because someone apparently stabbed a dude who played in Brother's Keeper and Rich Hall straight up punched this dude in the face right in front of me bc he thought the guy did it (he didn't, but the guy he punched was an rear end in a top hat anyway lol).

I namedrop Rich Hall like anyone knows who he is or gives a poo poo, but here's a Curl Up and Die with his name in the title (it's true)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nssuErZO3oQ

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

The only time I know IDT to play CBGB (RIP, indeed) was the week leading up to Hellfest NJ. I was probably at that same show.

I think the lineup was Anterrabae (I really liked those dudes and I am sad their stuff isn't on Spotify), It Dies Today, The Acacia Strain, and then Trivium (Ascendency era - I liked them). Somewhere in the 04-05 window. What a wild night. I bought the Forever Scorned EP and an IDT t-shirt that I still lift in (it is now as cutoff bro meathead shirt) that night. :)

And yeah I was glad to never be anywhere Bad Luck 13 'performed'

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

This last.fm page indicates IDT played a show on Jan 9 2005 at CBGBs with All That Remains, Trivium, Acacia Strain, and locals Locked in a Vacancy (Dyami is a good homie and LIAV were always super underrated) and Vext (the singer whopped me in the head pretty hard while dancing at the KsE, As I Lay Dying, In Flames show at Roseland).

This page says IDT played CBGBs again that same year on Feb 20 with Anterrabae (agreed top notch stuff, went to see their reunion on Long Island a few years back), Twelve Tribes, and one of my favorite metalcore bands ever If Hope Dies.

I feel like I would remember those shows bc I really like the bands involved, but I've been to so many god drat shows I can't remember poo poo anymore.

Asked a few friends of mine recently if we think we've been to over 1,000 shows in our lives. Feels pretty loving close to that considering I've been going to shows since like 99 (twenty years, gently caress me). 52 weeks a year for 20 years is 1,040. I definitely haven't been going to as many shows lately but I'm probably somewhere around 800 shows in my life.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ShoogaSlim posted:

Speaking of Hellfest, that's a show I thought someone was leaving in a bodybag during Bad Luck 13. Watched it all unfold from the top of the set of bleachers that got knocked over second. What a loving shitshow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow

lmao I must have been at that place a couple weeks before or after that show. I graduated HS in June 04 and my high school brought the whole class to RexPlex for an overnight thing to prevent us all from getting shitfaced and killing ourselves.

You ever go to shows at Sportsworld in Paramus when it was still there?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

This last.fm page indicates IDT played a show on Jan 9 2005 at CBGBs with All That Remains, Trivium, Acacia Strain, and locals Locked in a Vacancy (Dyami is a good homie and LIAV were always super underrated) and Vext (the singer whopped me in the head pretty hard while dancing at the KsE, As I Lay Dying, In Flames show at Roseland).

This page says IDT played CBGBs again that same year on Feb 20 with Anterrabae (agreed top notch stuff, went to see their reunion on Long Island a few years back), Twelve Tribes, and one of my favorite metalcore bands ever If Hope Dies.

I feel like I would remember those shows bc I really like the bands involved, but I've been to so many god drat shows I can't remember poo poo anymore.

Asked a few friends of mine recently if we think we've been to over 1,000 shows in our lives. Feels pretty loving close to that considering I've been going to shows since like 99 (twenty years, gently caress me). 52 weeks a year for 20 years is 1,040. I definitely haven't been going to as many shows lately but I'm probably somewhere around 800 shows in my life.

Oh poo poo I went to both of those shows I guess lol. Thanks for the memory jolt

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If I wanted something similar to the last 3 records of Architects, what would you recommend? I've been wearing those 3 records out like nobody's business this past week.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Wark Say posted:

If I wanted something similar to the last 3 records of Architects, what would you recommend? I've been wearing those 3 records out like nobody's business this past week.

These guys recently toured with them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj1m7TuSGBs

New Wage War definitely has some Architects inspired riffage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2d3EDNDCn8

Northlane, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anQ836BXbYw

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
These three slapped extremely hard! Gonna check on Google Play to see what I can buy through the weekend. Thanks! :)

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Someone posted Crystal Lake earlier which is definitely in the same ball park

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Does this count as -core because it rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3eh7uDhg2A

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Misery Index can be considered sorta grindcore, methinks?

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Definitely the two Crystal Lake albums prior to the most recent are very Architects-esque.. Architesque?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stelio Kontos posted:

Definitely the two Crystal Lake albums prior to the most recent are very Architects-esque.. Architesque?
I'll be sure to give them a listen. Thanks! :)

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Recently listened to Hexes by Tesseract for the first time ever and wow its like if Muse were good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

e: Whoops wrong thread

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 13, 2019

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

e: another post in the wrong thread.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

just about done with q1 of 2019 and i'm trying to be a little more aware of what's coming out this year. right now i think my favs of '19 are

Unearth - Extinction(s) i'm dumb this came out last year
The Last Ten Seconds of Life - Machina Non Grata
Born of Osiris - The Simulation

jesus only two good releases in three months? 2019 step it up

so far the biggest disappointment has been Judiciary's Surface Noise. got super into that band last year when i discovered them and this new album was produced like basura

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Weren't Architects' Holy Hell and BMTH's Amo also q1? Though the latter barely counts as rock at this point, I guess.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
In contention for my top ten of the year, so far, are:
  • Shrezzers – Relationships (7-Jan)
  • Born of Osiris – The Simulation (11-Jan)
  • Kadinja – Super 90' (18-Jan)
  • FEVER 333 – STRENGTH IN NUMB333RS (18-Jan)
  • Crystal Lake – Helix (15-Feb)
  • Ghost Iris – Apple of Discord (22-Feb)
Hard to even pick a front-runner to be honest. Maybe Born of Osiris' one? Seeing them tomorrow night. Ask me again after that I guess.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^dammit, beaten. I almost mentioned FEVER 333, but I didn't think it was heavy/good enough to bother including.

It's not much more, but 2019 has also given us:

Teeth - Prey for War
Shores of Elysium - Verminborne
Ghost Iris - Apple of Discord
Crystal Lake - Helix (yes, I know it released late last year in Japan, but most of the world didn't get it til Feb)

singles/EPs
Gideon - No One/No Love
Cancer Bats - Inside Out
BROJOB - Tuff Love
Periphery - Blood Eagle & Garden in the Bones

Wark Say posted:

Weren't Architects' Holy Hell and BMTH's Amo also q1? Though the latter barely counts as rock at this point, I guess.

Architects was Nov 2018. BMTH was 2019, but doesn't really fit the "best heavy poo poo of 2019 so far" criteria (even though I think it's a loving killer album)

XIII fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 14, 2019

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Wark Say posted:

Holy Hell was released in November of last year.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
If you haven't, y'all should check out Berried Alive's new EP they released on March 1, it is way loving better than it deserves to be. I always considered them a joke band but this is a legitimately good release

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

XIII posted:

Architects was Nov 2018. BMTH was 2019, but doesn't really fit the "best heavy poo poo of 2019 so far" criteria (even though I think it's a loving killer album)

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Holy Hell was released in November of last year.
Dang! Disqualified then. (Though it was a complete banger and almost as good as AOGHAU in my opinion). And yeah, Amo is a grower, but it's not metalcore at all.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

If you haven't, y'all should check out Berried Alive's new EP they released on March 1, it is way loving better than it deserves to be. I always considered them a joke band but this is a legitimately good release

I forgot a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033xsjlV53o

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kumba posted:

Spotify puts them into my Discover Weekly playlists regularly and I am always really into the music but I cannot deal with literally everything else about the band.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Do people in this thread like Traitors? They also put an album out this year (just a few weeks back) and it's a lot of fun. Nothing super sophisticated or complex but drat if it's not phenomenal work-out music

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
They were fun live when I saw them open for Unearth last year but their recorded material is not something I'd ever listen to, it just doesn't do anything for me without the atmosphere of a live show

I put on their new one the other day and didn't even make it through the first track

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know, Fever 333 got name-dropped earlier, but y'know which band should release a record in 2019? Pressure Cracks. That EP got me hooked.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wark Say posted:

You know, Fever 333 got name-dropped earlier, but y'know which band should release a record in 2019? Pressure Cracks. That EP got me hooked.

This a million times. I loved/liked letlive. (depending on the album) and Fever 333 is okay, but, gawd-dayum, that Pressure Cracks EP loving owns.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

The Dark Wind posted:

Do people in this thread like Traitors?

I knew they had a single out but didn't realize the full album dropped. I wish Spotify were better about announcing/surfacing this because the Release Radar thing is filled with 90% poo poo that I never want to hear so I avoid it altogether.

I used to find Traitors laughable but they've really grown on me recently. They scratch that "downtempo nu-metal with breakdowns" itch along with Last 10 Seconds (another band I used to laugh at) and Filth

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
If you guys are down with a little nu-metal in your core, then Blood Youth released a pretty sick album a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NlX_c9f3E0

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

XIII posted:

This a million times. I loved/liked letlive. (depending on the album) and Fever 333 is okay, but, gawd-dayum, that Pressure Cracks EP loving owns.
:yeah:

Eight Is Legend posted:

If you guys are down with a little nu-metal in your core, then Blood Youth released a pretty sick album a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NlX_c9f3E0
This kinda gave me the whole "Roots" Sepultura vibe, which I appreciate. :)

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

this is heavy and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6RW6-a1dQ

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

New one from Destrage. Like all their other music, I can't tell if I like it or not, but I'll listen to the album a few times when it drops. They usually have two or three songs per album that I dig, if only for how bonkers they can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWD4yxCXVF8

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

gently caress yeah, I love Destrage. They're all over the place and it owns. Saw them with Good Tiger and Protest the Hero last year.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I definitely like the new one upon first listen, excited for that album. Destrage always hits the right notes for weirdness and chaos

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The new one from Call of the Void loving rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGe7E19Cpc

And there's a new single from Pig Destroyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdkkl8-q-Ms

fun story: the first time I listened to this, I accidentally opened it in two windows, so I was hearing it playing twice, but one window was playing it a few seconds behind the other. But I didn't realize for about 2min because it's Pig Destroyer and I figured that was just how it was supposed to sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So that's a yes on the new Pig Destroyer, then? "Army of Cops" kinda left me lukewarm.