Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

counter strike global offensive runs on my 2011 imac and that’s good enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
am probably enjoying playing assassins creed origins more than I have any game before. on a pc. with a playstation controller

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gta5 was fun too but this has a hell of a lot more depth and doesn’t rely on any kind of shock value. attention to detail is probably better overall, even if the world isn’t quite as big (although it is big as gently caress)

plus being able to climb almost everything is pretty cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and
i’m fuckin stoked i have odyssey to play the moment I finish with this one. the added rpg elements are cool too

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Achmed Jones posted:

computers are for hacker poo poo and programming poo poo

consoles are for video game fun times

Counterpoint: Can't mod naked people into Fallout on console. All you're getting on consoles is romance scenes like AC Odyssey has that would have been considered tame back in the fifties.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
“i’m gonna build my own games, with computer titties out the wazoo”
________/
Lambert

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

“titties wazoo"

nexus mods please

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

echinopsis posted:

and
i’m fuckin stoked i have odyssey to play the moment I finish with this one. the added rpg elements are cool too

oddysey is pretty great, i played origins and it back to back recently

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

here's your new iphone se

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/03/08/ipod-touch-7th-gen-icon-leak-all-screen/

no way are they dumb enough to design a whole new ipod touch and not just make a version with cellular the new SE so they can move more iphone skus

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

on the other hand: tim apple

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Achmed Jones posted:

computers are for hacker poo poo and programming poo poo

consoles are for video game fun times

i love overwatch and i don't understand how people enjoy any fps-style game on consoles

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

no way are they dumb enough to design a whole new ipod touch and not just make a version with cellular the new SE so they can move more iphone skus

on the other hand: tim apple

-

the number of yosposters that don't know nonbreaking spaces is just loving pitiful. echi gets a pass because he's a pharmacist or somethign

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

the number of yosposters that don't know nonbreaking spaces is just loving pitiful. echi gets a pass because he's a pharmacist or somethign
wat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that was unrelated to quoting you

shameful rear end motherfuckers using underscore in place of a non-breaking space.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shifty Pony posted:

ah yes I look forward to USB 1395.21aj. much easier to remember.

its not really about being "easy to remember", its more or less that when it came time to do ethernet specifications, standard #802 was the next free slot in the list, and wifi was the 11th released ethernet sub specification, and the various letters afterwards are the revision version

better than the clown show that is any other commercial standard

i'm looking at you, displayport, usb, and 3g/4g/5g

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

while the usb branding is a mess it makes pretty much no difference to actual consumers.

usb-c/thunderbolt ports supporting an entirely unpredictable and undiscoverable set of features is a much worse issue from that perspective

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

echi gets a pass because he's a pharmacist or somethign

i'm a librarian, that's no excuse :colbert:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

hell yeah give it to me timb

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh yeah, i'd but the hell out of that

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I hope people start doing the "How do you like this, Elon Musk" thing at Tim but its just them happily using their SE and not paying apple any money

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

hell yeah give it to me timb
its fake

:smith:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I hope people start doing the "How do you like this, Elon Musk" thing at Tim but its just them happily using their SE and not paying apple any money

they're probably paying for icloud storage because the default is still 5 gigs

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

tim's bold leadership of keeping icloud storage at 5 gigs means apple makes more money from that than from all macs

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

they're probably paying for icloud storage because the default is still 5 gigs

I don't think my $12/yr is really making up for not buying hardware on the previous 2-3yr cycle

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i also don't pay for icloud storage

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's what they did with the last ipod touch

no one wants tiny baby phones so there will never be another se

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Endless Mike posted:

i would totally buy a new iphone if i could get new guts in the 6s+ format. i like my button.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Endless Mike posted:

I have an SE but we're also expecting our first kiddo here in the summer, so I'll want a better camera phone, so I'll buy a XR or whatever comes out that isn't stupid big this fall.

fucc u timb give me a SE Roman Numeral 10

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

-

is that the nbsp thing? i’ve heard of it

that was unrelated to quoting you

shameful rear end motherfuckers using underscore in place of a non-breaking space.

um i think i was doing it ironically, like, for fun :pram:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

is that the nbsp thing? i’ve heard of it

hmmm....

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
today i learned it means non breaking space lol. previously it was just a four letter combo I can sometimes yet often not remember 🤷‍♂️ dsyp

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

echinopsis posted:

today i learned it means non breaking space lol. previously it was just a four letter combo I can sometimes yet often not remember 🤷‍♂️ dsyp

there are a lot of kinds of space

i have an internet crush on raymond chen

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

also hyphens (resize your browser window)

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Apple's decision to autocorrect space-dash-dash-space to an em-dash instead of an en-dash is bullshit.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Kobayashi posted:

Apple's decision to autocorrect space-dash-dash-space to an em-dash instead of an en-dash is bullshit.

sorry friday night amd i'm having a real one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i can't possibly care less what kind of dash i'm using when typing things on my telephone

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Scott Forstall posted:

I have an SE but we're also expecting our first kiddo here in the summer, so I'll want a better camera phone, so I'll buy a XR or whatever comes out that isn't stupid big this fall.

fucc u timb give me a SE Roman Numeral 10

oh man how did people ever take photos of their kids before this year

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
just steal photos of other people’s babies, youve got a good few months before anyone will be able to tell the difference and maybe Apple will have released a good phone by then

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

just take a display phone from a Apple Store, it already has all the pictures you could want of your beautiful family on holiday in California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

i can't possibly care less what kind of dash i'm using when typing things on my telephone

low standards and expectations are the new apple way