Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Someone tell me whoever designed Lumiose City so I can go to Japan and punch them in the face. The combination of terrible camera angles that constantly switch to other terrible camera angles at random makes this place impossible to navigate even when you do know where you're going. And now I find out that not only does the stone shop not have Dusk Stones for my Doublade, I can't even get one until the games essentially over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there’s going to be 1001 pokémon

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Caidin posted:

No mystery dungeon, no deal.

God, the last Dungeon has this tutorial that went on forever and a terrible (read: different from before) mechanic for recruiting. Had to put it down shortly after starting. Anyone know if it gets better? Reviews say that it doesn’t actually.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There should be 1050(or more to see)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Mr. Nemo posted:

God, the last Dungeon has this tutorial that went on forever and a terrible (read: different from before) mechanic for recruiting. Had to put it down shortly after starting. Anyone know if it gets better? Reviews say that it doesn’t actually.

i much preferred the new recruit mechanic of 'do a specific sidequest to get this specific 'mon' than the old style of 'beat up mons over and over until you finally trigger the percentage chance that they'll join, many of them in the single digits by default'

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they will make 192 new pokemon but that will bring the total to 1000 because they will also erase carnivine

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mr. Nemo posted:

Uhh, the last MD was Super Mystery Dungeon which rocked, actually. I also don't remember it having a tutorial that went on forever. Are you thinking of the second to last? I've heard that one was pretty bad.

Also the current recruiting method is much better than the old one because it isn't horribly luck-based.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

they will make 192 new pokemon but that will bring the total to 1000 because they will also erase carnivine

That'll make that one Skull grunt very sad you monster :colbert:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mr. Nemo posted:

Super Mystery Dungeon had a twelve-hour tutorial, and by the end of it, you were still weak as a piece of paper and everything could slaughter you in seconds because haha this game doesn't let you grind between missions - they expect you to use and abuse the orbs, wands, seeds, and Looplets (I got a great set of Barrage, Super Critical, Intimidator and Berry Power)

Having your moves miss 90% of the time didn't help, and the story is the exact same as Gates, but with worse graphics, more pokemon, a little more dungeon variety and a killer soundtrack, so...it sorta evens out?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

carnivine is 100x better than the gen v cactus

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

oddium posted:

carnivine is 100x better than the gen v cactus

Yes. And it's also 100x worse :grin:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Maractus would've been more acceptable as a split evo of Cacnea instead of a standalone

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

less laughter posted:

Maractus would've been more acceptable as a split evo of Cacnea instead of a standalone

I wonder if that was originally the plan, along with Alomomola evolving from Luvdisc?

Also lol looking up how to spell Alomomola correctly reminded me that this was a thing that existed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GKykZ5zmqU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Brother Entropy posted:

i much preferred the new recruit mechanic of 'do a specific sidequest to get this specific 'mon' than the old style of 'beat up mons over and over until you finally trigger the percentage chance that they'll join, many of them in the single digits by default'

yeah sidequests for mons are fun

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Carnivine and Maractus are good and cool and my friends.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
My playthrough of Ultra Moon has been very stop-start and every time I go back I am disgusted by whatever stupid team my several-months-ago self thought would be a good idea. You don't need three pokemon with Aerial Ace, woman, Christ almighty.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Carnivine and Maractus are good and cool and my friends.

:yeah:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
remove all the pikachu clones

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Emolga stays :colbert:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I hope the gen VIII one is a third one in the Pachirisu/Emonga mold, e.g. an Electric/Ground chipmunk

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pachirisu won Worlds. It can stay. :colbert:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

:colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Delete Pikachu

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Iron Crowned posted:

Delete Pikachu

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Limit Spessmans. :colbert:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like Pikachu.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Make all Pikachu clones eeveelutions of Pichu

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Let’s Go: Shuckle will be the highest selling Pokémon game in history.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If they do a third version for the Let's Go games, it's gotta be Let's Go Meowth, right?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Let's Go Cubone

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Let's Go Meltan

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Blaze Dragon posted:

Uhh, the last MD was Super Mystery Dungeon which rocked, actually. I also don't remember it having a tutorial that went on forever. Are you thinking of the second to last? I've heard that one was pretty bad.

Also the current recruiting method is much better than the old one because it isn't horribly luck-based.

The school thing was loooooong, and then I started the missions and got my rear end kicked. Grinding was just doing dungeons with no quests, just start to finish.

I had played the original GBA one, and the one with Darkai, I remember those being much more “agile” or quick to start and recruit moms and have fun.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Lets Go Jigglypuff

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Let's-a Go Mario

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Takoluka posted:

I believe they sent Gothitelle back to OU after a ton of debate, since the Shadow Tag setup somewhat fell out of vogue in recent meta. They're still a big deal, though!

To be clear, this isn't how tiers actually work. The list of pokemon in a tier are all pokemon who have high enough usage to not drop to a lower tier or are not banned from that tier. Ubers works differently, where the list is based on what isn't allowed in lower formats rather than based on how often pokemon are used.

There's a SEPARATE list that is more of a power ranking of pokemon in a format. Gothitelle makes this list for ubers because it has a real place in the metagame. Outside of Ubers, Shadow Tag is banned in every format, so Gothitelle is never used for anything. This means officially it's ranked as untiered based on usage, but it is used in ubers to make the power rankings for that format. For the record untiered means it's so useless that it's not even commonly used in PU.

E: Fun fact untiered is about 3x larger than any individual tier. And keep in mind Smogon only ranks fully evolved pokemon or pokemon who have a particularly strong place in a metagame while not being fully evolved. This means that there's 3x as many fully evolved pokemon who are too weak to ever consider in the weakest competitive format which is largely unevolved pokemon competing against similarly crappy fully evolved pokemon.

EE: Apparently it's worse than this. There's a large list of pokemon who are fully evolved and don't even appear in untiered because that's a ranking that someone has to manually assign to a pokemon. For example, Simisage is "untiered" but Simipour and Simisear are just "________" for tier. They SHOULD be untiered but no one bothered actually updating their entries to be untiered, so untiered is actually larger than it looks.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 7, 2019

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

All this talk about good bugs and not one of your fucks have mentioned Volcarona.

I hatched 5 shiny males before I finally hatched my shiny female Larvesta who grew into my magnificent egg mother. Easily in my top 5 pokemon.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Fureil posted:

I hatched 5 shiny males before I finally hatched my shiny female Larvesta who grew into my magnificent egg mother. Easily in my top 5 pokemon.

Volcaronas are clearly the best den mothers because they're both warm and cuddly and can easily murder anyone who fucks with their eggs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
pokemon lets go wailord

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Somehow ended up with a wild Pokerus mon THAT I DIDN'T NOTICE.

Thankfully it didn't expire on me :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let’s Go: Shuckle will be the highest selling Pokémon game in history.

God that playthrough would take forever.