Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Affi posted:

Yeah I知 personally a pessimist. I think when they plug it tonight they値l get a big boost from people who only follow the show and then the publicity will give them a boost of new viewers and some more cash. But I知 hesitant it値l go over 7 mil.

If it's any consolation it's totally broken Kicktraq.

Their final amount prediction is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Sion posted:

If it's any consolation it's totally broken Kicktraq.

Their final amount prediction is nice.

Nice.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Affi posted:

Yeah I知 personally a pessimist. I think when they plug it tonight they値l get a big boost from people who only follow the show and then the publicity will give them a boost of new viewers and some more cash. But I知 hesitant it値l go over 7 mil.

It痴 hard to say. Usually a Kickstarter goes hard on day 1/2 from the initial surge of interest, then just plods along until the last day or two when you get a surge of people who were waiting to see if it was in their budget to pledge.

In this case we致e smashed all the expectations and we haven稚 even gotten into the planned media pushes. Plus now we池e explicitly funding an honest-to-gygax series that covers one of the most memorable arcs, so that might encourage people to up their pledges as word goes around.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I really hope we eventually get the opening of the Chroma Conclave. I remember my jaw pretty much being on the floor throughout that episode.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
They壇 definitively get to do foreshadowing throughout the briarwood arc and maybe who knows in a couple more years we値l get the chroma conclave season and poo poo.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Raged posted:

I really hope we eventually get the opening of the Chroma Conclave. I remember my jaw pretty much being on the floor throughout that episode.

That'll be the final cliffhanger with a link to the next kickstarter shown during the credits.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bagrada posted:

That'll be the final cliffhanger with a link to the next kickstarter shown during the credits.

That'd get funded even faster than this one.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

CuwiKhons posted:

Kickstarter update! And this one is really important!

Travis and Matt explain a few more things about where the funding is going and why the stretch goals have jumped in price (basically 750k was them lowballing the amount it would cost to animate anything - they had intended to cover any difference out of their company's pocket. Then of course critters blew that low estimate out of the water and with up to 10 episodes on the line, they simply don't have the money to cover the difference for all those episodes out of pocket).

They've also decided there will be only two episodes of the Legend of Vox Machina - those extra two funded episodes are going to the Briarwood arc instead, meaning there's now four funded episodes of that with four more up as stretch goals. Matt made it sound like the story they had planned for the original 6 month break story was going to be stretched pretty thin across four episodes so this is pretty understandable and I imagine fans would rather see the Briarwood arc animated anyway.

Those are good changes and pretty honest ones at that. I'm glad that they're being upfront with the cost and scope of things. Lots of other kickstarters keep promising more and more things without boundaries and Travis and Matt seemed to have corralled the scope to something manageable while also still giving backers what they wanted. More Briarwood is always a good thing. I'm really excited to see the total amount at the end of the 45 days. :allears:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kellyjoule/status/1103739486746435585?s=21

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
loving hell, I thought that was going to be some #metoo poo poo at first. What a roller coaster once I realized it was for the election.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm super hyped for an animated Briarwood arc just so I can see Scanlan's triceratops rampage.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Personally I'm hype to see three adult men fail to open a door for a solid 5 minutes.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Meanwhile I just want to see Vax and Keyleth braid Trinket's hair in full HD

However I will note that I'm really not looking forward to seeing the part where a bunch of Vox Machina lookalikes got hanged off the Sun Tree, that's gonna lose a lot of sting when you get rid of Matt's narration of it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Meanwhile I just want to see Vax and Keyleth braid Trinket's hair in full HD

However I will note that I'm really not looking forward to seeing the part where a bunch of Vox Machina lookalikes got hanged off the Sun Tree, that's gonna lose a lot of sting when you get rid of Matt's narration of it.

That was a part that I was actually interested in whether or not they would go that far. It was such a intense moment that set the tone for the arc. I agree that Matt's description definitely was amazing, slowly unfurling the scene that just won't really be the same animated, but to me, it was a very important sequence in the story.

It is generally a disturbing scene though, so I would not be surprised if that is left out to instead show more of them rescuing people and hiding under the Sun Tree.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
So was the torture of the guy where they cut his tongue off. There is a bit of dark sadist Percy in that arc that'll make you wonder to what extent the show will be adult oriented

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I subbed to CR's channel for one reason: Sam's DND Beyond commercials are opposite Drag Race and I need to see both.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They namecheck stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy, but also stuff like Venture Bros and Big Mouth in the KS info, so I feel like somewhere in that spectrum, probably a little more on the GOTG end is what they're going for.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Just for posterity, going into the episode, the kickstarter total is currently at $6,257,441

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

CuwiKhons posted:

Just for posterity, going into the episode, the kickstarter total is currently at $6,257,441

At which point does the Kickstarter count as a SuperPAC for Sam/Liam's campaign for President of DND Beyond?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

Thanks; I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was curious to see how the totals go through the course of the episode.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Sam's new stretch goals are amazing.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Finally, stretch goals to really care about.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I would pay money just to watch Sam try to drink out of that with the full 4 gallons in it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That's not a flask, that's a riot shield

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

As someone who has watched this show since just about the beginning of the first campaign, how the hell have I not realized the existence of this thread :bang:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Beau: "Yeah, we were fuckin pirates for like three months"

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
So I did a quick search for flasks bigger than 4 gallons. Didn't find any, but I did find the 4 gallon one: https://www.maxam.com/Item/Detail/KTFLK4G+MAXAM+4+GALLON+MAMMOTH+STAINLESS+STEEL+FLASK

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CuwiKhons posted:

I would pay money just to watch Sam try to drink out of that with the full 4 gallons in it.
Pretty sure he'd have to sit on a toilet right there at the table if he used a four-gallon flask.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

that entire interaction was extremely good

she doesn't know whether she wants to be dairon or be with dairon

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Ehldreiiitch Blaaaeeehst.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'm too amused at the infighting to be angry at the fact that they did exactly what they said they weren't going to do.

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm too amused at the infighting to be angry at the fact that they did exactly what they said they weren't going to do.

Laura's face was priceless.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Beau Patch 2.5.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I really wish Matt would have had Detect Good and Evil ping Fjord.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I really wish Matt would have had Detect Good and Evil ping Fjord.

They changed the way it works in 5e - it doesn't really detect alignments anymore. It just detects unnatural things like fiends, celestials, fey, undead, etc.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
drat it Travis

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nemo2342 posted:

Isn't this roughly 75% of the major group actions that Vox Machina & The Mighty Nein have ever taken?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

Ended at $6,346,097 by my count. So they gained $88,656 during the course of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I feel like a succubus and an incubus encounter could go... a couple of ways for this group of horny toads.

and all this Swole Fjord fanart is amaaaaazing.