Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

By God, he's finally come home...

Caster Gilles! :)

Also Sun and Sad knights, Liz's cool uncle(berserker ver.), Beobro, and Finally My First Kscope, all made appearances before Arthur popped up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

LunarCress posted:

By God, he's finally come home...

Caster Gilles! :)

Also Sun and Sad knights, Liz's cool uncle(berserker ver.), Beobro, and Finally My First Kscope, all made appearances before Arthur popped up.

Congratulations on your Karna. He is a good, strong boy.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

No Arthur, oh well.
Arash was so hype when he figured out who you were hanging out with, it was adorable. :3:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oh, right, what's the history between Arash and Proto Arthur? Arash summoned as the archer instead of EMIYA in that instance of the war?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They teamed up in Prototype Fragments to stop an insane Brynhildr and also to defeat Ozy’s invincible temple/pyramid. This is also why Ozy is a total Arash fanboy.

Prototype Fragments HGW:

Saber: Arthur Pendragon
Lancer: Brynhildr
Archer: Arash the Archer
Rider: Ozymandias
Caster: Paracelsus
Assassin: Old Man of the Mountain (Serenity)
Berserker: Jekyll & Hyde

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 7, 2019

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
in prototype, arash was the archer summoned in the first war.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used far more sq than I wanted. Got D'eon, Lobo, saber Lancelot, Emiya alter, Edison, Yan x2 and Herc.

Pulled Enkidu, got pissed off and grabbed 90sq from fragments and then this:

That was 540sq used and the most I've ever used. The other times I've pulled have been under 200sq.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Hell yeah pissed off bro! How dare the game deny us like that!!!!! It makes me want to spend money!!!!!!!!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I've now rolled 2 5*s that aren't KP on her gacha.

:xcom:

blossomingthing posted:

i did end up getting Arthur (after using all my 120 quartz and then got him with the trial quest ticket)

but more importantly i got this roll

http://imgur.com/a/3JtZbSJ.jpg

A dead link?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 7, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sodium Chloride posted:

Used far more sq than I wanted. Got D'eon, Lobo, saber Lancelot, Emiya alter, Edison, Yan x2 and Herc.

Pulled Enkidu, got pissed off and grabbed 90sq from fragments and then this:

That was 540sq used and the most I've ever used. The other times I've pulled have been under 200sq.

This brings back memories of when I got dual Arthur Prototypes in one 10-roll on my JP account back when he was first released.

I wanted Amakusa from this one. Instead I got...uh, Karna *and* Tesla, which I guess is a fine trade-off since I needed a good lancer and archer anyways (previously I had nothing above 3* for both those classes). They're also both servants I never got on my JP account (which is also why I wanted Amakusa; I'm trying to focus on servants I've never gotten to play with).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

its secretly the Karna banner. i got him in a ten pull on the Amakusa banner too, along with a copy of Versus (what i actually wanted)

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
I threw 17 tickets at the Amakusa banner and got him plus two more copies of Bedivere (NP4 now). Can't complain about that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

dogsicle posted:

its secretly the Karna banner. i got him in a ten pull on the Amakusa banner too, along with a copy of Versus (what i actually wanted)

Cool art aside, why were you aiming for the Versus? Is it good for some specific things? I have already the CE from the recent-ish event that gives +30% (limit broken) against Divine servants without the turn limitation (plus +50% NP charge to boot IIRC).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

In my quest for NP5 astolfo I ended up rolling an Arjuna, and then in the very next 10 roll I got a Karna.

I'm not saying they're catalysts for each other but... That's exactly what I'm saying.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Did Brynhild get a line update? I feel like her Siegfried line was different. Also some of her conversation buttons are Japanese now.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Can also confirm Secret Karna Rate-up, dropped 60 quartz chasing Salter and he showed up instead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Cool art aside, why were you aiming for the Versus? Is it good for some specific things? I have already the CE from the recent-ish event that gives +30% (limit broken) against Divine servants without the turn limitation (plus +50% NP charge to boot IIRC).

i was torn between Versus and Teacher for the free rerun CEs and figured if i got one from rolling then it would seal my decision. the 3t limitation on Versus shouldn't be that big of a deal depending on how your team is set up, and you can always just command seal for instant NPs anyway, or use crits on brave chains. the full 50% additional damage plus 40% defense against Divine does give it an edge over the recent event CE, if you're looking purely to burn bright and fast against Divine enemies.

e: all that said, if you have even a single Black Grail it will do as much for you without putting an expiration on your huge damage numbers and it isn't confined to a niche. also if you expect a fight to go long at all then Versus isn't the pick unless you're bringing that dps in for cleanup duty at the end.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 8, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Oh poo poo. Where do you go to farm bones?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crasical posted:

Oh poo poo. Where do you go to farm bones?

Fuyuki X-G unless you hate yourself.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Wish Octuplet Crystals weren’t backloaded into the second half of the year, they’re the mat I need the most right now. Karna and Beowulf are stuck waiting to ascend because I don’t have any, and Musashi’s skills are stuck at 4

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Did a 10-pull on the anniversary banner since I have more than enough AOE Buster Sabers (Original Recipe Artoria is still the best, I don't care about your ~tiers~) and having Astolfo would be fun. Got a ton of new CEs and Amakusa showed up for some reason. The anti-desire sensor is real.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Perfect beautiful husband man showed up after 17 tickets and 60 quartz and I still have plenty left over for a try at Waver and Cuzilla later. :dance:

I know gacha is bad civilization, but I'm a little annoyed that 17 tickets and roughly 80 quartz (I rolled some more after Arthur just to show who else would show up) only summoned two gold Servants. After about thirty quartz I got a silver Saber card that sparked gold...and it turned out to be NP 2 Saberlot, which, great, but also led to yelling.

I also got about fifty copies of the Merlin CE, slightly fewer of the Neverland one, a copy of Hot Sands, Cafe Camelot, the Fionn and Diarmuid one, NP 2 Bedi, and about ten copies of Saber Giles who would not stop showing up, what the hell, I don't even have Jeanne, go away!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This mini event reminded me that i knew absolutely nothing about Fate/prototype other than King Arthur is a boy and that weird Cu i've never used came from it.

Now, after some wiki-poking and ova-watching i've decided that Arthur is cool and good and maybe i'll do a 10 pull on this banner after all...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Liffrea posted:

Perfect beautiful husband man showed up after 17 tickets and 60 quartz and I still have plenty left over for a try at Waver and Cuzilla later. :dance:

I know gacha is bad civilization, but I'm a little annoyed that 17 tickets and roughly 80 quartz (I rolled some more after Arthur just to show who else would show up) only summoned two gold Servants. After about thirty quartz I got a silver Saber card that sparked gold...and it turned out to be NP 2 Saberlot, which, great, but also led to yelling.

I also got about fifty copies of the Merlin CE, slightly fewer of the Neverland one, a copy of Hot Sands, Cafe Camelot, the Fionn and Diarmuid one, NP 2 Bedi, and about ten copies of Saber Giles who would not stop showing up, what the hell, I don't even have Jeanne, go away!

lol

If you rolled a 5* and 4* from the equivalent of about 4-5 10-rolls, that's damned good luck. Not amazing, but a bit better than average (I think that someone should normally average a 5* every ten 10-pulls or so). If it was two 4*, I'd say that's about average for that many rolls.

Also Saberlot is great and my favorite servant, so NP2-ing him is good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah it's never a good feel when someone with objectively better gacha than you complains about having poor luck!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I've already pretty much forfeited any right to complain about gacha luck after my insane rolling streaks over the past year.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

I've already pretty much forfeited any right to complain about gacha luck after my insane rolling streaks over the past year.

same, got merlin in first 10 pull and ishtar right after on a random 10 pull I did so I can't really complain about the 400 quartz I spent on grandpa.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I had to reroll over 30 times to get Merlin in JP so that counts as 1800+ theoretical SQ.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I had to reroll over 30 times to get Merlin in JP so that counts as 1800+ theoretical SQ.

Same, except it wasn't theoretical

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Terrifying. I also know what it feels like to have poor gacha luck.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I spent about $500-$600 AUD on paid quartz trying to get Merlin, did not get him and super regretted it. I am not spending that much on gacha again.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Liffrea posted:

I wish my luck was this terrible

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hosed up someone at chaldea is collecting all these boys

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Stairmaster posted:

hosed up someone at chaldea is collecting all these boys

It's DaVinci, iirc.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

His strengthening makes allies turn evil for 3 turns.

Now when crime dad steals your stars to charge his NP, he takes your other frontline servants are accessory to the crime!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
https://news.fate-go.jp/2019/old_spider/

Moriarity strengthening!

...It makes his teammates evil for his charisma. Yay?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Let me tell you about my bad gacha luck

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If Davinci had been summoned as a dude, would they have shown up as the Vitruvian man? With a skill that lets them grow 2 extra arms and legs?

Who would voice such a character? Would they go for Suzumura, since he's Sakamoto's "counterpart", in a sense?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Moriarty looking dapper as always in his new threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i figured he'd get a buff but what a weird choice