Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Also, the Disembaudio Lunch Box is on sale for $69.

Nice.

There was also a new release today!

https://www.rifftrax.com/the-sorcerers-apprentice

quote:

No, it’s not the terrible Sorcerer’s Apprentice movie with Nicolas Cage, come on, we wouldn’t do that to you. It’s something MUCH WORSE than that!

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice comes from the same childlike-whimsy mill that brought us The Little Unicorn and Merlin: The Return. Speaking of Merlin: The Return, Merlin returns in this movie, too. There’s just something so compelling, and public domain, about that character! But this time, he’s played by the endlessly magical Robert Davi. And evil sorceress Morgana? None other than Kelly LeBrock, here to finally settle the question posed by Ghosthouse: who’s more popular in Denver, her or Kim Basinger? We’ll find out at last!

We’ll also find out if the little blonde boy who’s in all of these movies fits in at his new school, reconnects with his father, and impresses a girl with his card tricks (okay, we all know that last one’s not happening). Okay, Merlin has returned three more times since we started this paragraph, so hurry up and join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for The Sorcerer’s Apprentice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how many movies have featured Merlin at this point?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hey this whole channel is really cool. I know you lose some of the b-movie charm of the old junk video quality, but I have bad eyes and I've been spoiled by years of HD, so a lot of the old MST3k episodes are painful.

Edit: Man Sharknado 2 sucks. I know that's "the point" but the whole thing is so cynical and joyless, even the riff couldn't save it. And between Andy Dick, Matt Lauer and Jared Fogle it's jam packed with sex creeps.

Lester Shy fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 26, 2019

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Anyone in here tried getting live show tickets before? Curious when those go on sale, my work trip just got approved so I'm gonna try to go.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

they started the kickstarter thing where you'll get shorts if you back at $1, more shorts depending on number of backers

quote:

IF WE REACH… YOU’LL GET

3500 Backers - Warty, The Toad
3750 Backers - Rediscovery: Puppets
4000 Backers - Join Hands, Let Go!
4250 Backers - Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv
4500 Backers - Health: Your Posture
4750 Backers - You’re The Judge
5000 Backers - How To Keep a Job
5250 Backers - 10 Long Minutes
5500 Backers - The Day I Died
5750 Backers - Ghost Rider

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
3500 Backers - Warty, The Toad YES
3750 Backers - Rediscovery: Puppets YES
4000 Backers - Join Hands, Let Go! YES
4250 Backers - Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv 15 MORE BACKERS, C'MON!
4500 Backers - Health: Your Posture
4750 Backers - You’re The Judge

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
God I'm getting old. I remember when people would brag about not backing the kickstarters because "the live shows suck" etc.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I only been to two so far, the very first for Plan 9 and the Doctor Who one. Glad I went to that one, since it still not even on "just the joke" yet for some reason.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love the live shows but they dont do em in Japan so RIP me.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
2019 Sketchfest video is available!

I find myself preferring shorts to full length movies lately.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man I'd love to have PFT on a full length studio release. He fits in so well.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus these shorts are loving insane.

e:

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 2, 2019

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is this one of the first specials with new shorts, since I tend to skip the shows where they do shorts since it usually the ones they did before like Shake Hands With Danger.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

2019 Sketchfest video is available!

I find myself preferring shorts to full length movies lately.

Slam bought this because hell yeah hosed up shorts Ive not seen before

Barudak fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 2, 2019

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rirse posted:

Is this one of the first specials with new shorts, since I tend to skip the shows where they do shorts since it usually the ones they did before like Shake Hands With Danger.

I only recognized two reused shorts in there. The one with the cartoon birds talking about electricity safety from the Dr. Who Rifftrax Live and the one about the kid being attacked by his toys and clothes for not putting them away.

Of the new stuff, the Cautious Twins is especially hosed up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

I only recognized two reused shorts in there. The one with the cartoon birds talking about electricity safety from the Dr. Who Rifftrax Live and the one about the kid being attacked by his toys and clothes for not putting them away.

Of the new stuff, the Cautious Twins is especially hosed up.

I'm fine with them reusing the creepy British short since it not even up on the website until now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest RLM video is a breakdown of what tapes they actually have in their library and quite a few of them have been featured on MST3K and Rifftrax. So if you wanted to see the actual box art for stuff like Pumaman it's worth a watch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The cautious twins is just, wow what a short.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

The cautious twins is just, wow what a short.

If educational shorts have taught me nothing, it's that one in three adult males is a communist, pedophile, or user of the devil's weed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

If educational shorts have taught me nothing, it's that one in three adult males is a communist, pedophile, or user of the devil's weed.

Why do they still live in that town???

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lester Shy posted:

Edit: Man Sharknado 2 sucks. I know that's "the point" but the whole thing is so cynical and joyless, even the riff couldn't save it. And between Andy Dick, Matt Lauer and Jared Fogle it's jam packed with sex creeps.

I remember in an interview Kevin said something along the lines of "when you set out to make a bad movie all you have succeeded at is failure." And Sharknado 2 is doubly unfortunate because they tried to make it a meme.

KS Update:

3500 Backers - Warty, The Toad (UNLOCKED!)
3750 Backers - Rediscovery: Puppets (UNLOCKED!)
4000 Backers - Join Hands, Let Go! (UNLOCKED!)
4250 Backers - Clean and Neat with Harv and Marv (UNLOCKED!)
4500 Backers - Health: Your Posture (UNLOCKED!)
4750 Backers - You’re The Judge (UNLOCKED)

Slightly less than 200 backers to go and then we can all know how to hold down gainful employment!

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 3, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I like Sharknado 2. Maybe because it was the first one I saw. :kiddo:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

The latest RLM video is a breakdown of what tapes they actually have in their library and quite a few of them have been featured on MST3K and Rifftrax. So if you wanted to see the actual box art for stuff like Pumaman it's worth a watch.

Also they have about 80 copies of Nukie on VHS

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just backed the kickstarter.
gently caress yes Giant Spider Invasion!
PACKERS!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm in even though I don't know if I'll be able to see the actual live shows since the that theater showed them locally shut down a couple of months ago.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

happyhippy posted:

Just backed the kickstarter.
gently caress yes Giant Spider Invasion!
PACKERS!

How much more of the farmer's back brace is in the unedited cut do you think?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dawgstar posted:

How much more of the farmer's back brace is in the unedited cut do you think?

Not sure, just looking for some more long john sexiness and Hale funk.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
Holy poo poo poor Trace
He still performed at sketchfest with that voice

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

Holy poo poo poor Trace
He still performed at sketchfest with that voice

Not only that, he performed at his own show a day earlier.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I revisited The Guy From Harlem today. (He's still from Harlem.) I think my favorite part is just how indignant Kevin gets over how The Guy orders his New York Strip and the type of Scotch he gets.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Anyone in here tried getting live show tickets before? Curious when those go on sale, my work trip just got approved so I'm gonna try to go.

They go on sale a decent bit ahead of time. Kickstarter backers get first dibs.

I went last year for Krull and had a great time. Nashville is an awesome city.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

BDawg posted:

Nashville is an awesome city.

Not when I have to go there for work all the time :smith:. I can't stand farm emo and there's not much to do downtown otherwise, and they won't reimburse me to rent a car or uber somewhere else. Plus, I work from home, usually roll in at 10:30, make my own hours....loving blows living the cubicle life for a week. The food is good, at least.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out, I backed the kickstarter for that reason and my trip to headquarters is booked for that week without issue. Takes the edge off a trip if I can find something fun to look forward to, though there hasn't been a show worth seeing at TPAC in ages, at least not when I'm in town.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
New stretch goals! In addition to DVDs of the live shows:

$375K: Star Wars Episode IX riff - $75 backers get it free
$425K: JCVD Street Fighter riff - $100 backers get it free

Star Wars is great and all but for some reason, I feel like their whole riffing careers have been leading them to Street Fighter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I hope they'll take it easy on Raul, not unlike how they did with Overdrawn at the Memory Bank.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I unironically love the street fighter movie how dare they :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else going to back the mafia movie they plugged?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I pitched 5$ for that movie and another 5 for The Double ClicksDoubleclicks album.

E:VVVVV

quote:

The Doubleclicks are a nerd-folk musical duo based in Portland, Oregon, consisting of siblings Laser Malena-Webber (on guitar, ukulele, or cat keyboard[1]) and Aubrey Turner[2] (born Angela and Aubrey Webber). They first became known for performing nerd-friendly comedy music, including songs about Dungeons & Dragons, dinosaurs, and other geeky themes. While their later songs retain those elements, there has been a stronger focus on feminist and other social issues, and more personal themes.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/angelar/the-doubleclicks-new-album-the-book-was-better

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 7, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What is Double Clicks?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
What exactly was the point of the Flying Saucer Mystery? It seems like it was in favor of hearsay and rumor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

I actually really enjoyed that. It was just a catalogue but they added some humour to it and it worked.

That said: I don't think I "get" RLM most of the time, and I know that there is lots of fan overlap between them and Rifftrax/MST3K. Am I doing something wrong? I don't really enjoy watching a bunch of guys on a couch groaning at films.

I'm not saying that RLM is bad or whatever. I'm sincerely asking: is that "all" they do? Can you get full commentaries on films from them?