Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Industrious and :sparkles:.

Only through hard work and industry shall we achieve the wondrous, shiny future that is to be!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Creative, :smugdog:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Count me in for this!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A and :sparkles:.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Double dog!
B) Nomad :shittydog:
Megalomaniac :smugdog:

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Industrious and :smugdog:

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A and :sparkles:

Dogs are cool, but we'll be sorry several years from now when Super Jay reaches the bronze age.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bah, what is mere bronze when compared to the power of Dogs?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
Industrious and :sparkles:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Industrious, Megalomaniac.

We CAN be Stone Age Italy.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Creative, Idealistic

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Industrious, Idealistic

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Creative. Megalomanic.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Creative and Idealistic

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Creative :sparkles: are perfect.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Nomadic and :black101: because nobody can know how truly cruel we are unless we have puppies to kick.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Creative and :smugdog:; we are goons after all.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Let's go Industrious and :smugdog:.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Creative & :smugdog:, picking something you'll have to remove later seems lame so go with the safe option (plus megalomaniac because why not)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yeah I forgot to remind everyone in the update post that removing a positive trait in lieu of gaining a negative one is also an option for the future, as is removing a negative trait in lieu of gaining a new positive one.

Those aren't options for you all now mind you because that's no fun at all :colbert:

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Industrious and :smugdog:

Red John
Jul 12, 2018
Industrious and :black101:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Industrious and :smugdog: makes the most sense to me.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

count one more vote for this bandwagon please

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Industrious + :smugdog:

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum
Hmm. Two choices with alliterative appeal. I'll go with Cruel and Creative over Industrious and Idealistic.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I have no votes to offer because I'm paralyzed by indecision, but can I just say instead that those promotion icons are excellent? The one for the bully promotions especially is perfectly evocative of the effect.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RichardA posted:

Hmm. Two choices with alliterative appeal. I'll go with Cruel and Creative over Industrious and Idealistic.

This

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Boksi posted:

Pretty sure Hunting Sight comes from some buildings built by captured animals or great hunters or something. Unless they've changed it since I last played, that's entirely possible too.

I've seen an event that gives you a choice between getting a Master Hunter or upgrading all your Hunters with Hunting Sight.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Boksi posted:

Pretty sure Hunting Sight comes from some buildings built by captured animals or great hunters or something. Unless they've changed it since I last played, that's entirely possible too.

Narsham posted:

I've seen an event that gives you a choice between getting a Master Hunter or upgrading all your Hunters with Hunting Sight.

So I decided to actually investigate this which I probably should have done from the getgo.

Narsham is correct first of all, there is an event wherein one of the results is giving all of your Hunter units Hunting Sight, though I'm not entirely sure on what conditions it fires.

But beyond that:

Turns out the next unit in the Hunter line after the Tracker (and all subsequent Hunter units from there on) starts with Hunting Sight for free! :v:

So mystery solved I guess. Easy enough edit to the promotion post so no big deal.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Creative, :smugdog:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Assuming I counted correctly, current vote totals are:

Creative: 17
Industrious: 13
Nomad: 5

:smugdog:: 17
:sparkles:: 12
:black101:: 7

If the vote totals aren't closer than this I'll probably call it when I wake up tomorrow (it's 11:30 PM CST for me now), otherwise I'll let the vote run until tomorrow evening at some point and see what happens.

WhitemageofDOOM
Sep 13, 2010

... It's magic. I ain't gotta explain shit.
Creative, :sparkles:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Not an emptyquotevote.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Industrious, :smugdog:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I'm so glad to see an LP of this, and that you picked a space map from the beginning. Not that I ever played through to the space age before realizing I hadn't. And had to start again. Nope.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Calling the vote for Creative and :smugdog: Megalomaniac, look forward to the 500 self-portraits we commission for ourselves from the artists of our realm.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I have come to the conclusion that C2C is indeed the most realistic of all mods, as I stand here in a board room meeting trying not to throttle the five Great Engineers who won't shut up about trying to put diesel engines on everything despite the fact that my civilization has had clean energy for years, the Great Merchant who is advocating inventing a religion to make money, and the Great General who is adamant that I issue a formal proclamation that the grouper be made the navy's mascot, so that the army will stop making fun of them for not having a mascot.

(I would acquiesce to the last one, but I need to keep the general around in case I need more golden ages in the future.)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jossar posted:

I have come to the conclusion that C2C is indeed the most realistic of all mods, as I stand here in a board room meeting trying not to throttle the five Great Engineers who won't shut up about trying to put diesel engines on everything despite the fact that my civilization has had clean energy for years, the Great Merchant who is advocating inventing a religion to make money, and the Great General who is adamant that I issue a formal proclamation that the grouper be made the navy's mascot, so that the army will stop making fun of them for not having a mascot.

(I would acquiesce to the last one, but I need to keep the general around in case I need more golden ages in the future.)

Please tell me one of C2C's uses for captive animals is to use them as sports mascots.

And if you use a prisoner you get a team like the Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Pigbuster posted:

Please tell me one of C2C's uses for captive animals is to use them as sports mascots.

And if you use a prisoner you get a team like the Patriots.

No, that’s the Redskins.